***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,729,945 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice job young man!
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not perhaps, they are two entirely different situations

Now nobody agrees with you here nor wants to have this conversation, go somewhere else
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm excited about Abreu in the bullpen next year. He will be a good replacement for 1 of the arms we will lose in the offseason.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of Will Harris, he is a free agent after this year and makes $4.2 million this year. He's 35 years old. Think we resign him for a 1 or 2 year deal?
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nah I'm good
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So does Straw have absolutely no power whatsoever?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

So does Straw have absolutely no power whatsoever?
In 5 seasons across all levels of the minors and now some time in the majors he has 5 career home runs and 76 doubles and 27 triples... so no he does not have much power.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude makes Adam Everett look like Barry Bonds
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bregxit said:

So does Straw have absolutely no power whatsoever?
In 5 seasons across all levels of the minors and now some time in the majors he has 5 career home runs and 76 doubles... so no he does not have much power.


Yeah just saw that. Yikes. That's like Ozzie Smith levels.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Uncle Mike off the schnide!
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn Straw could have scored if that gets by
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a great play by Fletcher. damn that guy is annoying
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Speaking of Will Harris, he is a free agent after this year and makes $4.2 million this year. He's 35 years old. Think we resign him for a 1 or 2 year deal?


Back to your Q, would be nice if the price is right.

We're pretty close to cajun territory...maybe he cuts us a deal!
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

bearkatag15 said:

Speaking of Will Harris, he is a free agent after this year and makes $4.2 million this year. He's 35 years old. Think we resign him for a 1 or 2 year deal?


Back to your Q, would be nice if the price is right.
Hinch loves the guy and after the season he is having I bet Hinch lobbies for him to return.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C'mon Bregs
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Splitter is Tucker's kryptonite.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Missed opportunity
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having to get up at 6 to get kids ready for school makes these games hard to stay with. Get some runs, boys
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dumb question but, in the playoffs, those not on the alds roster suit up? Or are they just in Houston or wherever still practicing just Incase they get called up for the next series?
Sid Farkas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Outside of miley's performance this down roster is Ok. Any one of these guys could individually step in during playoffs and Stros could maintain dominance

If we have to rely on than one of them...well...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Having to get up at 6 to get kids ready for school makes these games hard to stay with. Get some runs, boys


Agreed , that and the standard beers while watching the game
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Dumb question but, in the playoffs, those not on the alds roster suit up? Or are they just in Houston or wherever still practicing just Incase they get called up for the next series?
They are usually in uniform in the dugout with the team
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welcome back to the playoff roster Josh
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This lineup is a little hard to watch. I keep thinking we are about to flip it over, then realize we are only at the 5 or 6 spot
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Outside of miley's performance this down roster is Ok. Any one of these guys could individually step in during playoffs and Stros could maintain dominance

If we have to rely on than one of them...well...


And Miley's performance wasn't terrible tonight.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All of these rest days and injuries made me think back to my childhood and Cal Ripkens streak. It might be the most amazing record in all of baseball
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jeez Toro....lucky there
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
D ja vu here for Toro. Now bunt him Hinch.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enter Yordan, stage right.

Enter Ausmus, stage left. Ausmus ****s his pants.
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.quora.com/Where-are-players-not-on-the-postseason-roster-allowed-to-be

A little ambiguous but I think not on the roster not on the bench
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love that Yordan's OPS is 1.100 from both LHP and RHP... managers just go to the LHP vs him out of habit at this point... it literally doesn't matter
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

All of these rest days and injuries made me think back to my childhood and Cal Ripkens streak. It might be the most amazing record in all of baseball


Amazing record for sure. It is so strange to me how players played 160-162 games regularly back then. It's almost unheard of today.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lol Springer off the bench has to be deflating for them
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Annoying pitcher changes
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He didn't want anything to do with Yordon