***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,371 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
979ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In small parks, I like having the speed guys closer together. Having Yuli and Yordan on base at the same time with Correa up could be a bad case of constipation.

Maybe I'm thinking of rare, worst case, scenarios, but I would rather have all the fast guys on base with the slow guys able to drive them in or drive it out of the park. Taking an extra base on a gapper in the little league park could be the difference in the series.
Buck Compton
AG
Just to close the loop on the Game 2 Winner stat. I went and looked it up the more relevant stat (since someone was complaining).

Home team has lost game 1 exactly 16 times since 1985. They went on to win the second game 9 of the 16 times.

So of the 9 times our exact situation has happened in the ALCS.... The team with HFA that lost game 1 and won Game 2 has won the series EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Let's keep this trend going.
bobinator
AG
Okay but what about if game 3 was a day game and game 4 gets rained out and pushed back a day? how does that affect the numbers?
BMX Bandit
Makes sense

Ag_07
AG
Good point but Yuli and Yordan get around the bases pretty well. They aren't Big Papi thundering around the base paths.

Plus Correa isn't a slap hitter who's gonna be driving guys in with bloops and singles. If he's driving guys in it's gonna be with XBHs and HRs. In which case Yuli and Yordan will be alright.

I think it sets up just fine.
crowman2010
AG
bobinator said:

Okay but what about if game 3 was a day game and game 4 gets rained out and pushed back a day? how does that affect the numbers?
Irrelevant...
jetch17
AG
Sh*t I want Yordan to break back out in the worst way ... hoping for some Bronx bombs - BREAK THE FUNK!
wangus12
AG
jetch17 said:

Sh*t I want Yordan to break back out in the worst way ... hoping for some Bronx bombs - BREAK THE FUNK!
Amen
Beat40
bobinator said:

He also has to take into account me wearing my hat backwards.
Cromagnum
AG
Good stuff

AggiEE
BMX Bandit said:

Makes sense

Why do you guys think he didn't move Correa up?
Give protection to Alvarez?
Bassmaster
AG
Yuli is built like he would be slow, but he is not.
aTm2004
AG
To drive in runs and then be stranded on base by the 8 & 9 hitters.
Ag_07
AG
Apparently Stanton isn't any better or worse than he was earlier in the week. So I guess that's good news. They say he's available to PH but seems like if he was they'd have certainly used him at some point in GM 2.

Really surprised they haven't pulled the plug on him and subbed him out for a BP arm or even a bat like Voigt.
Farmer1906
AG
CC has trouble his heat. Sev throws it well.
ontheedge
Ag_07 said:

Apparently Stanton isn't any better or worse than he was earlier in the week. So I guess that's good news. They say he's available to PH but seems like if he was they'd have certainly used him at some point in GM 2.

Really surprised they haven't pulled the plug on him and subbed him out for a BP arm or even a bat like Voigt.
He has said repeatedly that he's not going to mess with what is working. I like Hinch being Hinch and leaving it alone as long we aren't having a complete train wreck.
crowman2010
AG
AggiEE said:

BMX Bandit said:

Makes sense

Why do you guys think he didn't move Correa up?
Give protection to Alvarez?
And to not have three RHB in a row in the middle of the lineup with back to back lefties
gigemJTH12
AG
Boone better not try and run CC out there against us for any significant amount of time. We will mash him.
Ag_07
AG
He looked awful didn't he?

Both physically and his stuff looked really bad.
gigemJTH12
AG
he got so lucky to jam him.

I think Brantley got jammed because he was thinking take all the way and changed his mind last second.

those first 3 pitches were terrible. and the 4th one should have been a walk.
PhatMack19
AG
crowman2010
AG
Ag_07 said:

He looked awful didn't he?

Both physically and his stuff looked really bad.
Yep...he's slowly turning into a fatter Forest Whitaker

CC 1998:

CC now:

Forest:
Frok
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think I heard that they have to carry him on the roster through the ALCS if they want him on the World Series roster.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah you're right. I forgot about that.

You can switch out for an injured payer but if you do then that player is ineligible the rest of the playoffs.

I remember that now form the Correa injury discussions.
FrioAg 00
AG
Buck Compton said:

Just to close the loop on the Game 2 Winner stat. I went and looked it up the more relevant stat (since someone was complaining).

Home team has lost game 1 exactly 16 times since 1985. They went on to win the second game 9 of the 16 times.

So of the 9 times our exact situation has happened in the ALCS.... The team with HFA that lost game 1 and won Game 2 has won the series EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Let's keep this trend going.

Thank you. Better representation of the numbers.

Now, call me a "complainer" again and I'll bust out a z-score to tell you how wide the confidence interval is on that small of a sample size (9), or how likely it is that your analysis is not useful.

JDUB08AG
AG
These obscure stats remind me of Wally Holland from Little Big League
Teddy Perkins
AG
SIAP but worthy of a re-post if it has.

Charlie Conway
Ag_07 said:

Yeah you're right. I forgot about that.

You can switch out for an injured payer but if you do then that player is ineligible the rest of the playoffs.

I remember that now form the Correa injury discussions.
not to nit pick but they are only ineligible for the next series, so someone could go out in the DS, miss the CS and then be back for the WS if necessary
gigemJTH12
AG
Man...looks like there is no chance we play tomorrow. 1.81 projected inches of rain. And all in the afternoon.

I wonder if they would move the game up to noon.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Please let the Cuban missile dry spell end today.
AgDoc03
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Philip J Fry said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I will be on a fkn plane for the entire game today and for the entire game Thursday. I'm sick over it.

You can purchase WiFi you know.

I've been down that road far too many times. Plane Wi-Fi is spotty at best.
I watched all of Saturdays game on a southwest plane this past weekend flying back to hobby. 90% of the people on the plane had the game.

Streaming worked excellent (southwest provides free tv on flights now)
That's because Saturday's game was on Fox. Southwest TV doesn't carry FS1, found that out the hard way Sunday night.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aTm2004
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

OK, Eddie. That's enough fastballs. Throw him some breaking balls.

But how I hope he's on his way out of his slump.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cromagnum said:

Good stuff

At this point we have to agree Biggio is some sort of enhanced human species, right? Guy never ages. Up there with Paul Rudd and rob Lowe
Frok
AG
aTm2004 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

OK, Eddie. That's enough fastballs. Throw him some breaking balls.

But how I hope he's on his way out of his slump.

Alvarez needs to stop depending on Jobu and just do it himself.
n_touch

First Page Last Page
Page 1456 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.