***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,914 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve now at .236 on the year
MAROON
AG
W said:

wangus12 said:

Injuries had to catch up with us eventually. What a frustrating series at the plate
and the slow-playing of injuries...and Luhnow's unwillingness to make a minor trade or two for backup major league talent
cannot even believe this comment got a star.
Deluxe
AG
Ags #1 said:

Yep. Still winless since he returned from injury.
Kashchei
AG
W said:

wangus12 said:

Injuries had to catch up with us eventually. What a frustrating series at the plate
and the slow-playing of injuries...and Luhnow's unwillingness to make a minor trade or two for backup major league talent

I'm not worried about our division, but home field in the playoffs is pretty ****ing important.
Ag_07
AG
Kashchei said:

W said:

wangus12 said:

I'm not worried about our division, but home field in the playoffs is pretty ****ing important.

This year it is since we may end up having to play in MIN in late October.

And we know how we fare there when it's cold.
Gap
AG
Ags #1 said:

Ouch on the $151M, 5 year contract extension he signed just a year ago.
Ags #1
AG
Not worried about his BA or contract at this point as we all know he can go on a tear at any time. Just stating what his BA is currently.
Bonfired
AG
Tough series to get swept in when you had your 1-2 starters going, but, **** happens, and happened. Focusing on the big picture here...but damn, losing this one stung a little more because we actually had a lead to protect.
mwm
Four Ls in a row to bottom feeders. Butt ugly.
Bonfired
AG
7 more games in NL parks...I think our already hamstrung lineup was hurt even more in this series by losing a bat. If we're fully healthy, that will matter less.
Farmer1906
AG
Seasons over. Tear it down and start the rebuild.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
162 games
On pace to win 102/103
The Twins will cool down the stretch while we and the Yanks should expect to pick up our pace.

It could be a tight race but we have over performed with 3 all star out. Altuve will return to form. Springer will be back for the Mariners series
AstroAggie15
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

162 games
On pace to win 102/103
The Twins will cool down the stretch while we and the Yanks should expect to pick up our pace.

It could be a tight race but we have over performed with 3 all star out. Altuve will return to form. Springer will be back for the Mariners series

Username checks out in the best way possible.

redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Are people never allowed to voice concerns/complaints over a loss, or string of losses?
W
AG
regarding Tucker...is the plan for him to stay in AAA all season?

with so many hitters slumping or trending majorly in the wrong direction
W
AG
and Altuve...he played in his 40th game today. Currently 35 of 148 for a .236 batting average.

if he plays in 80 more games this season...and figuring 4 AB's per game...

he'll need to hit .328 the rest of the way to finish with a .300 season batting average.

that is certainily possible. Obviously he needs to go on a long hot streak to get there
Deluxe
AG
W said:

Give him a first baseman's mitt
Gap
AG
Tucker was awful last year. He blew his opportunity. I don't see him getting any consistent at bats with us this year. So many guys called up this year because of all the injuries at one time and Tucker wasn't one of them and hopefully the roster gets healthier from here.
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

White and Kemp to Toronto for Biggio jr and Vlad Jr
Agnzona
irish pete ag06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

White and Kemp to Toronto for Biggio jr and Vlad Jr

White and Kemp to Angles for Trout & Ohtani.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Are people never allowed to voice concerns/complaints over a loss, or string of losses?

Who said that? I'm just voicing my opinion.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

If that's the plan, then it's a stupid ****ing plan.

He's had a fun 162 in AAA as of a few days ago.

redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yeah, no one believes you.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yeah, no one believes you.

You wound me, sir.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
W said:

and Altuve...he played in his 40th game today. Currently 35 of 148 for a .236 batting average.

if he plays in 80 more games this season...and figuring 4 AB's per game...

he'll need to hit .328 the rest of the way to finish with a .300 season batting average.

that is certainily possible. Obviously he needs to go on a long hot streak to get there

I wouldn't call it a hot streak, just bat the same as he has the last 4-5 years.
Unemployed
AG
Everybody was expecting these Triple A guys to come back down to earth. Too bad it was against the crappy ass Reds.
Silent For Too Long
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sure, you are allowed to. We are also allowed to needle you for being over reactionary nancies.

This team is going to lose 50 to 60 games this year, which is fantastic. Some of those losses are going to be strung together, particularly when some of our best players are still on the mend.

Its disappointing, for sure, but takes like "Lunhow should have done something " are just asinine and show the people favoring that take know nothing about baseball.
Ags #1
AG
Lol. It's the extreme mood swings both ways like a women on her cycle that people don't want to hear. Good or bad. Or being a smart arse
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

W said:

If that's the plan, then it's a stupid ****ing plan.

There's just no room for him.

Seriously how do you bring him up where he isn't riding pine? Especially now with Yordan having success as a DH.

You aren't sending Jake down, you aren't sitting Brantley, he's not taking Reddick's spot, Kemp needs to be here to play 2nd, Jack needs to be here to play SS.

Maybe him instead of Straw but he still ends up getting minimal ABs,
Frok
AG
At some point this year you have to ditch either White, Kemp, or Mayfield to get Tucker another chance. You can't leave someone like that at AAA. Luhnow needs to figure it out.

Ag_07
AG
And really looking at the long term big picture...

I don't see how Tucker fits into this regular OF without one of Brantley, Springer, or Reddick gone.

One of those four has to go one way or the other
W
AG
unfortunately here's the issue with Reddick.

OPS by month:

April ---> .922
May ---> .703
June ---> .690

after the hot start with the new approach, he's regressed back to 2018 Reddick. It's not just a slump after 6+ weeks of .700 OPS numbers
Andyzipp
AG
Ag_07 said:

And really looking at the long term big picture...

I don't see how Tucker fits into this regular OF without one of Brantley, Springer, or Reddick gone.

One of those four has to go one way or the other

Probably depends on what you mean by long term. If nothing changes, Brantley and Reddick are both gone after the 2020 season. I'd suspect that Reddick is dealt (if not by July 31st, then in the off-season) and that Tucker is on the roster when that happens.
Ag_07
AG
Probably and I expect it to be in the offseason. I don't think it would be a smart move chemistry and clubhouse wise to deal Reddick midseason in favor of Tucker.

And by long term I just mean beyond this year.

No way they can keep Brantley, Springer, Reddick as-is and leave Tucker in AAA until after 2020.
BigPuma
AG
Ag_07 said:

Probably and I expect it to be in the offseason. I don't think it would be a smart move chemistry and clubhouse wise to deal Reddick midseason in favor of Tucker.

And by long term I just mean beyond this year.

No way they can keep Brantley, Springer, Reddick as-is and leave Tucker in AAA until after 2020.
You are also failing to include Alvarez in that cluster. Since Luhnow says that first base is not an option for him and Hinch says he is too young to DH everyday.
First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.