***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,849 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
TREX01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Altuve is also coming off an injury and off season surgery so that raises some doubts
Bobcat-Ag
WES2006AG said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

When will the Astros have a better TV deal? How long will they be stuck on AT&T Sports Southwest? At some point I am hoping that the distribution gets better or they can get out of the deal.
They are on every major cable provider in the Houston area and have now been added to at least one streaming platform.

Apparently we have a very lucrative TV deal so I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.
I live in the Austin area and do not want cable. I would rather have a streaming service that I can cancel when I want at the end of the season. I guess I'm just complaining.

If it was so great, I would expect it to be on the major streaming services by now.
shano0603
AG
Marvin said:

k20dub said:

2019 AMERICAN LEAGUE MVP Player Current Odds per Odds Shark

Carlos Correa
+2000

Jose Altuve
+3000

I don't get it....
I'm guessing they think he's gonna be more a 15 homer a year kind of guy. Where if Correa gets healthy he could hit 40.
Mr.Ackar07
DVC2010
AG
ClickClack said:

I'm naked.

I'm not as intense as ClickClack, but I am wearing my orange boxers. The same ones I wore on opening day 2017!
Kashchei
AG
wangus12 said:

The biggest annoyance in my life living in DFW is finding the games on tv are impossible. Myself and the MLB streams on reddit are best friends

Do you have UVerse? I get every game on AT&T Sports (1758)
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
DVC2010 said:

ClickClack said:

I'm naked.

I'm not as intense as ClickClack, but I am wearing my orange boxers. The same ones I wore on opening day 2017!
So do we have you to blame for the results last year?
titanmaster_race
Let's play ball!
dshedd41
S
I've decided to wear my 2017 World Series Champs hat to the office today. Surprised I don't wear it too often
Gig’em Aggies!
superaggie73
AG
And Correa is coming off a year with serious back issues...makes zero sense.
bobinator
AG
Let's go boys!
Beat40
superaggie73 said:

It's just based off potential. If both stay healthy, Correa has a higher ceiling than Altuve as far as MVP type of numbers. Not saying he's a better player than Altuve, but I do understand why they would give Correa better odds based on potential alone.

Let's see if he can stay healthy after this neck issue...

What I'm really excited about is if Brantley's consistency rubs off on Springer. If that happens, holy moly, I think he will have a great shot at MVP.
Deluxe
AG
Assume Whitley, JBB, Joe Smith and a deadline acquisition pitcher make the playoff roster. Which four pitchers currently on the roster will be left out?
mazag08
AG
Correa will not stay healthy. It's just a fact. and it's why he will be the one star we are willing to part with.

If all you ever get is 60% of "could be great, but is merely above average", you don't overspend, you go find 90% of above average.
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

superaggie73 said:

It's just based off potential. If both stay healthy, Correa has a higher ceiling than Altuve as far as MVP type of numbers.

And yet, the opposite has already been proven to be true.

Beat40
mazag08 said:

Correa will not stay healthy. It's just a fact. and it's why he will be the one star we are willing to part with.

If all you ever get is 60% of "could be great, but is merely above average", you don't overspend, you go find 90% of above average.
I used to think it would be Springer we would definitely let walk. We still may, but depending on what type of season he has this year, it might not be so cut and dry.
Marvin
AG
dshedd41 said:

I've decided to wear my 2017 World Series Champs hat to the office today. Surprised I don't wear it too often

Wearing my bright orange WS quarter zip today!
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm here for W's, HR's and boobs!
bobinator
AG
There are a lot of reasons to be excited about this Stros season, but I can't wait to see what Bregman has in store for this year.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Beat40
Marvin said:

Beat40 said:

superaggie73 said:

It's just based off potential. If both stay healthy, Correa has a higher ceiling than Altuve as far as MVP type of numbers.

And yet, the opposite has already been proven to be true.

2017 - until Correa got hurt, they were both in the running for MVP.

Final lines for them in 2017:

BA/OPS/HR/RBI/BB/AB
JA - .346/.957/24/81/58/590
CC - .315/.941/24/84/53/422

Aside from batting average, they had pretty similar numbers. That's with with 168 less ABs than Altuve.

If Carlos had stayed healthy, he might have hit 35 HR and had over 100 RBI.

He didn't stay healthy, so it doesn't matter. But it's hard to look at those numbers and say if Correa had been healthy and played at the same level the entire season that he doesn't end up in serious consideration for MVP. Heck, I think he probably would have won it.

I don't really want to argue about it though. I love both guys, and until Carlos can stay healthy an entire season, Altuve should get the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.
n_touch
Tumbler examples are ready. I am heading to RTIC to check on colors. PM me for the link.

These are just the ones that I did. If anyone has a a different suggestion or wants a different look that is out there, let me know. I can do those as well.
Beat40
bobinator said:

There are a lot of reasons to be excited about this Stros season, but I can't wait to see what Bregman has in store for this year.
I am most excited for Springer and Bregman.

I really want to see if Springer can develop some consistency.

I am excited to see if Bregman can follow up last season with something similar or surpass last season.

If Altuve is fully healthy and returns to form, this offense has the potential to be especially nasty. Projected starting line-ups with Yuli at 6th? Get out of here. That's just gross.
dshedd41
S
from ESPN preview of Today's game against TB:
Quote:

This is the other must-watch game of the day since we get Justin Verlander and Blake Snell -- last year's 1-2 finishers in the American League Cy Young voting. Verlander is probably still hot about finishing second to Snell in a close vote -- Snell had 21 wins and a 1.89 ERA, but Verlander threw 33 more innings.

Verlander just signed a $66 million extension that will keep him in Houston through 2021. "I don't want to be anywhere else," Verlander said. And why would he? The Astros are coming off back-to-back 100-win seasons and seek to become the first team since the 2002-04 Yankees to reach 100 three years in a row. He makes his 11th career Opening Day start. Snell, meanwhile, enters with a nine-game winning streak as he won nine of his final 10 starts of 2018, allowing just eight runs in 57 innings in that stretch with 84 strikeouts. He's out to prove one Cy Young Award is not enough.
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
if yall want to come join my fantasy baseball league i just created, come on down!
http://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/join?leagueId=91899033&inviteId=8d8d1e76-2e72-4280-9041-e148f4eb59e7
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Ackar07
Took me a long second to realize that wasn't the Astrodome fixed up for opening day.
wangus12
AG
Kashchei said:

wangus12 said:

The biggest annoyance in my life living in DFW is finding the games on tv are impossible. Myself and the MLB streams on reddit are best friends

Do you have UVerse? I get every game on AT&T Sports (1758)
We cut the cord and went with Hulu Live which isn't bad, but lacking in selection
Marvin
AG
I'll say this- if both are healthy (meaning, apples to apples comparison) and Correa garners more MVP votes than Altuve, this year is going to be really, really fun!
CFTXAG10
AG
fatdad84ag
AG
It's finally game time for MLB. (unless you count the 2 last week in Tokyo). About to watch the Orioles and Yankees while my students work on their class work.
iBrad
AG
Not surprised Reddick is out. Snell is a tough matchup for him.
Mathguy64
AG
And no 10 day DL either this year. I wonder if they will wait a day or 2 on Correa to make a decision
Beat40
Completely agree, hombre!
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.