***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,162 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

bearkatag15 said:

From another board

Quote:

Hinch on MLB Radio says Altuve is on track for a rehab assignment this weekend. It will be 3-5 games.

Springer, McHugh and Stassi will all follow very soon after.

That puts Altuve back for the start of the Yankees series

Great news. I was worried about McHugh since nothing has been reported. That I could find anyway.
McHugh "injury" is interesting. Elbow discomfort is either real serious or a way to put a guy on the IL who needs to sort himself out?
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

astros4545 said:

Just fyi
I don't understand it either. TED will be a multiple year starter and All Star.

It's just as crazy to nickname him after Ted Williams after his MiL performance as it is to write him off after 69 ML ABs.

3B Paul 97
AG
dshedd14 said:

Hope he does this again today.

It would have to be in a pinch hitting situation since Hinch will sit him on the bench after a good first game.
Ag_07
AG
dshedd14 said:

I love Blummer just chuckling as Kalas is making the call.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Morton's W-L record the last 3 years is now 37-10 in 69 starts.
His career record when he came to Houston was 46-71, so he's now 2 games over .500. And he's still the same good 'ol Charlie.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Beat40
Yup. He's just watching baseball in that moment.
Mathguy64
AG
Cool. Fat Elvis is in the house!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr President Elect
AG

A pretty lefty heavy lineup today
Deluxe
AG
dshedd14 said:

I wonder how many lefties have put one up near the gas pump.

Related thought: Has a lefty ever gotten one onto the train tracks? I feel like Yordan might be able to do that.
redline248
AG
Wish Chirinos didn't have to move up that far, but I'll survive. Who do y'all think benefits from the adjacent hitter the most here? Yuli or Yordan?
W
AG
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

Morton's W-L record the last 3 years is now 37-10 in 69 starts.
His career record when he came to Houston was 46-71, so he's now 2 games over .500. And he's still the same good 'ol Charlie.
it seems unprecedented for someone to turnaround their record like that in their mid-30's
W
AG
crossed my mind too. Don't recall many lefties visiting the Conoco pump.

Adam Dunn might have
CFTXAG10
AG
Bonds?
HvilleAggie
AG
W said:

Adam Dunn might have
As a proud Phillips 66 employee, this hurts
redline248
AG
I asked McTaggart in a tweet. He always seems to have that kind of info. We'll see if he replies
Buck Compton
AG
redline248 said:

I asked McTaggart in a tweet. He always seems to have that kind of info. We'll see if he replies
I was trying to find a Minute Maid spray chart, but couldn't. The data has to be out there by park, by hitter handedness, but my guess is no one has published the query to automatically refresh on a website.
bearkatag15
AG
Buck Compton said:

redline248 said:

I was trying to find a Minute Maid spray chart, but couldn't. The data has to be out there by park, by hitter handedness, but my guess is no one has published the query to automatically refresh on a website.
Here is the spray chart for all lefty hitters at MMP who hit home runs since 3/29/2010. The link to the site is below. You can see the settings I selected in the image to recreate it yourself.

EDIT: It seems the last year this site has recorded hit data was through the 2016 season.

https://public.tableau.com/views/SprayChartComparison/ParkComparison?%3Aembed=y&%3Adisplay_count=y&%3AshowVizHome=no#1

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG

Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Wish Chirinos didn't have to move up that far, but I'll survive. Who do y'all think benefits from the adjacent hitter the most here? Yuli or Yordan?
Oh no we have to bat our 140 wRC+ catcher 6th.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Oh no we have to bat our 140 wRC+ catcher 6th.

What are his splits based on spot in the order? I love the guy, but I just think he excels lower. Probably one of those feel things that isn't backed statistically. I'm OK with that, though.
Frok
AG
Quote:

Hinch says Altuve is "doing great"

Translation: He's still alive and making lots of money. But his leg is still hurt.

Mathguy64
AG
Even with Alvarez up we are still subject to fatty at 1B.
bearkatag15
AG
mathguy86 said:

Even with Alvarez up we are still subject to fatty at 1B.

Hinch said Alvarez won't play the field until Saturday and then again on Monday. Both in LF.
Agnzona
I'm not sure I would even try and play him in the field. Why give him something else to worry about. We got outfielders all over the place. He. Doesn't need to play anywhere at all, but if you feel he does it absolutely should be at 1st base.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Farmer1906
AG
Agnzona said:

I'm not sure I would even try and play him in the field. Why give him something else to worry about. We got outfielders all over the place. He. Doesn't need to play anywhere at all, but if you feel he does it absolutely should be at 1st base.

I somewhat agree. If it comes down to winning game 7 of the World Series. I want to be able to put my best line up out there. There is a chance Yuli & White aren't in that line up.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I feel like Tucker never made real solid contact. I'd like to see the comparison of Bregs and his spray chart overlaid with speed off the bat
Ag_07
AG
He seriously can't be any worse than White at 1B.
Buck Compton
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I feel like Tucker never made real solid contact. I'd like to see the comparison of Bregs and his spray chart overlaid with speed off the bat

Tucker's issue is he only ever hit fastballs and had a terrible eye. Bregman was spreading his contact around (at least it felt like that). I haven't looked up stats to back it up.
W
AG
HvilleAggie said:

W said:

Adam Dunn might have
As a proud Phillips 66 employee, this hurts
whoops, I guess I missed the pump name change a decade ago or so
shano0603
AG
Before this game kicks off. What would you be willing to give up for a guy like Brad Hand? And what if he was packaged with a guy like Carlos Santana?
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

He seriously can't be any worse than White at 1B.

It hurts, but it's true
W
AG
looked it up...Adam Dunn hit 14 career homers at MMP. Would have guessed more than that.

Bonds hit just 6 homers at MMP
Farmer1906
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 369 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.