***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,703 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figures lie and liars figure
TXAG14
That is insane. *starts drinking at noon*
Ag_07
AG
My stomach is already in knots
TREX01
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center
The answer to that is Jake has been horrible forever so....
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mine is just fine unless Cole comes out sloppy.
Ag_07
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?

Giving them an auto-out in the lineup and not having a stud glove to sub in the late innings.
Beat40
Bregxit said:

Ag_07 said:

Mine is just fine unless Cole comes out sloppy.

Mine is in knots as well, only because I'm not sure what offense we're going to get. 2 runs in the first would go along way to quell the knots.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is a must win for my sanity considering who the ags and Texans have this weekend
Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just a question...Reddick has been horrible this series. What do we lose putting Jake out there in center?
Ceiling. While it may be small, Josh has a better shot at producing.

In general Jake has had trouble hitting the faster four-seamers. Glasnow would eat his lunch.

Wabs
AG
Offense.....

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Can we put that ball boy stool in the dugout while we bat?
Mathguy64
AG
I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Start Straw and have him drag bunt every at-bat. Guy can get to second on an infield hit.
Mr President Elect
AG
Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Giving them an auto-out in the lineup and not having a stud glove to sub in the late innings.
Our RF position is 0-13 with 2 walks in 15 PA, so it's pretty much an auto-out. The late inning stud glove sub comment makes no sense at all, the stud glove would be in the entire game. With that being said, I am not sure who I want to see in that spot.

I guess my preference order is 1. Tucker, 2. Diaz, 3. Jake, 4.Straw, 5. Grienke, 6. Reddick
aTm2004
AG
Don't forget this hero.

aTm2004
AG
Farmer1906 said:

aTm2004 said:

In general Jake has had trouble hitting the faster four-seamers. Glasnow would eat his lunch.

Very small...Reddick is 0-fer I believe. Glasnow will probably only face Jake once.
Wabs
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Start Straw and have him drag bunt every at-bat. Guy can get to second on an infield hit.
Probably a better option than Reddick hitting, plus Straw in the OF would be alright.
AggiEE
willjohnathan said:

Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Our RF position is 0-13 with 2 walks in 15 PA, so it's pretty much an auto-out. The late inning stud glove sub comment makes no sense at all, the stud glove would be in the entire game. With that being said, I am not sure who I want to see in that spot.

I guess my preference order is 1. Tucker, 2. Diaz, 3. Jake, 4.Straw, 5. Grienke, 6. Reddick

The Astros have won every single playoff game Tucker has played
jetch17
AG
mathguy86 said:

I just pray that the idiots in the first row of the Crawford Boxes and their cousins on the RF fence line keep their hands to themselves. We don't need any dumbass interference calls tonight.

We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'
gigemJTH12
AG
aTm2004 said:

Reddick is also 2-2 on Glasnow
mwm
I've just got one thing to say: Time to kick buttocks, boys.
ClickClack
AG
Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004 said:

Farmer1906 said:

aTm2004 said:

Very small...Reddick is 0-fer I believe. Glasnow will probably only face Jake once.
Josh has had 1 game vs Tyler. He went 2-3. He's got the second-highest wOBA & highest xwOBA vs Tyler. We're only talking about 2 to 11 PA during the regular season.
Mr President Elect
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

aTm2004 said:

Reddick is also 2-2 on Glasnow
He struck out in his first AB of the postseason against him, so not true. He did get his one walk against him though so he has that going for him.
Mathguy64
AG
jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

We are literally on row 1 in right field above the HEB/State Farm sign tonight - I will jump on anyone looking to jack with a play. My wife has already told me 'don't get drunk and mess with a play where the entire city will hate you'
Damn straight skippy.

I have a job - post rally tits. You have a job - beat the dog**** out of any idiot in your area.
Farmer1906
AG
ClickClack said:

Bottom 9th, tie game, runner on 2nd. Do you pinch run Marisnick or Straw? I feel like I trust marisnick more there for some reason.
100% Straw. Speed kills. He's got elite elite speed.
jetch17
AG
mathguy86 said:

jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

Damn straight skippy.

I have a job - post rally tits. You have a job - beat the dog**** out of any idiot in your area.

On it.
07ag
AG
https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?request=1&submitter=1&pitcher=glasnty01&min_year_game=2016&max_year_game=2019&post=1&opp_id=HOU&bats=any&c1gtlt=gt&c2gtlt=gt&orderby=batting_avg&orderby_dir=desc&orderby_second=Name&orderby_dir_second=asc

if it were up to me the top of the lineup should go springer reddick correa tonight
https://ts.la/eric59704
aTm2004
AG
Top load the top of the order?
spadilly
S
jetch17 said:

mathguy86 said:

Talmbout.
Ag_07
AG
True but Jake has been an auto-out all season while the others (George and Mike) are just slumping.

And as for the defensive replacement...If Jake is in there already and you want to PH hit him late then you lose his glove. If he's on the bench you can PH anyone and shuffle him in tot he OF for his glove.

Simply put...It's a win or go home playoff game. You really want Jake Marisnick in the lineup getting 4+ ABs?
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Straw is faster, but I think Marisnick is the better baserunner. With two outs and only a decision to go full throttle? Yeah, I'd go with Straw. If it requires instinct and a quick *correct* decision, Marisnick all day for me.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Straw is faster, but I think Marisnick is the better baserunner. With two outs and only a decision to go full throttle? Yeah, I'd go with Straw. If it requires instinct and a quick *correct* decision, Marisnick all day for me.
I can agree with that. Jake is probably a smarter base runner. Tie game with a runner on second isn't all that complicated. Get home on a hit. Only go halfway if it's questionable to be caught.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

ClickClack said:

Straw probably has higher risk of a tootblan though
First Page Last Page
Page 1318 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.