***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,115 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

The more I thought about it, I'm sort of kind of getting glad we didn't win last night because of the whining that they have been doing all day long about a play that ultimately didn't affect the game, and God knows if we had one last night they would've been *****ing all day that it wasn't a legitimate win. Because apparently only now has there been bad calls in baseball never before. Poor little nationals. Getting screwed out of their World Series

Just like the other night with the missed strike. Bunch of ****ing whiners. Don't give me wrong I'd rather already be the World Series champions but let's just go out and shove it in their faces tonight.

Plus we get one more game for the year. Go Astros! #takeitback

Does not compute.
annie88
AG
aTm2004 said:

annie88 said:

The more I thought about it, I'm sort of kind of getting glad we didn't win last night because of the whining that they have been doing all day long about a play that ultimately didn't affect the game, and God knows if we had one last night they would've been *****ing all day that it wasn't a legitimate win. Because apparently only now has there been bad calls in baseball never before. Poor little nationals. Getting screwed out of their World Series

Just like the other night with the missed strike. Bunch of ****ing whiners. Don't give me wrong I'd rather already be the World Series champions but let's just go out and shove it in their faces tonight.

Have you heard the media or Astros cry about Reddick's catcher's interference? Nope, and I'd say that had a direct impact to the outcome of the game.

Exactly!!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
After I lost it on the thread during the blowout in game 2 (my apologies), I decided to self-ban myself for a game. Then they won game 3, so I decided to keep it up until they lost. I now break my vow of silence to say that I really hope the Astros can pull a miracle tonight. I need something uplifting.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

the whining that they have been doing all day long about a play that ultimately didn't affect the game,
I've given it a lot of thought today and decided, you know what? **** 'em.
Ag12thman
AG

CoachRTM
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hinch once again agrees with the self-proclaimed baseball know it all(me) on the thread.

I mean, pretty much every neutral party agrees. At worst he did the equivalent of rolling through a stop sign.... or going 56 in a 55. (Choose whatever metaphor you want)

Technically it's illegal, but everyone does it and he was unlucky he knocked off Gurriel's glove.

Oh well. Tonight is going to be what makes all the memories.
Satellite of Love
jja79 said:

Satellite of Love said:

I still like my buddy's comment about the back spasms. Back spasms = fake injury to avoid play. This coming from a college pitcher. Plus with all the talk about Scherzer being done for the season, if he plays game 7 then we know they saved him for the end.

I'm going with the 3 time Cy Young winner over your college buddy. You don't skip him in Washington with the chance to throw him out of the pen in game 7.
I'd to point out my follow up that he is starting game 7 was correct.. Game 5 was scrapped for the Nats. They knew to save their 2 gems for back in Houston. Plus them closing off the media prior to game 6 was key to preserving their story.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
annie88
AG
Does not compute.

It absolutely does if you read it in context with the rest of my message.
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hinch once again agrees with the self-proclaimed baseball know it all(me) on the thread.
Hinch is a trained psychologist and is mind ****ing you and the Nats.
Teddy Perkins
AG
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Love that we are putting in the inferior hitter, defender, and base runner in RF with the WS title on the line

Positive vibes to JFR tonight
annie88
AG
Cromagnum
AG
annie88 said:

Does not compute.

I'd rather take the sure win and listen to the *****ing than risk it today (and still hear the *****ing anyways)
maca1028
Last night just wasn't the night. My wife and I were in the hill country, I enjoy being up there but there was absolutely nothing open in town. We resorted to a 32' tv with horrible sound in the cabin.
Back home tonight with my recliner and 60'. LET'S TAKE IT BACK!!
wangus12
AG
Bring a live Chicken

EastCoastAgNc
AG
wangus12 said:

Bring a live Chicken

TASAG18
AG
Please Astros, don't give up any homers tonight. I may throw my TV out the window if I see the Nats do that god awful celebration in the dugout again.
TASAG18
AG
mwm
BEAT THE GNATS!!!!
Flexbone
lda6339 said:

annie88 said:

I'm saving this in case the Stros lose on some BS tonight. Will be the perfect pasta!
I find your entire act here incredibly strange. A "Cardinals fan" hanging out here openly hoping the Astros lose the world series and generalizing "Astros fans" when they're on an A&M message board is incredibly weird.
dshedd41
S
In the last three games of the ALCS, I wore my "Bleacher Blums" shirt (without washing) and the Astros won those three games. I didn't wear my shirt during the WS and they lost, so now, in Game 7 I'm wearing my shirt to give the boys the good luck charm.
Gig’em Aggies!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

I'm sort of kind of getting glad we didn't win last night
Srry. cannot abide.

A bird in the hand...
Agreed. I would have loved to experience a World Series clincher while I was at the stadium yesterday. Also, my mattress would've appreciated a win too.
the last of the bohemians
'Hey bartender, Jobu needs a refill'

The weather turned this afternoon, that is all.
Shenaniganz
Memphis 7 said:

How many runs does it take to win this game?

Bout tree fiddy

Seriously I want as many runs as possible. At least 2 per inning
annie88
AG
Cromagnum said:

annie88 said:

Does not compute.

I'd rather take the sure win and listen to the *****ing than risk it today (and still hear the *****ing anyways)

And I said I would've rather won it out right. But since we didn't I don't wanna hear their *****ing about it.
annie88
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

I'm sort of kind of getting glad we didn't win last night
Srry. cannot abide.

A bird in the hand...
Agreed. I would have loved to experience a World Series clincher while I was at the stadium yesterday. Also, my mattress would've appreciated a win too.

I said I would've rather won it out right but since we didn't...
wangus12
AG
Well my soccer team lost. I'll gladly take the trade of the Astros winning tonight
Big Al 1992
AG
Said it before - go read the very first post on this thread started by Mazag. If someone had replied that they saw the future and saw us in game 7 of the WS every freaking one of us would have taken that in a heartbeat. Here we are. Game 7! Let's Go!! Take It Back!!!
TexasRebel
AG
TASAG18 said:

Please Astros, don't give up any homers tonight. I may throw my TV out the window if I see the Nats do that god awful celebration in the dugout again.

You mean that Russian dance thing?
AgsMyDude
AG
mathguy86 said:

I cannot imagine having a $11.6MM loss/$19.3MM win riding on one game in any sport. That's nuts. I would be throwing up all game long.

I might throw up from nerves and have $0 on it.
bearkatag15
AG
Suzuki being scratched looks like it could be a pretty big deal.

With Gomes as Scherzer's catcher
4.08 ERA, Opp. OPS .713

With Suzuki at catcher
2.08 ERA, Opp. OPS .578
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Diggity
AG
how many starts are we talking about?
bearkatag15
AG
12 with Gomes
16 with Suzuki
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
titanmaster_race
Scherzer loves pitching to Suzuki, doesn't do nearly as well with Gomes. We caught a break tonight already.

Scherzer ERA this season with Suzuki: 2.08
Scherzer ERA this season with Gomes: 4.09

Edit: dang, didn't see that bearkat already beat me to the punch.
W
AG
the 'stros need the bottom of the order to come through tonight.

one mild concern...Reddick did not play in games 4 & 5. The 'stros best offensive games of the series by far.

Hinch will have to have the pinch hitters ready to go. And the 5th or 6th inning is not too early to pinch hit in a critical RISP situation
First Page Last Page
Page 2049 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.