***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,521 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be shocked if Miley starts anything besides the team bus.
Mathguy64
AG
Managers in the postseason think way too much. Burning a PH here and making a position change in the field just isn't needed.
Farmer1906
AG
mathguy86 said:

Managers in the postseason think way too much. Burning a PH here and making a position change in the field just isn't needed.

You called that.
Mathguy64
AG
Gift runs are to be avoided at all costs
PhatMack19
AG
I thought that 3rd baseman broke his leg bending backwards like that
Harry Dunne
SIAP but can't believe the Dodgers traded d'Armaud to the Rays for cash. Because who needs a catcher who can bat cleanup for a playoff team when you've got Max Stassi!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Looking for a single for Friday. PM if you have one. Otherwise I'll buy after noon Friday on stubhub
Mathguy64
AG
And another overmanaged move.
Farmer1906
AG
Disagree. I liked it. It just didn't work out.
TXAG14
Rays it is.
Mathguy64
AG
Pham with the blast. A's are in trouble.
mwm
TB is banging 'em tonight.
Mathguy64
AG
Except it ended getting their .899 OPS catcher replaced with one carrying a .693 OPS. They really hurt themselves.
Farmer1906
AG
53 AB sample size. They took their shot. Now they'll have a worse hitting. Catcher for 2 more ABs.
astros4545
AG
Deluxe said:

I think we should start Urquidy instead of Miley if Tampa wins so Yandy Diaz can't demolish him

We could just intentionally walk him
Beat40
It's still so wild to think of CFM as an ace of a staff.

He definitely earned the title for this Rays staff, and we were so fortunate to have him when we did!
Harry Dunne
Good for Chuck. Glad to see him pitch well.

Now I hope we hang about a dozen on him next week.
Prosperdick
AG
Just need to be able to hit in Tampa one game...or not at all and sweat out a game 5. I'm actually a lot more nervous for the Rays now than I was for the Red Sox in 2017.
Farmer1906
AG
Why? Sale, Price, Betts, JD, etc. they were loaded with talent.
bearkatag15
AG

This seems good
Harry Stone
AG
so if tampa wins CFM wont be available till game 3. granted we rocked him the last outing but playoffs are different. i can see a sweep in the ALDS.
McInnis
AG
CFM with a 45-16 record since coming to the Astros after starting his career 46-71. Can anyone think of any pro athlete who had such a turnaround in his career at age 32?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Safe at Home said:

CFM with a 45-16 record since coming to the Astros after starting his career 46-71. Can anyone think of any pro athlete who had such a turnaround in his career at age 32?

With or without steriods
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Why? Sale, Price, Betts, JD, etc. they were loaded with talent.

I was more concerned with NY and just thought we matched up pretty well with Boston, who was pre-world series winning, Boston if you recall.

I also remember we played them late in the season and easily had our way with them.
Harry Dunne
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Safe at Home said:

With or without steriods
Everyone that hung out with Ken Caminiti in the mid 90s.
Bregxit
AG
Safe at Home said:

Steve Finley and Luis Gonzales. Great examples of what dedication to getting better and good nutrition can accomplish.
Frok
AG
Bregxit said:

Safe at Home said:

Steve Finley and Luis Gonzales. Great examples of what dedication to getting better and good nutrition can accomplish.

Nevermind, should have read other posts. Already said
Mathguy64
AG
Safe at Home said:

Jamie Moyer was 59-76 from 1986-1995. Then went 210-133.
Mathguy64
AG
Thats like 4 fly balls that have landed uncaught in foul territory.
McInnis
AG
OK, you guys brought up the juicers. I guess Luis Gonzalez would be comparable if you just look at his numbers.
Harry Dunne
Is it just me or could Laureano have caught that Diaz foul ball just now? He was trotting like it was a dead ball.
CFTXAG10
AG
I thought the same thing tbh, looked like he slowed up
BCSGrubber
AG
Rich Hilll kinda flamed out until 2016 and then pitched his best ball
Bregxit
AG
Safe at Home said:

OK, you guys brought up the juicers. I guess Luis Gonzalez would be comparable if you just look at his numbers.

Take out 2001 and Gonzo's numbers wouldn't have raised as much suspicion. That year was a dead giveaway though.
Harry Dunne
As much as I hate to quote A-Rod, he just made a good point. When you rely on the long ball like the A's do it's hard to play from behind because you can't chip away.

EE was trying (unsuccessfully) to make the same point yesterday - that we are reliant on the HR. We hit HRs but are not reliant on them we hit for average and we walk and we make lots of contact, so we can chip away at a lead without necessarily having to hit homers.
First Page Last Page
Page 1156 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.