***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,567 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd still bring him back if he was willing to take a lesser deal. Which you'd like to think he would to stay on this team. Make sure he is the #5, gets skipped throughout the year to save some innings.

He really seems like he is a low endurance guy...in a game he hits a wall and falls off the cliff and now in the season he does the same at the end.
titanmaster_race
There is no way you can trust Miley to start a game in the postseason, right? If so, how can you give him a roster spot?
CoachRTM
AG
7 games left

0.5 game lead on the Yankees (we own the tiebreaker)
2 game lead on the Dodgers (we own the tiebreaker)
7 game lead on the A's
Ag_07
AG
I would think it's got to be Urkeedy but he's already over his innings limit for the year. Not sure how open they are to him starting.

Peacock hasn't thrown in a game since what feels like the ASB. How effective is he really gonna be? I don't trust him.

McHugh not an option since he's shut down.

Due to lack of other options I think Miley would start a GM 4 with a QUICK hook with the above mentioned 2 on stand by. This offense is good enough to overcome a dud Miley start if the hook is quick.
Farmer1906
AG
I kind of want to roll the dice with Abreu on the playoff roster. Sure he's never pitched in AAA and only has 76 innings in AA, he's got some filthy stuff.

His slider has a spin rate of 2829. That is similar to say Stroman, Gray, Buehler, & Ottavino.

He hasn't shown his curve much at all, but it's even better at 3013 (good for 11th in baseball).
Ag_07
AG
I agree

I'd love to see him in there. His stuff is nasty and he's got some dog in him that I like.

I'd take him over Devo.
bearkatag15
AG

Let's clinch today.
CFTXAG10
AG
Lets do the damn thang, Happy JV Day!

Bregxit
AG
2017 was clinched on a Sunday in September with JV on the mound 2 years 5 days ago.
Mathguy64
AG
Come on AJ. Put the lineup of death in and get this over with. Show JV you care enough to send out the very best.
bearkatag15
AG
I just got an email that I was selected for presale of ALDS tickets. Anyone else get that?
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I just got an email that I was selected for presale of ALDS tickets. Anyone else get that?

Wrong emoji
BCSGrubber
AG
I got the reject email
Mr.Bond
AG
Same
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

gougler08
AG
BCSGrubber said:

I got the reject email

Same, just adding misery to this sporting weekend
Bregxit
AG
#metoo
Aggie Pharmer
AG
I got selected for ALDS tix!

Edit to add: I won't be able to use all of them. So, I will be putting those I can't use up for sale here first.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just a heads up for the folks missing out on ALDS tix. Last year the Astros priced the post-season tix a little too high imo. A day or two before and especially on gameday you could get them cheaper on the secondary market.

Not sure what the pricing structure will be like this time around, but they do have bills to pay.
Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

but they do have bills to pay.

Yep.

His initials are GC.
CFTXAG10
AG
Not too shabby.

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yeaahhhh

I went 0-2 last year being selected and only 1-3 in 2017.
Farmer1906
AG
CoachRTM
AG
What are the logistics around getting Whitley pulled up for the last road trip? Do we need to DFA someone?

There's a pretty solid chance he's in the rotation at some point next year, if not on the opening day roster - it would be nice to get him a little experience this year even if he's not in the postseason plans.
Mathguy64
AG
Kiss of death.
AggiEE
CoachRTM said:

What are the logistics around getting Whitley pulled up for the last road trip? Do we need to DFA someone?

There's a pretty solid chance he's in the rotation at some point next year, if not on the opening day roster - it would be nice to get him a little experience this year even if he's not in the postseason plans.

Given his issues this year in the minors, there's not a chance he's on the opening day roster. He won't be pulled up before June 2020.

You'd have an argument if he tore through AAA this year.
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

Come on AJ. Put the lineup of death in and get this over with. Show JV you care enough to send out the very best.
I dont understand why Tucker isn't the primary starter at this point. Reddick should only be subbed in on his scheduled rest days.
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yeaahhhh

I went 0-2 last year being selected and only 1-3 in 2017.

I was 3-3 in 2017 and 0-2 last year so I am not complaining too much. Sent coworkers to the DS and CS and myself and I think milkman to the WS.
Philip J Fry
AG
AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I dont understand why Tucker isn't the primary starter at this point. Reddick should only be subbed in on his scheduled rest days.

Dude. Give it a rest.
Mathguy64
AG
AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

Because AJ is going with Reddick. If Tucker was getting the nod he would have been playing him ever game. He's not.
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

Because AJ is going with Reddick. If Tucker was getting the nod he would have been playing him ever game. He's not.
AJ is wrong though if that's the case. Tucker is better offensively, defensively, and is a base stealing threat. Sucks if we lose in the playoffs due to that decision just because Reddick has been a fixture in Houston with his inflated salary for so long.
Deluxe
AG
mathguy86 said:

Actually, might not be a bad idea to save the Lineup Of Death unveiling for a Cole start. Show him the love.
Philip J Fry
AG
AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

AJ is wrong though if that's the case. Tucker is better offensively, defensively, and is a base stealing threat. Sucks if we lose in the playoffs due to that decision just because Reddick has been a fixture in Houston with his inflated salary for so long.

I guarantee you that Tucker will not Singh's handedly win the WS for us. Also guarantee you Reddick will not single handedly lose the WS for us. Jesus Christ, Tucker might not even make the playoff roster.
tjack16
AG
I was 2-1 getting tickets in 2017 ... didn't get WS

Last year 1-1.

Got rejection email for this ALDS but we have a family event (scheduled for Aggie bye week) so I couldnt go anyways. Waiting for ALCS tickets
AggiEE
Philip J Fry said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I guarantee you that Tucker will not Singh's handedly win the WS for us. Also guarantee you Reddick will not single handedly lose the WS for us. Jesus Christ, Tucker might not even make the playoff roster.

The World Series is a game of inches. It isn't just about Tucker, it's having the most potent lineup starting. Tucker has already been the factor that caused us to win in a few games since he's been called up.

Reddick if he's called up will likely showcase his great playoff experience with abysmal batting stats, and yes, one of his strikeouts or routine bloop pop ups COULD be the reason we don't score in a critical situation causing us to lose a game. He goes O'fer quite regularly, and this season has been a total bust for him.

Farmer1906
AG
Philip J Fry said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

Team sport. We'll need the large majority contributing.

I'm all for giving us the best odds. Based on projections and a tiny sample Tucker is superior to Reddick.

First Page Last Page
Page 1077 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.