***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,028 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Let's hope our bats come alive for these upcoming games.
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
What channel?
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Well this is some cool news

Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Like I said a few weeks ago it's amazing how many sons of All Star Players Toronto has
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG

Holy crap this would be a ton to give up for MadBum.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bullard21k
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Holy crap this would be a ton to give up for MadBum.

They might not feel confident severino comes off 60 DL and is healthy.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I posted this before but I'm am not interested in madbum.

Maybe he's declined and I haven't noticed since I don't watch much west coast ball but his playoff history is love to have.

He's outperforming his expected numbers. He'll regress to the mean.

Madbum April 13 - 3.12 ERA, .675 OPS
Madbum May 23 - 4.10 ERA, .738 OPS

His xwOBA is still about .14 points higher than actual.

I would not be worried if NY traded for him. He's a solid 3-4 type now, not an ace.
Mathguy64
AG
That talk of MadBum or Keuchel got me looking. The Yankees have roughly $64MM tied up on the IL and $223MM total in salaries. Boston is at $236MM. By contrast we are at $158.5MM
Farmer1906
AG
mathguy86 said:

That talk of MadBum or Keuchel got me looking. The Yankees have roughly $64MM tied up on the IL and $223MM total in salaries. Boston is at $236MM. By contrast we are at $158.5MM
What what you're saying is we give JD Martinez, Josh Donaldson, & Jose Abreau each about 30 M next year?
Mathguy64
AG
Just shows how unlevel the playing field is.
n_touch
Funny part about this is that they are passing over Keuchel and giving up more than they need to since he is not in playing form and won't be ready for a while. The fact he has not fired his agent at this point shows he has no clear understanding of his value.
Mathguy64
AG
The Yankees can't just sign Keuchel. Their 40 man roster is maxed out. Boston is in the same boat. I guess they could move CC to the 60 day IL.
ChAg1799
AG
We could always seek a trade for Scherzer...

http://www.astrosfuture.com/2019/05/astros-trade-candidate-max-scherzer-no-really/
Deluxe
AG
ChAg1799 said:

http://www.astrosfuture.com/2019/05/astros-trade-candidate-max-scherzer-no-really/
Let's do that.
astros4545
AG
Deluxe said:

ChAg1799 said:

Let's do that.

I'll donate $10
redline248
AG
Trying to be too precise on the edges?

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
Tighter strike zone along with being worried to take up to much of the plate. 3 starts in, Im ok with the job that he has done.
redline248
AG
Yeah, I don't think it's time to hit the eject button, yet
bearkatag15
AG
ChAg1799 said:

Quote:

Scherzer's contract isn't even close to coming off the books for the Nats. Scherzer, even after his contract "expires" after 2021, is still owed $105M of his contract in deferred money to be paid from 2022 through 2028, meaning the Nationals will be paying Scherzer $15M a year until he's 44 years old, long after he dons the red and white for the last time.
What a stupid contract.
Deluxe
AG
It's wild to think about what it must be like to be a rookie pitcher on a team like the Astros.

You go from playing in general obscurity to playing in a huge stadium with millions watching on tv. You see guys like JV, Bregman and Brantley when you walk into the locker room and feel the immediate pressure of not wanting to let them down.

Then you go out and have to make pitches. Even worse, you have to make pitches and get guys out even when you don't feel like you have your best stuff. Every guy in the opposing lineup is better than almost every guy you've faced in the minors and it's difficult to just "go after them" when you have doubt in your mind. So you try to get too precise, walk a few guys and then things start to move very quickly.

One thing Hinch harps on periodically (he did with Martes too) is not letting a prior bad pitch effect the next pitch. Martin probably needs a little work in that area.
redline248
AG
Fixing the mechanical quirks left over from Rob is easier than the mental/emotional ones
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/jose-urquidy-takes-a-giant-step-forward/

Good write up on the newly promoted AAA starting pitcher, Jose Urquidy. Could see him called up at some point this year

Quote:

A 24-year-old Mexican righty signed in 2015, Urquidy was once known as solely a great pitchability guy before having Tommy John surgery in 2016. When he returned in 2018, he had a four-pitch mix and a fastball hovering between 89-92 mph and touching 93.

Four outings into the 2019 season, Urquidy was touching 97 mph. Recipients of Tommy John surgery often experience some sort of velocity increase upon their return, but not to the level Urquidy had demonstrated.

He struck out 40 and walked five in 33 Double-A innings before being promoted. Speaking in mid-May after Martin made his big league debut, general manager Jeff Luhnow lumped Urquidy along with the aforementioned names as candidates for the next promotion.
astros4545
AG
HvilleAggie
AG
the future is BRIGHT!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
HvilleAggie said:

the future is BRIGHT!

So bright you gotta wear shades

Mr.Ackar07
BCSWguru
What is the best bang for your buck parking lot for a Saturday night game?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Confidence got too high on the thread so you had to keep it real
Mr.Ackar07
LSCSN said:

What is the best bang for your buck parking lot for a Saturday night game?
Street park and pay $1.25/hr until 6pm. Then it is free. Just don't park before 3pm as there is a 3 hour limit to paid parking. No time limit during free parking.
Mr.Ackar07
I like to be even-keeled when it comes to my Astros. I tend to be overly optimistic when it comes to Aggie baseball though.
Mr.Ackar07
Just wanted to brag: I married the girl I first met at the Minute Maid Park World Series Game 7 Watch Party 2 weeks ago!
YellAg2004
AG
Congrats! Now Rule 1
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Just wanted to brag: I married the girl I first met at the Minute Maid Park World Series Game 7 Watch Party 2 weeks ago!
Hope you gave her the ol' Bregman O face.

First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.