***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,187 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah that's my hope but I doubt they DFA him right now especially with the guys we have on the IL.
Gap
AG
This injury update was in Brian McTaggart's Astros story today:

Quote:

Hinch said Friday that Altuve, Springer and Diaz could be sent on Minor League rehab assignments by the end of the homestand. Altuve has been out since May 10 with a strained left hamstring/right leg fatigue. Springer has been out since May 24, and Diaz has been out since May 26, both with strained left hamstrings.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Pretty amped about this Yordan call up. I've got Crawford Box tickets for Tuesday's game, so I've got a chance at snagging his first career HR. He'll probably put a couple into orbit before then, but a man can hope.
Bregxit
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Pretty amped about this Yordan call up. I've got Crawford Box tickets for Tuesday's game, so I've got a chance at snagging his first career HR. He'll probably put a couple into orbit before then, but a man can hope.

Nah. Will be a Tucker repeat. Hit a buck-oh-five and loaf around the field while people make excuses about needing time.
bearkatag15
AG
Talking the other day about crazy scores in AAA... Round Rock just won 19-5. 2 days after winning 26-11

Players missing from their team include Yordan Alvarez, Garret Stubbs, Myles Straw, Jack Mayfield

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mathguy64
AG
They scored 19. But they left 22 on base.
monarch
S
AAA pitching vs. MLB pitching...
Peace for Ukraine!
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
This makes me happy

Mr.Bond
AG
I'm not a star trek/wars guy. What does this mean
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond said:

No clue. I just thought it was a cool thing to tweet out on the day of the biggest call up of the year
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mr.Bond said:

No clue. I just thought it was a cool thing to tweet out on the day of the biggest call up of the year
The Death Star. The ultimate weapon capable of destroying worlds; itself destroyed by a bratty teenager dropping a bomb up its poopshoot.
AgDoc03
AG
Any word on the corresponding roster move?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deluxe
AG
AgDoc03 said:

I've been F5ing Twitter for the last 15 minutes or so
bullard21k
AG
AgDoc03 said:

Gudwan, mayfield, fisher, straw and white are the possibilities imo.

With us gassed in the bullpen and needing middle infielders more than outfielders for the foreseeable futures that "could" theoretically eliminate gudwan and mayfield even though they have both been terrible.

I wouldn't waste an option on straw as I think he belongs regardless. Fisher I'm meh on.

Not saying it's going to happen but wouldn't surprise me if this is D day for Tyler white
spadilly
S
bearkatag15
AG

Guduan sent back down
bearkatag15
AG
Ags #1
AG
Decent lineup except for mayfield.
shano0603
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Guduan sent back down

Still tippin on 44
Harry Dunne
It will be interesting to see what happens. I really do wish that TW could get sent down to work on his swing and his weight. I think the options limit is hurting both sides in this case.

FWIW, ZIPS projections have Alvarez hitting .255/.315/.440, 17 HR & 56 RBI the rest of the season. (equivalent of just under 30 HR/100 RBI over a full season).

That seems a little aggressive and these are the same projections that had TW hitting 20 HR and 75 RBI (oops), so let's keep the anointing oil in its case for now, but what else are they supposed to say about the Barry bonds of AAA...and they are the most accurate around (meaning they are not quite as awful as others.)
. . .
Harry Dunne
Oh really? You're not going to keep using the masseuse that cracked a rib and cost you a spot in the ASG and a chance to shake the "brittle" reputation?

redline248
AG
I know it's unlikely, but I'd love to see Alvarez homer, today. Want him to come out as hot as Austin Riley
bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
Gap said:

This injury update was in Brian McTaggart's Astros story today:

Quote:

Hinch said Friday that Altuve, Springer and Diaz could be sent on Minor League rehab assignments by the end of the homestand. Altuve has been out since May 10 with a strained left hamstring/right leg fatigue. Springer has been out since May 24, and Diaz has been out since May 26, both with strained left hamstrings.

translation: We'll see Diaz on July 1st. Altuve & Springer on August 1st
W
AG
wonder why Correa won't come out and give the name of the masseuse. Or has he already done so?
Mr.Bond
AG
W said:

wonder why Correa won't come out and give the name of the masseuse. Or has he already done so?

I don't think it's necessary
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Dunne
W said:

Probably doesn't want to ruin that person's career just because they made one mistake. It was obviously not intentional & losing Correa as a client and reference and being non grata with all of his circle is punishment enough.
mwm
It'll be known when the lawsuit is filed for malpractice. But Correa's statement that it hurt before the massage was probably not a good thing to say out loud.
. . .
Bregxit
AG
. . . said:

Dammit I hate hamstring injuries. So hard to get over!
Harry Dunne
Great play by Yuli
Marvin
AG
This vaunted Orioles pitching staff, worst in MLB, has pretty much silenced the Astros bats in this series. Looking forward to that changing at some point today.
Mathguy64
AG
And another 1st where they put 20 plus pitches on us and we barely get 10 on them.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.