***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,949 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10 runs with 3 mvp caliber players on the IL, is that good?
bearkatag15
AG
mazag08 said:

Ok I'm sold. Straw is a gamer and too valuable to go back down.

I have no idea what you do with Kemp, Straw, and Fisher all so valuable. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kemp as part of the Tyler White trade. Gotta open up room somewhere, and though I love Kemp, Straw is making him look expendable.
I want Straw and Fisher right now over Kemp. Playing 2B won't be as valuable to this team once Altuve and Diaz come back.
Beat40
agproducer said:

Haniger got lucky AF.

Blum just said Fish hit that ball at 113mph. Yeah, he got lucky AF.
Buck Compton
AG
mazag08 said:

113.8 MPH. Jesus Fisher.
Just needs to work on that lunch angle a bit.
Gap
AG
I think Straw is here to stay too. I don't know what moves have to occur but I don't seem him going back down.
txag614
Few things:

1) Jake just keeps improving. Good for him. Total team player.

2) Fisher is hitting absolute bullets all over the place

3) It's early, but idc... Myles Straw can play in the show.

Sometimes you don't give up on guys early in their ML career. Players develop at different paces.
Buck Compton
AG
That speed in 3 or 4 straight batters is deadly.
agproducer
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

The real question is: Are the Astros this good or does our division just suck as bad as the AL Central?
MAROON
AG
Miles Straw running the bases is like watching Secretariat at The Belmont
Mr President Elect
AG
Bregs gotta love this speed ahead of him; he might petition AJ to put Springer behind him in the lineup.
mazag08
AG
So I say we dump two relievers to make room for Fisher and Straw once the team is healthy. Just start Verlander, Cole, and Peacock every 3rd game.
Ags #1
AG
With straw and fisher playing well who is the odd man out when we get healthy? Maybfield and Stubbs will go down but who else? I assume straw gets to stay up and fisher gets sent down?
Beat40
I mean, these boys are just making decisions tough for management. What the hell do they realistically do if they want to call Alvarez up? And then Tucker?
astros4545
AG
mazag08 said:

113.8 MPH. Jesus Fisher.

I knew Straw was fast

But got damn
txag614
agproducer said:

The real question is: Are the Astros this good or does our division just suck as bad as the AL Central?

We went 4-2 against Boston & the Cubs with practically half our lineup being the RR Express..
agsquirrel97
AG
Went back and timed it. Straw was 9.68 seconds from crack of bat to stepping on home and he pulled up down the stretch since no throw was coming.

He has a spot on this roster doing that alone, wow.
mazag08
AG
Beat40 said:

I mean, these boys are just making decisions tough for management. What the hell do they realistically do if they want to call Alvarez up? And then Tucker?

We let those steaks season a little longer with the way these beef ribs are tasting.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
How do you keep these guys up with yordan and tucker destroying it in AAA?
Mayfield, thanks for nothing, white has got to go, Kemp and white trade for something? Anything?
Buck Compton
AG
agproducer said:

Seattle is already in the dog days of summer. I've never seen luck catch up with a team so quickly. Everyone knew they didn't have the pitching to keep it up, but I honestly didn't think it would turn THIS quickly.

They're bad bad. Oakland plays well against everyone but us. Texas can't pitch either, and LAA has more money picked up in Pujols than we do in 8 combined starters tonight.

We don't have the true bottom of anyone as bad as the bottom of the AL Central, but CLE is better than anyone in our division. We still at least play good teams well.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Ags #1 said:

With straw and fisher playing well who is the odd man out when we get healthy? Maybfield and Stubbs will go down but who else? I assume straw gets to stay up and fisher gets sent down?

Stubbs has to stay because you need at least two catchers.
mazag08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Mayfield, thanks for nothing, white has got to go, Kemp and white trade for something? Anything?

Throw in a top 3 organization arm and back up the dump truck of cash and you can likely get your 4th starter.
bearkatag15
AG
I don't think we can keep both Straw and Fish... I'm willing to bet Fish is dealt along with Kemp and/or White for a pitcher
Ags #1
AG
I guess I was assuming once Stasi is back
W
AG
I think Fisher goes down once Springer comes off the IL.

feels like Altuve is going to be out for a while...several more weeks.

Yordan will replace White.

and then Luhnow has a tough decision when Diaz is ready.

edit...actually Mayfield will go down.

so Luhnow has more time to decide what to do
Beat40
agproducer said:

I think we are really good, but probably not as good as being able to win this many with all of these replacements so consistently.

I will say we had a damn good record that first month playing no teams under .500, the pitching off to a bit of a rocky start, and the bats not firing at the same time.
mazag08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

CSWendt
This huge lead is really valuable because we get to rest Presley and Osuna. Back to back off nights for Osuna is nice
Mr President Elect
AG
Beat40 said:

It would be pretty funny if when Springer, Altuve and Correa come back; if our line-up consisted of Jake, Fisher, Straw, Tucker, and Alvarez.
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

agproducer said:

I think we are really good, but probably not as good as being able to win this many with all of these replacements so consistently.

I will say we had a damn good record that first month playing no teams under .500, the pitching off to a bit of a rocky start, and the bats not firing at the same time.

With this roster right now, the Astros have a good enough club to play .500 ball against average competition. With the soft schedule, I think they are doing better than expected.

I think when healthy, the Astros are the best in the league. I
kb2001
AG
This game makes me smile. The Astros lost the lead, got pissed off, and dropped 7 over the next 2 innings
Mr President Elect
AG
agproducer said:

We did go 4-2 vs the Cubs and RedSox with this team as well, so not just our division.
Beat40
agproducer said:

Beat40 said:

agproducer said:

With this roster right now, the Astros have a good enough roster to play .500 ball against average competition. With the soft schedule, I think they are doing better than expected.

I think when healthy, the Astros are the best in the league. I

I agree with you. I was thinking more of the when healthy team, but yes, even this roster could probably play .500 ball. That's just sick when half the line up consists of players just called up from AAA
fullback44
AG

Is this 2 nights in a row for Devo?
agproducer
AG
I think at this point, with the lead in the division, you rest Altuve as long as possible to make sure that surgically repaired knee is truly ok.
Buck Compton
AG
Guduan could get the win for blowing it if we pull it out.... Useless stat
First Page Last Page
Page 330 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.