***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,729,826 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by PSully97
Just an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:



Altuve has that "I might get laid" tonight look on his face.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad said:

We've scored over 3 runs in this ballpark once in the past 12 games and they all came on HRs. It doesn't matter who they put on the mound, we can't score in this ballpark.

And we better figure out how to score a few more in ours. I don't know if you can count on Cole to match his last outing.


1. Why not?

2. What makes you think we can't hit at MMP?

3. This same team won 107 games.

BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SquirrellyDan said:

All you folks saying "we didn't show up" or "our heads are up are asses" or something similar, please give it up. It's baseball. Literally anyone can beat anyone in a 5 game series. Things aren't falling our way. We have a game 5 at home worse case scenario. We could lose that too, but probably won't.


Our hitters didn't show up. FYI.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Odds still in our favor
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-playoffs-twins-rays-dig-0-2-holes-in-alds-and-heres-what-history-says-about-their-chances-to-come-back/amp/
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

mathguy86 said:

Farmer1906 said:

It would have been nice to had Dallas for game 4
Or CFM. Or the Wade Miley that pitched so well from April to mid August. Before he broke himself.


If we lose this series then Jeff is going to hate himself so much for not signing him. Not just because we
miss him but he'll be a key factor in ending our year.

Josh Innes is that you?.... such a bull**** take.

Up until September Miley was the best LH pitcher in the American League. Given his contract Miley was a helluva signing for this team. Not to mention we got Grienke in August. This team is built and loaded for a World Series. Lunhow built a championship team without Charlie M.

It's called baseball. The best teams don't always win the World Series.


With all that said this game isn't over, or is the series if we lose tonight. Everyone needs to calm the **** down. We've been in these situations before and if memory serves me correct we have a banner waving in Minute Maid Park that proves we can win big games in the playoffs.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

It's STILL just 4 runs.


Most of the year there weren't many leads I thought we had no chance to overcome. But (assuming we get out of this inning) the next 3 batters MUST come through
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mwm said:

It would appear that Cole could wrap-up the CY on Thursday after JV's start tonight.
The votes were all in before the postseason started.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

mazag08 said:

BMX Bandit said:

W said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

This feels so much like Boston last year. I am a Reddick defender but time to put in Tucker, he can't do worse. Hell put in Marsinick, anyone with a pulse
that's why it's time to shake things up


How?

Bench Correa for Diaz.


So same hits & less defense?

Bregman at short would be fine. Diaz is good at third.

And yes, something more than nothing on offense.

Correa is a complete and total failure right now after his yearly vacations.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys, it's also possible these guys were going to be good on Verlander seeing him twice. Regardless of test. Glad it happened tonight and not in game 5.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't know that...thks.
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

All you folks saying "we didn't show up" or "our heads are up are asses" or something similar, please give it up. It's baseball. Literally anyone can beat anyone in a 5 game series. Things aren't falling our way. We have a game 5 at home worse case scenario. We could lose that too, but probably won't.


Our hitters didn't show up. FYI.


Our hitters aren't getting hits. FYI. They're at the ball park.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazag08 said:

BMX Bandit said:

mazag08 said:

BMX Bandit said:

W said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

This feels so much like Boston last year. I am a Reddick defender but time to put in Tucker, he can't do worse. Hell put in Marsinick, anyone with a pulse
that's why it's time to shake things up


How?

Bench Correa for Diaz.


So same hits & less defense?

Bregman at short would be fine. Diaz is good at third.

And yes, something more than nothing on offense.

Correa is a complete and total failure right now after his yearly vacations.


And we still have 0 runs. Way to shake it up Mr Stengel!
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We swing and miss ALOT of pitches. We can't seem to get a ball past their batters.
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can't be serious? You want a bench player playing over our best defensive short stop who could go yard and any time??0
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every ray hitter is having really good ABs
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

mathguy86 said:

Farmer1906 said:

It would have been nice to had Dallas for game 4
Or CFM. Or the Wade Miley that pitched so well from April to mid August. Before he broke himself.


If we lose this series then Jeff is going to hate himself so much for not signing him. Not just because we
miss him but he'll be a key factor in ending our year.

Josh Innes is that you?.... such a bull**** take.

Up until September Miley was the best LH pitcher in the American League. Given his contract Miley was a helluva signing for this team. Not to mention we got Grienke in August. This team is built and loaded for a World Series. Lunhow built a championship team without Charlie M.

It's called baseball. The best teams don't always win the World Series.


With all that said this game isn't over, or is the series if we lose tonight. Everyone needs to calm the **** down. We've been in these situations before and if memory serves me correct we have a banner waving in Minute Maid Park that proves we can win big games in the playoffs.


You seem to just be angry or something because your post isn't relevant to what I said.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn this AB
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SquirrellyDan said:

BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

All you folks saying "we didn't show up" or "our heads are up are asses" or something similar, please give it up. It's baseball. Literally anyone can beat anyone in a 5 game series. Things aren't falling our way. We have a game 5 at home worse case scenario. We could lose that too, but probably won't.


Our hitters didn't show up. FYI.


Our hitters aren't getting hits. FYI. They're at the ball park.


Whew. Feel better now!
They are in the building!
Just an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the deal with the Trop?? Modern stadium and bullpen and warm up mounds are exposed. How 20th century!!
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You guys remember when KC came back from 4 down late in that playoff game against us....this can turn fast
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's ****ing go boys. Still have 9 outs. 4 runs ain't ***** We remember the Memorial Day Miracle in Minnesota. Wake up bats!!
j_davis01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like TB has been up to bat the whole game
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need a crooked number here
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long game. Three hours and going to the top of the 7th.

It's still only 4-0.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They can still win 5-4 gents, its not over yet
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will post bare naked glorious titties if we come back and win this.
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

All you folks saying "we didn't show up" or "our heads are up are asses" or something similar, please give it up. It's baseball. Literally anyone can beat anyone in a 5 game series. Things aren't falling our way. We have a game 5 at home worse case scenario. We could lose that too, but probably won't.


Our hitters didn't show up. FYI.


Our hitters aren't getting hits. FYI. They're at the ball park.


Whew. Feel better now!
They are in the building!


Well, now you're just contradicting yourself. Glad I could help, though.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

You guys remember when KC came back from 4 down late in that playoff game against us....this can turn fast


Was that only 4 runs? Man it feels like so much more.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

You can't be serious? You want a bench player playing over our best defensive short stop who could go yard and any time??0
Yes. And its not close.

Correa isnt going yard. He's been lucky just to get soft blooping fly balls. Most of the time, he is completely lost because he hasn't focused all season and frankly doesn't seem to have the fire and want to that he had in 17. He can ride the bench until he decides to be a part of this team again.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SquirrellyDan said:

BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

BMX Bandit said:

SquirrellyDan said:

All you folks saying "we didn't show up" or "our heads are up are asses" or something similar, please give it up. It's baseball. Literally anyone can beat anyone in a 5 game series. Things aren't falling our way. We have a game 5 at home worse case scenario. We could lose that too, but probably won't.


Our hitters didn't show up. FYI.


Our hitters aren't getting hits. FYI. They're at the ball park.


Whew. Feel better now!
They are in the building!


Well, now you're just contradicting yourself. Glad I could help, though.


What a moron.
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Mattress Mac commercial just now. Still hawking those matresses for the Astros.
aggie0109
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It worked in '17 so if the stros come back and win I won't post on this forum until next season!
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jetch