***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

1,407,377 Views | 30495 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by redline248
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Jake a little too aggressive on those pitches

And then K looking on an obvious strike. Terrible
Yep, he had the hit earlier, but has had a rough night at the plate. Not seeing the ball well here. But his speed is huge to have there in CF at Fenway.
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess you don't want to give them any life, but not sure why Hinch is using Osuna here and giving them a look at him again before tomorrow. He pitched last night.
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Toughness, Effort, Discipline, Pride, Grit
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surprised to see Osuna out there in a non-save

Couldn't they roll with Harris or even McHugh ?
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buck Compton said:

I guess you don't want to give them any life, but not sure why Hinch is using Osuna here and giving them a look at him again before tomorrow. He pitched last night.


Hinch most likely won't use him tomorrow. He hasn't used a guy more than two days in a row this year. Think Hinch just values wanting to get the series win.

Plus, Peacock going tomorrow, so probably wants to keep some arms in the BP that might have to go a little longer.

Plus, he'll just bring Pressly in to save it if there an opportunity.
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Toughness, Effort, Discipline, Pride, Grit
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Toughness, Effort, Discipline, Pride, Grit
Just an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strange move but I guess hinch didn't want any chance of blowing this game. Series win. 10 and counting.
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anybody have the dancing Mexicans?
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Does anybody have the dancing Mexicans?


Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

Buck Compton said:

I guess you don't want to give them any life, but not sure why Hinch is using Osuna here and giving them a look at him again before tomorrow. He pitched last night.


Hinch most likely won't use him tomorrow. He hasn't used a guy more than two days in a row this year. Think Hinch just values wanting to get the series win.

Plus, Peacock going tomorrow, so probably wants to keep some arms in the BP that might have to go a little longer.

Plus, he'll just bring Pressly in to save it if there an opportunity.
That's probably true.

Good series win no doubt. I'm greedy though and like setting us up to sweep. Definitely agree with keeping McHugh out there for tomorrow if Peacock struggles early.
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow - this stat

Only 2 teams with 2-10 game win streaks by May 18
1955 Brooklyn Dodgers
2019 Houston Astros
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't broken this out yet this season. It's time.

Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want the sweep too!
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great win tonight. Sweep these chumps tomorrow.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Furlock Bones said:

Harry Dunne said:

Seems to have gotten better & smarter as he has slowed down a little bit Sometimes to much speed out of control is not a good thing.


I know you follow White closely. What I can't figure out is why he changed his routine at the plate. Last year was his best year ever and his routine at the plate was to do a sort of wrist swing a couple of time before each pitch. Now he just steps in and rests his bat. I've never seen a player make a change like that after a good season.
That's a good observation. I'm just guessing, but he's been scuffling so badly he's probably trying anything to break out of the slump.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So this happened tonight in AAA...



Wonder if they know they were traded for each other?
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that good?

mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take. It. Back.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tomorrow's game vs. Sale feels like playing with house money for the 'stros.

the series has been won. We'll see how Hinch uses the bullpen.

the next series starts on Monday vs. the White Sox...a 4-game series...no off day...then potentially Sale again on Friday at MMP
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're living in the best timeline, enjoy it fellas.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

tomorrow's game vs. Sale feels like playing with house money for the 'stros.

the series has been won. We'll see how Hinch uses the bullpen.

the next series starts on Monday vs. the White Sox...a 4-game series...no off day...then potentially Sale again on Friday at MMP


Put your life savings on Boston to win tomorrow. Definition of a let down game for Houston.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I hear that correct in that we haven't won a game in which we haven't homered?

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Did I hear that correct in that we haven't won a game in which we haven't homered?

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.


That's insane of true.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For a little AL west update. The mariners have given up 12 runs through 4 innings to the Twins.
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Ag_07 said:

Did I hear that correct in that we haven't won a game in which we haven't homered?

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.


That's insane of true.
Just looked on baseball reference and confirmed that it was true. To be fair, that's only 7 games so far this year. 0-7 in those games, but 31-8 when we do homer.
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just curious, but how does the mlb determine schedules? i looked back and noticed the rangers have had homefield advantage 4 of the last 5 years vs the stros. doesnt seem fair
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't understand the schedule-making either. The Astros won't play a game against the Angels in America until July 5th.

but will have played the Rangers 10 times and the Mariners 10 times before then. Also Oakland 8 times
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And 2 series vs Boston in a week's time.
Bobcat-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They were waiting for Ohtani to come back.
Bobcat-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Alvarez got a hit.
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Haven't broken this out yet this season. It's time.



That's my ringtone.
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When the announcers were talking about the Keuchel/Kimbrel situation last night one of them said that the compensation pick the team gives up by signing one of them would be different depending on the team. He said for example that for one team it might be the second pick, for another it might be the fourth. Of course his premise was that they would both be signed after the draft so there would be no loss of a pick.

How does this work?
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

I don't understand the schedule-making either. The Astros won't play a game against the Angels in America until July 5th.

but will have played the Rangers 10 times and the Mariners 10 times before then. Also Oakland 8 times
Makes no sense.
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Safe at Home said:

When the announcers were talking about the Keuchel/Kimbrel situation last night one of them said that the compensation pick the team gives up by signing one of them would be different depending on the team. He said for example that for one team it might be the second pick, for another it might be the fourth. Of course his premise was that they would both be signed after the draft so there would be no loss of a pick.

How does this work?


I heard that. My guess is for every team it's their fourth pick so if they have two first round picks and two second round, because of previous trades, then they would give up their fourth pick which would happen to be second round.

They weren't talking about second pick or third pick in their discussion they were talking about rounds.

By the way I was watching the the game in the background after a crawfish boil so the beer may have had me misunderstand it
Page 231 of 872
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.