***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,704 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Broba Fett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maca1028 said:

Broba Fett said:

Yoda said:

Broba Fett said:

Osuna sucks
Was that sarcasm? Had a streak of 25 straight saves converted and an ERA on the year of 0.81.

No, Ive always hated that guy. He was dog**** in the WS and Everytime I've tuned in he pitches like ass

Did I miss something? When did he pitch in the World Series?

He pitched the WS two years ago. Where were you?
Silent For Too Long
Pretty sure the Blue Jay's werent in the WS 2 years ago...

...just stop, homey. You made a bad knee jerk take on one of the best closers in the game right now.
Silent For Too Long
mwm said:

I fear we're in for a rough stretch. Hoping for .500 ball over the next 4-6 weeks.

Lolwut?
maca1028
Alex Bregman
AG
It was a Giles like outing by Osuna, but we still won. We really are spoiled now with Pressly and Osuna. Those dudes have been lock down thus far.
Philip J Fry
AG
Broba Fett said:

maca1028 said:

Broba Fett said:

Yoda said:

Broba Fett said:

Osuna sucks
Was that sarcasm? Had a streak of 25 straight saves converted and an ERA on the year of 0.81.

No, Ive always hated that guy. He was dog**** in the WS and Everytime I've tuned in he pitches like ass

Apparently watching the Astros unlike you.
Marvin
AG
Great win last night, if not exactly a great game. Still too many LOBsters (as the Boston fans say), and a down performance for the normally automatic Osuna. Red Sox helped out with some knuckleheaded plays so that was good- and fun to watch.

Hopefully the lineup can get to this Sox starter today and work that pen over. I expect Cora would let him suffer some damage just to get three or four innings. Here's to finding out!

Last thought- this team will be a monster if we can get Bregman, Yuli and Altuve hitting. Overall the team is one of the best offensively, yet it feels like there is so much more throttle left. Maybe I'm off there.
BMX Bandit
Broba Fett should retire this account & start fresh with a new one. No coming back from that blunder
monarch
S
Odd game the way it played out, but fun to watch in person...
Peace for Ukraine!
sts7049
AG
Broba Fett said:

maca1028 said:

Broba Fett said:

Yoda said:

Broba Fett said:

Osuna sucks

lol
McInnis
AG
Quote:

It was a Giles like outing by Osuna, but we still won.
Do you think that if Giles had put 3 base runners on with his first three pitches he could have recovered and gotten through the rest of the inning?
JABQ04
AG
Very odd time to make your first posts on this board.
bearkatag15
AG

Stubbs official
Mathguy64
AG
If you had Garrett Stubbs being called up before either Alvarez or Tucker, please take your ticket to pay window #3 to redeem your winnings.
Harry Dunne
Is Stubbs really 5'9" 150 lbs?!?

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=168083
Mathguy64
AG
Fangraphs says 5'10", 175 lbs
titanmaster_race
mathguy86 said:

Fangraphs says 5'10", 175 lbs

Someone get that man a sandwich
Prosperdick
AG

Not the biggest guy in the world but certainly more than 150...I wonder what Biggio weighed when we called him up.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/amp/Garrett-Stubbs-feeds-ambition-of-catching-for-13629053.php

Been power reading Stubbs stuff this morning. Good article here from February. Sounds like a good athlete but nothing to get too excited about. Can't be much worse than Stassi.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
How did Little Biggio do in his debut?
Mathguy64
AG
cpsencik04 said:

How did Little Biggio do in his debut?
0-3. 2 K's and a groundout is what I heard them say.
Harry Dunne
Prosperdick said:

Not the biggest guy in the world but certainly more than 150...I wonder what Biggio weighed when we called him up.

5'11 180 on his rookie card. Not too far off.
ChAg1799
AG
0-3 in a 19-4 loss
ChAg1799
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Prosperdick said:

5'11 180 on his rookie card. Not too far off.

Okay stop it....
Mathguy64
AG
Well, after their torrid start, Seattle is bad to reality. Dead Ass Last with a -43 run diff and a ML worst 321 runs allowed.

They opened 13-3 and then we played them. 10-28 since.
expresswrittenconsent
I felt like there was a 90% chance broba would come back and claim "WS" meant "woman smacking".
Buck Compton
AG
I think Osuna's struggles last night were more due to him seeing the Red Sox four times in the past week due to this stupid scheduling quirk.

Just like in a playoff series, closers lose their value due to a limited number of pitches in their arsenal. Batters adjust for your tendencies. Not worried about him. Thankfully we still won.

The fact we keep winning without two of our biggest bats should also be encouraging if they can get healthy for the playoffs. Now let's go get the sweep today!
Cromagnum
AG
Great game atmosphere at MMP last night. Very full and folks were very into the game. Loved that we booed Mookie Betts everytime he got up to bat and when he made a ****ty throw to 3rd and hit one of our runners in the thigh.
n_touch
What we did to Jansen and Kimbrel reflect this as well.
Mathguy64
AG
Interesting article on the cost of signing Keuchel or Kimbrel. Its a combination of draft pick and money and while the author didn't want t come right out and say it, it seems clear that teams have decided that cost is excessive.
JABQ04
AG
Cromagnum said:

Great game atmosphere at MMP last night. Very full and folks were very into the game. Loved that we booed Mookie Betts everytime he got up to bat and when he made a ****ty throw to 3rd and hit one of our runners in the thigh.

Did we boo? I must have sat in the Boson section and they were all saying "MooooooK". Seriously. A **** ton of Boston people were at the game last night.

I had a good conversation with a guy who flew in from Boston and is making he rounds of all ball parks. He was very complimentary of the team. I told him look forward o playing again for he ALCS. We both had the same mentality as long as is not the ****ing Yankees.
bearkatag15
AG

Diaz back at leadoff. Maybe fisher can do something positive
BurnHard Longer
Good chance for Fisher to be on second with Bregman up
bearkatag15
AG

Tuesday is Stubbs day
First Page Last Page
Page 268 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.