***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,961 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the quick response. Any ideas on the last few bench and bullpen spots? I've already read no Biagini, but that was to be expected and not earth shattering. I think Tucker makes it. Is Peacock ready to go in a high pressure situation?
Mathguy64
AG
One day out, so its predict your lineup day.

14 hitters:
George
Tuve
Uncle Mike
The MVP
Yordan
Yuli
Carlos
Robbie
Reddick

Bench: Jake, Tucker, Diaz, Machete, Straw (I really want Toro here in case Correa gets another massage but I'm rolling the dice that he is ok)

11 Pitchers:
JV
Cole
Greinke
Urkeeding
Miley (in the pen, he gets the gift roster spot just in case Urkeeding blows up or something goes to long extra innings)
Peacock
Devo
James
Harris
Pressly
Osuna

agsquirrel97
AG
I had Publix deliver this to our sales office in Tampa this morning.

astros4545
AG
Joe smith is 100% making it

I'd replace him and devo
Wabs
AG
redline248 said:

Wabs said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't like this matchup for 2 reasons

They can beat us at our own game. Matchups, analytics, shifts, etc.

Tropicana Field. We suck there. Always have. I think even during the Texas series we played there we sucked.

Win the first 2 get into the driver's seat but if we lose one of the first 2 at MMP it could get tough.
TB has nothing to lose and can play loose and free. My hope is that the Astros play the same way and don't tighten up. I agree, winning G1 and G2 is important.

I don't understand this thinking. They have a playoff series and potential world series run to lose.
Very few expected TB to be here and they are facing the best team in baseball. Yes, they technically have something to lose, as have every single playoff team in the history of sports. But I think you know what I meant by nothing to lose. If TB loses the series, it's what's expected. If Houston loses, it is a major upset.
Farmer1906
AG
Much like Oakland, they were only expected to win 80-90 games.
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/rays-astros-2019-alds-game-1-preview
Jackal99
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

I had Publix deliver this to our sales office in Tampa this morning.

Troll Level: Trump

Well done.
Ags #1
AG
no way devo makes the post season roster right?
JohnnyTexAg1995
gigemJTH12 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Games 1 and 2 at home are must wins. Astros generally forget how to hit in the Trop, they have a sub-500 record there in the last few years.

Because it's boring and lame AF. Throw all those stats out the window for the playoffs. We will be ready. And we're gonna **** them up.
This! I went to a game this season there to check a stadium off my list while on vacation, and on a friday night game I got left field 1st row tickets for $17. Probably 1/5 full stadium. Hard to get up and excited for that environment in the regular season.
AggiEE
Ags #1 said:

no way devo makes the post season roster right?

Devo always finds a way
Deluxe
AG
My 11 would be:

JV, Cole, Greinke, Smith, Harris, Pressly, Osuna (7 locks)

Urquidy and Miley (I think we'll take both in case Urquidy struggles early in G4)

That leaves 2 spots for Peacock, James, Rondon, Abreu and Devo.

I'd take Peacock and James. Abreu is my next man up if we expand to 12.
Deluxe
AG
I didn't realize Blake Snell hasn't pitched more than three innings in a start since July.
Farmer1906
AG
He came back and has basically been an opener. IDK if that was by design or what. They've barely stretched him out at all.
David_Puddy
AG
mathguy86 said:

$80 on MLB.com

Too bad you won't be able to wear those here until well after the playoffs are over.
E
AG
Deluxe said:

I didn't realize Blake Snell hasn't pitched more than three innings in a start since July.
Lets hope he continues this streak
AustinCountyAg
in a somewhat related post is anyone else extremely displeased with the lack of quality astros merchandise out there these days? I went to academy over the weekend to get some new shirts, or polos and left empty handed. All they had were overpriced 47 brand cotton tshirts (I hate wearing cotton t shirts in tx heat), and some nike performance blended shirts that looked great but fit terrible. An extremely slim cut that was uncomfortable. And this is coming from a dude who is 6'4 175 lbs (not a lolfat).

The polos they had were antigua brand? looked like crap/quality. Only thing with quality were the columbia fishing shirts.

WTF?
BMX Bandit
Quote:

in a somewhat related post is anyone else extremely displeased with the lack of quality astros merchandise out there these days?

Other than women & homosexuals? No.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Agreed,
Only thing worth a **** is at the stadium

Try finding any Aggie gear in Houston worth a **** also. Nothing available.
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/houston-astros/polos/o-2354+t-58667541+d-64449084+z-9-2394095138

Colombia
Nike
Under Armor
Vineyard Vines
Majestic
bearkatag15
AG
I bought this UA polo earlier in the season. Its my favorite Astros polo I've ever bought.

Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

in a somewhat related post is anyone else extremely displeased with the lack of quality astros merchandise out there these days? I went to academy over the weekend to get some new shirts, or polos and left empty handed. All they had were overpriced 47 brand cotton tshirts (I hate wearing cotton t shirts in tx heat), and some nike performance blended shirts that looked great but fit terrible. An extremely slim cut that was uncomfortable. And this is coming from a dude who is 6'4 175 lbs (not a lolfat).

The polos they had were antigua brand? looked like crap/quality. Only thing with quality were the columbia fishing shirts.

WTF?

lolskinny
BCSGrubber
AG
Does that run smaller or normal size?
bearkatag15
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Does that run smaller or normal size?
m
Normal size for me. UA fits me better than other brands like Nike or Adidas. I wear a large in everything and this fits true for me
AgFan1999
AG
Quick poll -

If you were gonna buy a blue Astros jersey, which would you pick - Cole or Bregs?
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Bregs. Since Cole will most likely be gone next year.
CFTXAG10
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

If you were gonna buy a blue Astros jersey, which would you pick - Cole or Bregs?

Bregman
Harry Dunne
AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

do you want to be able to wear it for another month or for the rest of your life?
k20dub
AG
Harry Dunne said:

AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

do you want to be able to wear it for another month or for the rest of your life?
Biggio
n_touch
Bregs
AgFan1999
AG
that's what I was thinking.
AggiEE
AgFan1999 said:

Quick poll -

Bregs. You know me he'll be back next season
Wabs
AG
Bulldog73
AG
Unless the BoSox offer up Sale for him...

Sadly, I was ticked when we passed that deal up. Shows how little I know.
PSully97
AG
Wabs said:

Find me a 281 and we're in business.
First Page Last Page
Page 1159 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.