***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,383 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd hate that for Jake but it would be a way to keep Kemp on the roster and call Tucker up.
Ag_07
AG
Since it would be only for like 3 games I'd imagine it's it'd be Fisher who gets the call.

We'll see though. I expect a suspension just to make Jake a poster boy and make good by the MLBPA.
JABQ04
AG
I still love how Lance said it shouldn't be "let the kids play" but "let the men play" since it's a mans game.
rosco511
AG
It is likely a combination of factors that are contributing to increased homerun numbers, but I think all of studies and data have shown the ball is juiced and is at least more than an immaterial factor in the increased homeruns.
redline248
AG
Looking at some quick numbers on pitchers and homers this year, Verlander is a real statistical anomoly.

His 1.8 home runs allowed per 9 innings is 0.6 higher than at any point in his career. There are only 4 pitchers with a HR/9 higher than JV. He's also the only pitcher with an ERA below 3.00 with an HR/9 over 1.2. Jose Berrios is at 1.2 and exactly 3.00, Cole is 1.3 at 3.09.

When looking at how many batters faced between home runs allowed, Verlander is at only 18.7. Cole every 27.2. Other notable pitchers I picked out...

Trevor Bauer, the leader in batters faced, allows a home run every 32.8 batters.
Sabathia, mentioned in that espn article, is at a homer every 20.2
Leake every 20.9

Bumgarner every 27.3
Sale every 27.8
Strasburg every 36
Stroman every 43.5
Morton at a remarkable every 50 batters.
redline248
AG
More on Marisnick

Quote:

"If your question is whether it's a dirty play or not, I don't think so," Grandal said.

Realmuto, who knows Marisnick from their days together in the Miami Marlins farm system, said he didn't believe there was any malicious intent.

BTKAG97
AG
If Jake got hurt on that play instead of Lucroy would we be talking about a suspension?
Ag_07
AG
LMJ this afternoon on 790 said 'Yeah I think he had had too much Blue Label before his post' regarding Yadi Molina.
dshedd41
S
Let's go A-Breg!
https://m.imgur.com/a/AEXvd57
Gig’em Aggies!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
And I'm back! Sorry for getting the thread locked! My final notes on the Jake trucking of Lucroy.

1. It wasn't dirty, Jake was trying to dive around the tag
2. Neither player wanted contact
3. I understand but disagree with MLBs ruling any suspensions. They bow to the twitterati and like other sports are unfortunately legislating out the physicality.
4. Jake will probably wear one but it should be a fastball in the thigh. Earholing should never be an option. Jake should take his base after a long stare down of the pitcher and that should end it.

Now let's get this home run derby!
Mr.Bond
AG
Lol. Cleveland booing breggy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PhatMack19
AG
How is Vlad Jr in the Hr Derby? He has 8 homers in his career. Yuli had that many last week
Bregxit
AG
That guy sounds great!
Mr.Bond
AG
A good portion of these home run derby participants aren't even native born citizens..... All hands over their hearts for the national anthem. I love Americas Pastime
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

astros4545
AG
PhatMack19 said:

How is Vlad Jr in the Hr Derby? He has 8 homers in his career. Yuli had that many last week

How can he not speak English
BTKAG97
AG
astros4545 said:

PhatMack19 said:

How can he not speak English
He's a rookie. It's his 1st year in the US.
Mr.Bond
AG
Born and raised in Canada. I bet he speaks French too

bearkatag15
AG
Tough matchup for Bregman
Post removed:
by user
zgood10
AG
Need 22 here Breggo
maca1028
Damn, 21.
Mr.Bond
AG
Last Homer shouldn't have counted

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Welp thanks for playing bregs
dshedd41
S
Cmon breggy!
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Let's go Breggy!
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Hell of an effort

Post removed:
by user
Bregxit
AG
Damn that was a great effort
Kashchei
AG
I would love to see Yordan one day...
Kashchei
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Um...
Mr.Bond
AG
Kid is putting on a SHOW

astros4545
AG
Looks like they quit making them wait for the ball to land
Mr.Bond
AG
astros4545 said:

Looks like they quit making them wait for the ball to land

I've never seen them enforce this. Harper last year was a joke.

astros4545
AG
Bregman wins going away if Trevor Bauer threw to him
AgDoc03
AG
astros4545 said:

Bregman wins going away if Tyler Bauer threw to him

FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 536 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.