***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,447 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
astros4545 said:

Macarthur said:

astros4545 said:

annie88 said:

I still think what he actually did was overblown and the female reporters, Chronicle and ESPN pretty much lied to push their liberal metoo bull*****

However, the scrutiny and embarrassment of this guy caused the Astros this week is deserving of being fired on its own.

The Astros would've been better served if their initial statement was they had heard about an incident that happened Saturday night, they were investigating and they would make a statement once they had investigated the situation in stead of making an initial comment and then his bull**** apology making it worse.

So let's move on. The team is what matters.

Oh and **** the media.

YOu seriously blue diamond-ing this post?

Being an adult, yes I am

Unless you have a problem supporting women such as annie88
So, the fact that the team did a 180 and agreed that what was reported was what actually happened makes no diff?

Annie, you said they 'pretty much lied'. There were multiple witnesses to this....Are you telling me you think the reporter lied?
Doug Ross
AG
**** that guy. Glad Houston did the right thing and fired him
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
And apparently he was such a gigantic dewsh bag, a houston staffer had to apologize for him right after...

I'm confused....is this some sort of anti-media/fakenews delirium?
MAROON
AG
I think this was an internal thing between the Astros front office and Alyson Footer. Sounds like she has been pretty consistent in her criticism of the Astros front office guys about the Osuna deal and it sounds like a drunk staffer blurted out "I love Osuna" in front of her because they (he) were fed up with her.

I think the part that many consider BS is that the women were "frightened" by his comments. That part to me is BS. No chance they were frightened, but it sure makes for a good story.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ag_07
AG
For the first time ever a pron blast sounds like a damn good idea.

A) A ban from this place may not be so bad

B) We need something else to talk about
astros4545
AG
Saying something passive aggressively directed at someone does not constitute a story from a news reporter who is supposed to report news not make news

It should not be a fireable offense

Lying to your boss is a fireable offense
agchugger
AG
Maroon, I heard it reported that Alyson left the locker room visibly upset. So maybe frightened was not the right word, but she definitely was impacted by what Taubman said to her.
astros4545
AG
Macarthur said:

And apparently he was such a gigantic dewsh bag, a houston staffer had to apologize for him right after...

I'm confused....is this some sort of anti-media/fakenews delirium?

In that case

Allow me to apologize for you
dermdoc
AG
Back in the day, you get likkered up, act bad, and you get fired. And that was the end of it.

No drama or politics.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Post removed:
by user
MAROON
AG
agchugger said:

Maroon, I heard it reported that Alyson left the locker room visibly upset. So maybe frightened was not the right word, but she definitely was impacted by what Taubman said to her.
it's pretty much human nature to not want to be talked to in a negative manner. Also it could be she sort of feels like she is part of the team in a way and getting slammed by an insider in such a public situation and during a celebration was not what she was expecting. Or it could be that she is good at dishing out criticism but not so good at taking it.

Or it's a mix and mash of all those potential scenarios.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I was in a meeting all day and excited to catch up on this thread. Went back and saw 3 pages of zero baseball talk. We are in the MF'in World Series, boys. Let's talk some damn baseball.
Macarthur
third coast.. said:

agchugger said:

Boo fuggin hoo

So you think he should keep his job?
bullard21k
AG
I'm still not clear.

There was a case...and then it got dropped.

So was there domestic abuse or is it a theory and no one really knows?

Legit asking as i don't recall timeline of events last year
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So I personally believe that we win 2 of the next 3. If we take it to game 7, we win this bltch.
Ags #1
AG
Start alvarez or reddick?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

The guys career is over, if it's not true he should take aggressive legal action against the Comical, ESPN and the Astros. My guess is he was **** hammered and doesn't really have a clear recollection.

I'm guessing the ivy leaguer with the math lite degree will land on his feet.
Places that hire ivy leaguers usually stay far away from anyone with a public #metoo type organization. He will probably have to have a contracting relationship through a third party or work for a start up.
annie88
AG
Macarthur said:

astros4545 said:

Macarthur said:

astros4545 said:

annie88 said:

I still think what he actually did was overblown and the female reporters, Chronicle and ESPN pretty much lied to push their liberal metoo bull*****

However, the scrutiny and embarrassment of this guy caused the Astros this week is deserving of being fired on its own.

The Astros would've been better served if their initial statement was they had heard about an incident that happened Saturday night, they were investigating and they would make a statement once they had investigated the situation in stead of making an initial comment and then his bull**** apology making it worse.

Oh and **** the media.

Being an adult, yes I am

So, the fact that the team did a 180 and agreed that what was reported was what actually happened makes no diff?

Annie, you said they 'pretty much lied'. There were multiple witnesses to this....Are you telling me you think the reporter lied?
I think the media, specifically the female reporters made more out of it than necessary. Instead of just blowing this guy off as a drunk jerk, she made a federal case of it due to her dislike of the Osuna acquisition, went whining to the media and then claimed to be "shaken" over a stupid incident.

And if she was, makes her a pretty weak person IMPO. These women reporters want to play with the big boys, but get offended at anything and everything and then play the poor victim female card and also anything that will push the metoo agenda. ESPN and MSM and the Chronicle will jump at any story that deals with this topic.

