***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,416 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's gotta feel good for la Pina. Now can we got get the seeep tomorrow without extras??
bearkatag15
AG
Julia needs to learn spanish to make her interviews with Yordan and Yuli more efficient.
Kashchei
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Julia needs to learn spanish to make her interviews with Yordan and Yuli more efficient.

Or Yuli could learn English. Y'know, 'Murica and all...
redline248
AG
Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Astros are 17-22 in SB Attempts in June. Need to run more, especially with Straw.

Can't run if you're not on base
Astute observation.

We have been on base 350 times this month, give or take a few.

I was talking specifically about Straw, should have been clear.

Anyway, good job Yuli. Too bad he's hurt, now
Straw has a .428 OBP and has pinch run a ton, so I'm still not too sure what you're talking about.

Then I'm wrong. It doesn't feel like he's bringing much to the offense. I concede the point
Ag12thman
AG
Two badly needed wins in a row. Freaking Yuli !
Mathguy64
AG
And for the record, one legged old declining skills Yuli is 10x better than option B, who is probably elbow deep in a gallon of HEB 1905 vanilla ice cream right now.
bearkatag15
AG
Silent For Too Long
mathguy86 said:

And for the record, one legged old declining skills Yuli is 10x better than option B, who is probably elbow deep in a gallon of HEB 1905 vanilla ice cream right now.

Truth.

What's it now 35 and 7 in games where yuli has an RBI? That seems to indicate he's come up big when we need it most, despite his overall risp numbers.
TREX01
Yeah there is a clown on this thread that will back White until he's blue in the face but the truth is that Yuli is twice the player White is and is also a clutch guy that makes things happen. White not so much. Let's get healthy and move White so we can keep straw on the team
Mr.Bond
AG
If you say his name 3 times fast he will appear
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
hopefully Yordan will be back
BCSGrubber
AG
I would rather have Brantley or Yordan play first than White...
bearkatag15
AG
The fact that he was available as a pinch hitter today makes me think he will be ready for DH tomorrow. The Colorado series will be interesting though.. I hope the knee is feeling good by Tuesday.
W
AG
the Astros need the top of the order to get in synch.

tonight...Springer had 2 hits, but Altuve and Bregman took 0-fers.

last night...Bregman had 3 hits, but Altuve and Springer took 0-fers

W
AG
and speaking of Altuve...his lefty vs. righty splits are stunning.

1.214 OPS vs. left-handed pitchers.

.662 OPS vs. right-handed pitchers.

if that doesn't improve soon, he can't hit in the 2-hole ahead of Brantley and Yordan when a right-hander starts
Prosperdick
AG
Gap said:

Strange path to the ball by the Seattle CF. I'll take it.

Would have been a can of corn for Jake.

As for Alvarez he looked good celebrating on the field so hopefully he's good for tomorrow.

Damn nice win and finally get to extend a game on the Rangerettes.
Silent For Too Long
W said:

the Astros need the top of the order to get in synch.

tonight...Springer had 2 hits, but Altuve and Bregman took 0-fers.

last night...Bregman had 3 hits, but Altuve and Springer took 0-fers

and before that I think Altuve was on a hit streak.

Yeah they need to get in sync. Some of its just luck, but this offense definitely goes from the mundane to lethal when the 1 through 5 is in sync.

And we haven't even seen it at 100% yet. It's why I have to sit back and roll my eyes when people start freaking out. This line up will be fully healthy again soon and is ridiculously, historically, good when it is. Good things are coming.

We were at Murders Row pace without the Havana Hammer for goodness sakes.

Good things.
Ag_07
AG
COL series will be interesting.

Even if healthy can Yordan play LF good enough to play there where the ball flies?

If he does play LF then where does Brantley play?

Think this could be a time we see Brantley at 1B. With an OF of Reddick, Jake, and Springer.
CFTXAG10
AG
Had to leave early, but saw the last play on a bar tv screen downtown while a group of frat guys fought a wild hobo. Never change Saturday nights in Houston.
Silent For Too Long

If ya'll haven't seen that video it's awesome. Guy talks about JV having one of the most amazing innings ever and backs it up with some unworldly stats, and pitches, back in 2008. The most lethal I've seen him empty the tank, ever.

ETA: the sound track is a legit piece of nostalgia as well.
redline248
AG
I laughed so hard when he showed the pitchers who have thrown 100 in the 8th inning, and then the final pitch.

Thanks for sharing
Silent For Too Long
Yeah, that 82, 102, 82 finisher was just beautiful. A basically unhittable at bat.
bearkatag15
AG

McHugh had good stuff yesterday
BCSGrubber
AG
Glad he learned how to pitch from your boy Tyler while he was on IL
Harry Dunne
TREX01 said:

Yeah there is a clown on this thread that will back White until he's blue in the face but the truth is that Yuli is twice the player White is and is also a clutch guy that makes things happen. White not so much. Let's get healthy and move White so we can keep straw on the team
Thanks. Hope others are as gracious to you when you're wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
TREX01 said:

Clam down, Buck-o. Harry can have his opinion. He's one of the move level headed posters on here and has given his opinions on White with facts.

As far as us fans go, Yuli is 100x easier to like than a White. Yuli is getting back on track. White is not matching last year. So far this year there isn't a huge difference between them. If we're betting on the 2nd half, I'd put money on Yuli. If we're assigning value then White is the better bang for your buck.
Ag_07
AG
Sucks for McHugh because he probably wants to be a starter especially with becoming a free agent next year, but he's proven he's a BP guy for good.

He's performed so much better out of pen and has way more value to this team out there than being a lackluster starter.
Farmer1906
AG
We might need him as a starter if Brad is out longer.
DVC2010
AG
I just got back to Houston after a week and a half in the Middle East. What did I miss?
bearkatag15
AG

Alvarez won't see a good pitch to hit all day
CFTXAG10
AG
White in the 5 hole, Cole can't be happy about that plus Brantley and Chirinos on the bench.
Harry Dunne
Only Marisnick for Springer away from being our worst possible lineup with the current roster. Which means we probably score 10 runs.

I know I'm going to get called more names for this, but batting White fifth shows you AJ believes in him. I know hitting ahead of Reddick is just to break up LH bats and if Yuli is healthy he's not in the lineup...and he's not exactly hitting ahead of all stars, but still.

I'm happy to be wrong about Yuli. I still think he's in decline but no doubt he's got huge nuts when the game is on the line and should definitely be in there over White. I feel like some of you are so desperate to be "right" that you'd rather have White fail just so you can say I told you so.
Mathguy64
AG
Let's try a little reverse jinx action.

The 5-7-8-9 spots are going 1-14 with 8 Ks and our fattie wears a sombrero. Their fattie goes 3-4 with 2 dingers.
CFTXAG10
AG
McHugh from the Pen (via Twitter)
6.2 IP
1 ER
10 K
4 H
2 BB
First Page Last Page
Page 484 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.