***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,730,441 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by PSully97
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figures lie and liars figure
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is insane. *starts drinking at noon*
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My stomach is already in knots
TREX01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center
The answer to that is Jake has been horrible forever so....
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

My stomach is already in knots


Mine is just fine unless Cole comes out sloppy.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?

Giving them an auto-out in the lineup and not having a stud glove to sub in the late innings.
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bregxit said:

Ag_07 said:

My stomach is already in knots


Mine is just fine unless Cole comes out sloppy.


Mine is in knots as well, only because I'm not sure what offense we're going to get. 2 runs in the first would go along way to quell the knots.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a must win for my sanity considering who the ags and Texans have this weekend
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Ceiling. While it may be small, Josh has a better shot at producing.

In general Jake has had trouble hitting the faster four-seamers. Glasnow would eat his lunch.

Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Offense.....

Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we put that ball boy stool in the dugout while we bat?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start Straw and have him drag bunt every at-bat. Guy can get to second on an infield hit.
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?

Giving them an auto-out in the lineup and not having a stud glove to sub in the late innings.
Our RF position is 0-13 with 2 walks in 15 PA, so it's pretty much an auto-out. The late inning stud glove sub comment makes no sense at all, the stud glove would be in the entire game. With that being said, I am not sure who I want to see in that spot.

I guess my preference order is 1. Tucker, 2. Diaz, 3. Jake, 4.Straw, 5. Grienke, 6. Reddick
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't forget this hero.

aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Ceiling. While it may be small, Josh has a better shot at producing.

In general Jake has had trouble hitting the faster four-seamers. Glasnow would eat his lunch.


Very small...Reddick is 0-fer I believe. Glasnow will probably only face Jake once.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Start Straw and have him drag bunt every at-bat. Guy can get to second on an infield hit.
Probably a better option than Reddick hitting, plus Straw in the OF would be alright.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
willjohnathan said:

Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?

Giving them an auto-out in the lineup and not having a stud glove to sub in the late innings.
Our RF position is 0-13 with 2 walks in 15 PA, so it's pretty much an auto-out. The late inning stud glove sub comment makes no sense at all, the stud glove would be in the entire game. With that being said, I am not sure who I want to see in that spot.

I guess my preference order is 1. Tucker, 2. Diaz, 3. Jake, 4.Straw, 5. Grienke, 6. Reddick


The Astros have won every single playoff game Tucker has played
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.


We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Reddick is also 2-2 on Glasnow
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've just got one thing to say: Time to kick buttocks, boys.
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Farmer1906 said:

aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Ceiling. While it may be small, Josh has a better shot at producing.

In general Jake has had trouble hitting the faster four-seamers. Glasnow would eat his lunch.


Very small...Reddick is 0-fer I believe. Glasnow will probably only face Jake once.
Josh has had 1 game vs Tyler. He went 2-3. He's got the second-highest wOBA & highest xwOBA vs Tyler. We're only talking about 2 to 11 PA during the regular season.
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Reddick is also 2-2 on Glasnow
He struck out in his first AB of the postseason against him, so not true. He did get his one walk against him though so he has that going for him.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.


We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'
Damn straight skippy.

I have a job - post rally tits. You have a job - beat the dog**** out of any idiot in your area.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClickClack said:

Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
100% Straw. Speed kills. He's got elite elite speed.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.


We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'
Damn straight skippy.

I have a job - post rally tits. You have a job - beat the dog**** out of any idiot in your area.


On it.
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?request=1&submitter=1&pitcher=glasnty01&min_year_game=2016&max_year_game=2019&post=1&opp_id=HOU&bats=any&c1gtlt=gt&c2gtlt=gt&orderby=batting_avg&orderby_dir=desc&orderby_second=Name&orderby_dir_second=asc

if it were up to me the top of the lineup should go springer reddick correa tonight
https://ts.la/eric59704
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Top load the top of the order?
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.


We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'


Talmbout.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True but Jake has been an auto-out all season while the others (George and Mike) are just slumping.

And as for the defensive replacement...If Jake is in there already and you want to PH hit him late then you lose his glove. If he's on the bench you can PH anyone and shuffle him in tot he OF for his glove.

Simply put...It's a win or go home playoff game. You really want Jake Marisnick in the lineup getting 4+ ABs?
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
100% Straw. Speed kills. He's got elite elite speed.

Straw is faster, but I think Marisnick is the better baserunner. With two outs and only a decision to go full throttle? Yeah, I'd go with Straw. If it requires instinct and a quick *correct* decision, Marisnick all day for me.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
100% Straw. Speed kills. He's got elite elite speed.

Straw is faster, but I think Marisnick is the better baserunner. With two outs and only a decision to go full throttle? Yeah, I'd go with Straw. If it requires instinct and a quick *correct* decision, Marisnick all day for me.
I can agree with that. Jake is probably a smarter base runner. Tie game with a runner on second isn't all that complicated. Get home on a hit. Only go halfway if it's questionable to be caught.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
100% Straw. Speed kills. He's got elite elite speed.


Straw probably has higher risk of a tootblan though