***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,712,507 Views | 74430 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TexasRebel
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His arbitration hearing will get very very ugly.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

His arbitration hearing will get very very ugly.
He made $5million this year. Couldn't be much more than that right?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't imagine the club will offer much more than that based on production and I suspect he will ask for $10-12MM. Those things are all production based and the club basically has to argue their player isn't worth it. In this case that should be easy.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cleveland is 3 outs from being done. Down 8-2 B8.

Yankees are up over the Arlingtonians 5-2, T5
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cleveland is done. I wonder if Francona will come back. That team seems to be a mess. They play in an easy Division and are almost guaranteed 50 wins just off of KC, Det. and CWS.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't worry guys. I hear Correa's masseuse was heading to Anaheim this afternoon. Should be good by tomorrow.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

mathguy86 said:

His arbitration hearing will get very very ugly.
He made $5million this year. Couldn't be much more than that right?


You can double it or close to that.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Cleveland is done. I wonder if Francona will come back. That team seems to be a mess. They play in an easy Division and are almost guaranteed 50 wins just off of KC, Det. and CWS.


This isn't on Francona. They knew they had a huge hole in the OF. The not only didn't go out and sign a stud, but they let Brantley walk.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

mathguy86 said:

His arbitration hearing will get very very ugly.
He made $5million this year. Couldn't be much more than that right?


You can double it or close to that.
Double his pay for playing 46% of the games due to injury? seems excessive.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

mathguy86 said:

His arbitration hearing will get very very ugly.
He made $5million this year. Couldn't be much more than that right?


You can double it or close to that.
I dint see it. I guess its a question of how hard a line the club wants to take.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mathguy86 said:

Cleveland is done. I wonder if Francona will come back. That team seems to be a mess. They play in an easy Division and are almost guaranteed 50 wins just off of KC, Det. and CWS.


This isn't on Francona. They knew they had a huge hole in the OF. The not only didn't go out and sign a stud, but they let Brantley walk.


Exactly

They dumped salary and traded their best pitcher.

They're awfully run and it shows.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll guess 8.75 M +/- 1 M

Bookmark it and we'll revisit in the offseason.

As mad as we are Correa he's a 25+ M a year player. So if he only plays half the year, he's worth more than he'll get.
newsjunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's not funny!
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Once again offering up my 1994 Mitch Williams #99 T-shirt jersey for sale.


That's random, isn't that the guy who would fall down after he threw the pitch?
He gave up the series-ending HR to Joe Carter in 1993 and never recovered. He had 43 saves in the regular season but fell apart in the post-season for the Phillies going 0-2 with an ERA of 20.

The Astros needed a closer in 94 and traded Doug Jones and Jeff Juden for him.
Williams was a tire fire in Houston, he went 1-4 with 6 saves and a 7.65 ERA before the Astros cut him on May 31
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mathguy86 said:

Cleveland is done. I wonder if Francona will come back. That team seems to be a mess. They play in an easy Division and are almost guaranteed 50 wins just off of KC, Det. and CWS.


This isn't on Francona. They knew they had a huge hole in the OF. The not only didn't go out and sign a stud, but they let Brantley walk.
Yeah. I agree with that. I guess what I should have said is I winder if Francona will want to come back. They are a mess of a club but they play in an easy Division so playoffs are in play.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crappy strike zone so far.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that's why they say ground balls are outs in this league.

105 mph grounder turns into a GiDP
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Frok said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Once again offering up my 1994 Mitch Williams #99 T-shirt jersey for sale.


That's random, isn't that the guy who would fall down after he threw the pitch?
He gave up the series-ending HR to Joe Carter in 1993 and never recovered. He had 43 saves in the regular season but fell apart in the post-season for the Phillies going 0-2 with an ERA of 20.

The Astros needed a closer in 94 and traded Doug Jones and Jeff Juden for him.
Williams was a tire fire in Houston, he went 1-4 with 6 saves and a 7.65 ERA before the Astros cut him on May 31

The "Wild Thing"
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yankees up 8-2, T6. I guess now that they guaranteed Minor his 200K they have n nothing left to play for.
SA-AG72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another ****ing double play.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm tired of seeing Fletcher.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fletcher man... **** that guy
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jose 105.1 MPH EV, xBA .630, into a DP
Fletcher 73.3 MPH EV, xBA .340, single
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whew - Pujols still scares the heck out of me.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/09/latest-on-carlos-correa.html
Quote:



Latest On Carlos Correa
By Connor Byrne | September 27, 2019 at 9:18pm CDT

The Astros shut down shortstop Carlos Correa for the rest of the regular season because of a back issue on Thursday. The hope then was that Correa would return for the start of the playoffs next week. That could still happen, but it doesn't sound like a certainty at this point. Whether Correa will be ready for the American League Division Series will depend on how his back responds to workouts next week, Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle writes.

"We're going to have to see him do a lot of stuff between now and next Friday," said general manager Jeff Luhnow, who noted it's "hard to tell" if Correa's back problems have worsened in the past week. Regardless, if the Astros aren't confident in Correa's health when the ALDS rolls around, they'll "most likely" leave him off their roster, according to Luhnow.

The spot currently ticketed for Correa may end up going to rookie third baseman Abraham Toro, per Rome. And third baseman/AL MVP candidate Alex Bregman would perhaps handle shortstop, something he has had to do far more often than the Astros were hoping for this season. Correa's regular season ended with just 75 games played on account of multiple injuries. The 25-year-old sat out from May 27 until July 26 with a fractured rib and then missed Aug. 20-Sept. 15 thanks to his back, which still won't seem to heal.

The fact that the Astros will ultimately go without Correa 87 times during the regular season and possibly still finish with the majors' best record is a testament to the overall strength of their roster. So, even if Correa's not available come playoff time, Houston still figures to enter the proceedings with as good a chance as anyone to take home a World Series title. Obviously, though, a healthy Correa would only enhance the Astros' odds of winning their second championship since 2017.

Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

I'm tired of seeing Fletcher.


It's like David Freese all over again.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MVP in the house!
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alex - boom!
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit #41. A mere 421 ft
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Breg w the big fly!
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MVP
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AB runs his numbers up to 41 HR & 111 RBI
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Don’t Care. Got Jimbo