***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,999 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Astros used to be fun to watch.
Ag_07
AG
Jesus...Another HR
gambochaman
AG
Barf
CFTXAG10
AG
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
Beat40
So far the only thing positive from this game is Altuve and Yuli.

Maybe Altuve is going back to being a hit machine and Yuli can go scorched earth for a while. I'm almost coming around to switching Bregman and Altuve between the 2 and 3 spot.

Pretty disappointed in the pitching this month for sure.
spadilly
S
Glad I didn't take a half day off for this.
mwm
In the last 11 games (incl today...so far) pitching has given up 26 HRS. Pathetic.
R-Dog
AG
mwm said:

In the last 11 games (incl today...so far) pitching has given up 26 HRS. Pathetic.
And we could not possibly be more unclutch at the plate.

Recipe for disaster but we just have to weather the storm. I'd say we need a day off but we just had one on Monday.
tjack16
AG
Will we have double digit hits with zero runs? Find out next inning
tjack16
AG
Rangers won today... division lead could be down to just 4
bradtheag
AG
I know the team needed to get some big innings to catch up, but GEEZ, 9 hits and no runs? Advance a dang runner and we may have scored a few.
Ag12thman
AG
I almost went to the game today. Coworker went a few nights ago when this whole slide started and she said it was absolutely miserable experience. Believe it was when Blue Jays blanked us 12 - 0 (or something like that) at home.
tjack16
AG
Ag12thman said:

I almost went to the game today. Coworker went a few nights ago when this whole slide started and she said it was absolutely miserable experience. Believe it was when Blue Jays blanked us 12 - 0 (or something like that) at home.

Can confirm it's miserable right now here too
Jackal99
AG
spadilly said:

Glad I didn't take a half day off for this.
Yep. I took my kid last night. I gave him the option of last night's game or today's. He picked last night's because he wanted the bobblehead. When we left (early...I know, I know...), he said, "I guess I should have picked tomorrow's game." I can't wait to tell him the good news when I pick him up from camp.
tjack16
AG
9 hits. All singles
Pirates have only outhit us by 2... but lead by 8.

An extra base hit now and then would be nice
sts7049
AG
kinda cool that gattis is pitching now
Ag12thman
AG
Props to you for going and staying. Reminds me of some of the years prior to 2017. Gotta shake out of this funk and SOON. Yes, I realize we are still the division leaders, but we won't be for long playing like we are. We are too talented for this - especially at the plate - to be putting up goose-eggs in so many freaking innings.
TXAG14
Remember the 10 game lead we had in the division at the beginning in the month? It gone.
Bregxit
AG
Ag12thman said:

Props to you for going and staying. Reminds me of some of the years prior to 2017. Gotta shake out of this funk and SOON. Yes, I realize we are still the division leaders, but we won't be for long playing like we are. We are too talented for this - especially at the plate - to be putting up goose-eggs in so many freaking innings.
We said the same thing for a month or so in both 17 and 18.
tjack16
AG
10-0.... against the Pirates
tjack16
AG
Kind of feel bad for Sneed. They are clearly just going to make him stay out there when he is not ready or on today.
Aggie8587
AG
We are on the brink of 3 double-digit losses in a span of 11 days. That's unacceptable
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Not a bad debut (edit: inning) for Sneed
this did not age well
Deluxe
AG
Another pitcher on our 40 that is in no way capable of helping us win. List is getting long.
Hulla Baller
AG
Beat40
We need the pitching to stop putting us in large early holes. That does not help a clearly struggling offense at the moment.
agproducer
AG
The Astros have been failing on so many levels. At some point, they will head back to average.

Pitching has been abysmal during this stretch. Starting pitching has been questionable. The bullpen has had some bright spots, but overall, the middle relief makes you want to reach for Rolaids.

At the plate, the team is failing to get timely hits. Also, where is the power?

I've never wanted the All-Star Break to get here so fast. The guys need to take some time off, get their heads on straight and refocus for the second half.

ChAg1799
AG
No one is pitching all that great... remember when nearly the entire pitching staff was hurt and Fires kept us winning games... We need another SP... like today!

I just dropped stupid money on the Astros game for me and family (plus son's friends) for his b-day... Its gonna hurt to go and watch this kinda *****..
Juan Solo
AG
Ag_07
AG
Sneed with 6 IP with 4 runs

That's stout for us right now.
Frok
AG
I know Hinch is a keep it calm and steady guy. But they need someone to walk through the clubhouse smashing everything with a bat. Wake up, have you no pride?
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

Think about it -- he did pretty well for being thrown to the wolves.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

I would have taken that out of our starter. No question.
ChAg1799
AG
When someone hits their first career HR in 4 years... it was bound to be a suck game...
CFTXAG10
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 466 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.