I'm female. I know what my sex is capable of.

Now apparently we've found out he was drunk and doesn't remember well? (If I'm understanding that)

Had these wome reporters not been there would he have said it? Was it truly yelled with the specific intent that this female reporter claimed it was or did she turn the incident, lie, to fit her clearly ongoing agenda. Most likely this is not her first interaction with this particular guy.

Regarding these people that witnessed it, would they have reported it as well or would they not of cared if the females weren't there. Or even if the females were there and they didn't say anything would they have reported it. We'll never know. That's why I said they basically lied because will never know if this was truly exactly the way it went down or she's getting her revenge on a guy she doesn't like for a decision she didn't like the Astros made.

It's also possible that this guy has been lying from the beginning, doesn't remember it being drunk and also lied to his employer about what really happened.

Regardless this is just a microcosm of today's world especially with these younger and sometimes female reporters. Everybody wants to be a victim nowadays, everybody wants to push a political point these days. 5-10 years ago even if he had said it in the intent they claim he did no one would've given a ***** He would been written off as an *******, she could've reported it to the Astros management if she was upset but she chose to make a federal ****ing case out of it.

So yeah, I believe they've stretched this and lied about portions.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BD88
AG
annie88 said:

Macarthur said:

astros4545 said:

Macarthur said:

astros4545 said:

annie88 said:

Oh and **** the media.

Being an adult, yes I am

I think the media, specifically the female reporters made more out of it than necessary. Instead of just blowing this guy off as a drunk jerk, she made a federal case of it due to her dislike of the Osuna acquisition, went whining to the media and then claimed to be "shaken" over a stupid incident.

And if she was, makes her a pretty weak person IMPO. These women reporters want to play with the big boys, but get offended at anything and everything and then play the poor victim female card and also anything that will push the metoo agenda. ESPN and MSM and the Chronicle will jump at any story that deals with this topic.

I'm female. I know what my sex is capable of.

Now apparently we've found out he was drunk and doesn't remember well? (If I'm understanding that)

Had these wome reporters not been there would he have said it? Was it truly yelled with the specific intent that this female reporter claimed it was or did she turn the incident, lie, to fit her clearly ongoing agenda. Most likely this is not her first interaction with this particular guy.

Regarding these people that witnessed it, would they have reported it as well or would they not of cared if the females weren't there. Or even if the females were there and they didn't say anything would they have reported it. We'll never know. That's why I said they basically lied because will never know if this was truly exactly the way it went down or she's getting her revenge on a guy she doesn't like for her decision she didn't like the Astros made.

It's also possible that this guy has been lying from the beginning, doesn't remember it being drunk and also lied to his employer about what really happened.

Regardless this is just a microcosm of today's world especially with these younger and sometimes female reporters. Everybody wants to be a victim nowadays, everybody wants to push a political point these days. 5-10 years ago even if he had said it in the intent they claim he did no one would've given a ***** He would been written off as an *******, she could've reported it to the Astros management if she was upset but she chose to make a federal ****ing case out of it.

So yeah, I believe they've stretched this and lied about portions.
#SwanSongSZN
annie88
AG
third coast.. said:

agchugger said:

Boo fuggin hoo
This. Shows her weak character and inability to handle things maturely. She could've easily gone to the Astros management the next day and told them what happened. She chose to make a federal case out of it.

Even when I was in my 20s an incident like this would've never shaken me. Even If I felt he was directly challenging me, I'd probably have probably flip the guy off called him an ******* and moved on. In today's world they get offended if somebody blinks at them wrong.

Welcome to everybody gets to be a victim today. I actually have less respect for her than I do for him and he sounds like a chode. I don't like whiners and "adults" that can't handle adversity. She's now had her 15 minutes in the sun and the media attention and probably hopes that this will lead to getting her more offers. This is a calculated move not only to fit her agenda but to help herself.

As I said above as for him being fired the embarrassment he is brought on to the Astros and his inappropriate behavior the other night regardless of what he said he brought it on himself. I don't feel sorry for him either.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
n_touch
If it is Footer will she ask to cover something else now since the Astros are such a toxic environment?
Ag_07
AG
Footer is insufferable

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was her.
TexasRebel
AG
Soccer, maybe?
Post removed:
by user
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
expresswrittenconsent
SoupNazi2001 said:

We live in such a triggered, CYA world where people are afraid of the social media mob who don't actually attend the games. I have no doubt that the guy is probably a jerk, many people in power are, but before social media nothing he did would be a fire able offense.

Except nothing about this is a product of the social media era.
The idea that you dont pick battles with people who buy their ink by the barrell goes back decades.
This is a story of a guy being an ass to a media member, then when the story broke he lied to his bosses and they defended him, only to have the story confirmed by multiple witnesses. Making your boss look the fool is a firing offense in 1950, 1970, 1990, or 2020.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
n_touch
Just out of curiosity why is everyone saying he's a jerk? He lashed out and for what reason we don't know. Hasn't the on reporter in question been after everyone since the Osuna trade? What if the question was along the lines of "Osuna is a wife beater and almost cost you todays game and chance at the World Series? Are you still glad he's here?" Im not saying what he did was right, but what led up to it? Did he have an issue already with other women?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1818 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.