***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,315 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

I won the lottery, but haven't received an email with special password this morning, which they mentioned they would do yesterday in yesterday's email

Anyone else?

Haven't my email either with the unique pass code.
Charlie Conway
n_touch said:

At least till the end of the season
i'm prepared to ask the question game 1 of the 2020 season
exp
AG
Cmon guys, I need this thread to liven up, else I'll have to actually DO WORK today.
WES2006AG
AG
bearkatag15 said:

astros4545 said:

I won the lottery, but haven't received an email with special password this morning, which they mentioned they would do yesterday in yesterday's email

Anyone else?

Haven't my email either with the unique pass code.
Same here, I'm supposed to be able to purchase at noon but haven't seen anything today.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it just now after I hit post.
Cromagnum
AG
I'm less worried about the pitching today, but I hope that bats come out on fire and stay that way.
gigemJTH12
AG
Cromagnum said:

I'm less worried about the pitching today, but I hope that bats come out on fire and stay that way.
would be really freakin nice to go full Astros on them and score about 8 runs in five innings and let Verlander out of there after 65 pitches
gougler08
AG
Just got mine...but have a lunch meeting so will be interesting to see how this goes on my phone
n_touch
I just got the passcode. It's Homefield
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

I just got the passcode. It's Homefield
Mine is tiebreaker
BCSGrubber
AG
I got my password its some random letters
Juan Solo
AG
mine is random letters too
The Milkman
AG
For those of you that had the 10am timeslot how is it looking? Anything left or all upper corners?
n_touch
Who had the 10? I thought it was all noon?
Ag13
AG
The Milkman said:

For those of you that had the 10am timeslot how is it looking? Anything left or all upper corners?
Only uppers at 10am. Wasn't the corners, closer to home plate. But a little disappointed in the inventory.
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
The Milkman
AG
n_touch said:

Who had the 10? I thought it was all noon?
Partial season ticket holders and some other special groups
n_touch
Ohh you mean the people that have their tickets on Stub Hub already....got it
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AustinCountyAg
so I won the lottery for tickets but I can possibly only make one game? Going out of town this coming week.....question is how are the tickets sent? In email. If I buy them and end up not being able to use them I am curious how easy it will be to give them to friends?
Juan Solo
AG
really easy, they just need the mlb app.
Teddy Perkins
AG
third coast.. said:

Weird I did get selected but I never got the email notification. No email yet about the passcode to buy.
Check your junk folder. My selection email and code was filtered as spam.
dshedd41
S
https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/justin-verlander-right-choice-on-short-rest
Gig’em Aggies!
ClickClack
AG
Alright, may need to buy some rum on the way home and pour some out for Jobu to wake up bats.

I'd suggest you all do the same. That is, if you're dedicated.

Teddy Perkins
AG
dshedd14 said:

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/justin-verlander-right-choice-on-short-rest
Quote:

It is absolutely the right decision from Hinch, even if Verlander has never pitched on short rest in the postseason after a full start. I can remember all the hand-wringing about Josh Beckett pitching on limited rest for the Marlins in Game 3 of the 2003 World Series against the Yankees, in the old Yankee Stadium. Beckett was a kid, just 23 at the time. He went out and pitched one of the most dominant October games I have ever seen anybody pitch in the Bronx. The Yankees were helpless that night. Derek Jeter swung and missed at a Beckett fastball in the ninth inning that Jeter still hasn't seen. Beckett had the arm. Verlander has the arm. You don't need full rest when you have the arm, not this time of year.

Hinch had the best team all season. Presumably, he still thinks he has the best team. He also has the best pitcher of his time, and one of the best of all time. Hinch will give Verlander the ball on Tuesday in the first game their team has really needed all year. You worry about the ALCS when you get there. You do everything you can to stay away from Game 5. You better believe you give the ball to Verlander. He can rest on Wednesday.
PhatMack19
AG
Chapman hurt celebrating last night?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/08/bottle-hits-aroldis-chapman-in-wacky-yankees-injury-scare/?utm_source=NYPFacebook&sr_share=facebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
Beat40
The ONLY thing about comparing JV and Beckett is Beckett was 23 years old at the time. The body recovers faster at that age.

I think JV's competitiveness is so great that it doesn't worry me much, but it's a factor none-the-less. As someone said, it would be nice for the offense to put up runs early and often to give us the opportunity to not have JV throw 100+ pitches.
AustinCountyAg
this.

you have the two best pitchers in MLB on your team. You don't leave one of them on the bench to rot when you need them. You make the Rays beat your best.
gigemJTH12
AG
You know what I like? Not only are we the only baseball game on tonight we are the only sport on and every single baseball fan in the country is hoping we lose except for us. That's what I like. Our guys (especially Bregman) loooove that ***** Lets GO
jah003
S
Didn't get selected... but I'd like to go to either the 19th or 20th. Looks like they release them to everyone at 1. Doubt they'll be any around by then. Anyone buying for Saturday and/or Sunday and have extras let me know.
bearkatag15
AG
bobinator
AG
Keep checking in the coming days. They hold some back. Not sure why because they aren't particularly good seats, but if you're just looking to get in the building keep checking the website from time to time. That's what I did in 2017 and got tickets for Game 6 of the ALCS.
n_touch
So does being chosen for this crappy lottery spot ruin any chance of being selected for WS tickets?
Mr.Ackar07
Things I'm looking forward to:

1) Getting ALCS tickets in a couple of minutes
2) Beating the hell outta the rays tonight
3) Seeing Strasburg shut down the Dodgers tomorrow
devastor
AG
@#$!@W$#@$ Waiting Room
First Page Last Page
Page 1263 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.