***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,777,585 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PSully97
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verlander and Cole.. 2 badasses right there !

Anounncers talking about which one will win the Cy Young!

mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
your basic Straw to Diaz to Tucker 6-4-3 DP.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This sure is fun.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is with all the dumbass whistling?
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alvarez (if he played a full 162) on pace for 56 hr 167 rbi's With an average above .300. Flat out ridiculous.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, I'm going out on a limb here and calling win 95 and a magic # of 8. I think that a safe call.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And NY beat BOS again. 5-0 this time. Its going down to the wire.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A lot of the focus will be on the hitting and rightly so, but Greinke silenced some of his critics tonight.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good take. I felt pretty confident he'd round back into form and tonight was a good start against a good lineup.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
28 and 2 against the AL west at home.

Poor Alrington and left coasters.
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
v
"They are going to fear when that helmet comes into town, because hell is coming with it."
Jimbo Fisher
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Missed it, but how did Tucker look at 1B?
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He didn't miss the throws to him. But honestly, no real tests
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
95-50. The remaining schedule, 17 games:
3 v A's
3 @ KC
2 v TX
3 v LAA
2 @ SEA
4 @LAA

11-6 for 106 wins. That has to be a minimum expectation at this point.

Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't look now, but Boston has lost 6 of their last 9 and are pretty close to being eliminated from the wild card race. 8.5 games back with 18 left to play. Even if Boston went 14-4, Oakland would have to go 6-13 for them to be tied at the end of the year,

I know Boston has struggled, but I'd still rather see any one of Oakland, Minnesota or Tampa Bay instead of the defending champs in the playoffs.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh yes, the Astros are going to blow past 105 wins
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that's why Dombrowski was fired and Cora may be too.

the Red Sox are the 2nd or 3rd most talented team in the AL, but will finish with the 7th best record
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're toast. Have been.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cora is safe this year.
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1900hurricane said:

Beat40 said:

mathguy86 said:

Statcast says Yordan went 429 and 416. The upper deck shot had a xBA of .890. Statcast is broken
He hit that ball 114 off the bat, so I wonder what the launch angle was on that. I didn't get to see the graphic on it. Do you know the launch angle?
36, which is pretty high for a home run.




Yeah, but didn't he hit the wall behind the upper deck? No fricken way that was only 416
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
here's the list of teams that have won 106 games or more in a season since the end of WWII:

1954 Indians (111)
1961 Yankees (109)
1969 Orioles (109)
1970 Orioles (108)
1975 Reds (108)
1986 Mets (108)
1998 Yankees (114)
1998 Braves (106)
2001 Mariners (116)
2018 Red Sox (108)
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6 of those 10 teams above won the World Series

2 lost in the World Series.

and perhaps interesting 2 of the more recent teams were upset in the playoffs: 98 Braves and 01 Mariners
Diyala Nick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 2001 Mariners. Wow.
Diyala Nick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will we see this lineup before the end of the regular season?

Springer
Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Brantley
Correa
Yuli
Chirinos
Tucker
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diyala Nick said:

The 2001 Mariners. Wow.

Some my call it a curse. Was the last year they were in the playoffs.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

1900hurricane said:

Beat40 said:

mathguy86 said:

Statcast says Yordan went 429 and 416. The upper deck shot had a xBA of .890. Statcast is broken
He hit that ball 114 off the bat, so I wonder what the launch angle was on that. I didn't get to see the graphic on it. Do you know the launch angle?
36, which is pretty high for a home run.




Yeah, but didn't he hit the wall behind the upper deck? No fricken way that was only 416
TK said it landed in the row right behind the small scoreboard on the facade up there....where the red dot is...

Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

95-50. The remaining schedule, 17 games:
3 v A's
3 @ KC
2 v TX
3 v LAA
2 @ SEA
4 @LAA

11-6 for 106 wins. That has to be a minimum expectation at this point.


Call the club office tomorrow and let them know.

Only expectation the team has is healthy bodies.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

mathguy86 said:

95-50. The remaining schedule, 17 games:
3 v A's
3 @ KC
2 v TX
3 v LAA
2 @ SEA
4 @LAA

11-6 for 106 wins. That has to be a minimum expectation at this point.


Call the club office tomorrow and let them know.

Only expectation the team has is healthy bodies.
I think the other expectation is home field advantage throughout the playoffs... but that's just me
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Easier said then done considering the damn Yankees remaining schedule:

3 @ Det
3 @ Tor

3 vs LAA
3 vs Tor

2 @ TB

3 @ Arlington
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

mazag08 said:


4. Trade Correa for huge prospect haul.

I am going to let another poster with more time on their hands explain why a lot of this makes absolutely zero cents
No team is stupid enough to give up top prospects for a guy who misses at least 50 games a year. When you're hurt for 50 games as a 22-year old, 50 games as a 23-year-old, and 73 games and counting as a 24-year-old, that suggest to most teams that you are going to be completely broken down by 27 or 28.

He puts up great numbers when he's healthy, but he's eligible for arbitration in 2020 and can become a free agent in 2022.

If he make it back for the last 2 weeks of the season, he'll finish with 20 HR and 60 RBI. I'd much rather have a SS that can give me 15 HR, 60 RBI and play a full season of solid SS than have to keep watching CC break down. Especially when you have to move mega-star Bregman to SS, which takes much more of a toll on his body than playing 3B does.

Correa is awesome, but he just can't stay on the field. And that makes him not worth millions of dollars. Use as much money as you can to try and get Cole to stay, and put a rookie at SS or find a plug-in. Our lineup hasn't been hurting much without CC.
John E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dlance said:

Philip J Fry said:

1900hurricane said:

Beat40 said:

mathguy86 said:

Statcast says Yordan went 429 and 416. The upper deck shot had a xBA of .890. Statcast is broken
He hit that ball 114 off the bat, so I wonder what the launch angle was on that. I didn't get to see the graphic on it. Do you know the launch angle?
36, which is pretty high for a home run.




Yeah, but didn't he hit the wall behind the upper deck? No fricken way that was only 416
TK said it landed in the row right behind the small scoreboard on the facade up there....where the red dot is...


Dont miss the lineup from that game. yikes
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ours isn't that much tougher. We have three left with Oak and they have two with TB. Other than that we both have it pretty easy. Tor played them pretty tough the last time they played too.
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fittingly we tied our HR record the day after breaking our 2B record and did not hit any 2B's today.

Also we are the first team (MLB history) to ever hit 6 HR's in the first two innings of a game