***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,585 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thankfully we had Tucker to save the day tonight yet again

He's s but part of the reason we've won the series
mwm
I am greedy. I want a sweep.
McInnis
AG
Kalas and Blummer couldn't figure out why the replay on Tucker's double was taking so long. Did anyone else think that West was looking for a reason to call fan interference?
AggiEE
Safe at Home said:

Kalas and Blummer couldn't figure out why the replay on Tucker's double was taking so long. Did anyone else think that West was looking for a reason to call fan interference?

He probably was. That call should have been pretty quick
titanmaster_race
AggiEE said:

Reddick has also risen from the OPS ashes and has been an asset instead of a liability the last week.
Mathguy64
AG
Well that was fun. And I am officially not the kiss of death.

Win 93, 19 left. I predicted 106 a month ago and that's looking right on target.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
AggiEE said:

He's a big part of the reason we've won the series
Yep. All the Tucker haters around here will probably still complain too. And they will continue to be on the wrong side of history. Everyone needs to take a step back and understand that we're witnessing something special with Kyle Tucker.
jkag89
mwm said:

Want to read 129 pages that are drenched in tears? Read the other board.
This thread was on page 129 way back in April. I know Arlington has not had the best of seasons, but they were still in the Wild Card hunt in mid-July. I guess Ranger fan knew how it was all going to end so decided not to invest too much into this season. Next year when they are in Minute Maid Park Part II their thread will certainly hit the 200 page mark, right?
W
AG
the broadcast crew said George will be back in the lineup tomorrow.

so if he plays in all remaining games...he'll finish with 124 games played.

that's not making things easy for the front office with regard to a new or extended contract
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

that's not making things easy for the front office with regard to a new or extended contract
Well... its more than Correa at least.
AggiEE
titanmaster_race said:

AggiEE said:

Reddick has also risen from the OPS ashes and has been an asset instead of a liability the last week.

competition is a good thing

hope they both keep doing well....and I hope Tucker makes the playoff roster
AggiEE
Dodgers lose again!
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

W said:

Well... its more than Correa at least.

Correa is consulting with A-Rod now so he's probably going to hop on the juice on the down low and be less prone to injury...he'll want to pump his numbers up going into free agency
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Looking into Tucker's few #s this year. His had hit is down, his K% is up, his BB% is down, and in xwOBA is down. Yet, we all seem to be happy with his production. It just speaks to how unlucky he was last year.
Farmer1906
AG
A name to remember.

agsquirrel97
AG
Bump

Braves thread was on top of ours, can't have that
Harry Dunne
W said:

Harper averaged 132 games a year in his 7 seasons for the Nats before the huge contract, including 3 seasons of 118 games or less.

George should end up averaging over 140 for the past 4 seasons. I don't think it's going to be an issue. He will also eventually transition full-time to corner OF and start DHing more, which will help a little bit.

I honestly don't think it's going to be an issue for Carlos either as long as he continues to produce when he is healthy and the injuries don't take a toll on his performance...and if he is healthy and performs in the playoffs. I mean we may not pay him, but somebody will.

Provided he continues to be the best SS in the game when he's healthy, it makes sense for the Yankees to overpay him like he's Cal Ripken, overpay someone else like Marwin to come fill in for his 40 games he misses and then have the best SS in the game + a great UT guy for the playoffs.
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
AgDoc03
AG
Farmer1906 said:

A name to remember.

Until he gets to the majors and sucks like Framber, Urquidy, etc. #amirite
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
AG
Harry Dunne said:

W said:

Harper averaged 132 games a year in his 7 seasons for the Nats before the huge contract, including 3 seasons of 118 games or less.

George should end up averaging over 140 for the past 4 seasons. I don't think it's going to be an issue. He will also eventually transition full-time to corner OF and start DHing more, which will help a little bit.

I honestly don't think it's going to be an issue for Carlos either as long as he continues to produce when he is healthy and the injuries don't take a toll on his performance...and if he is healthy and performs in the playoffs. I mean we may not pay him, but somebody will.

Provided he continues to be the best SS in the game when he's healthy, it makes sense for the Yankees to overpay him like he's Cal Ripken, overpay someone else like Marwin to come fill in for his 40 games he misses and then have the best SS in the game + a great UT guy for the playoffs.
Except in Correa's case he not missing 40 games a year. He is playing his 4th full season (obviously he started in mid season in his rookie year). His rookie year and next were basically every game. Then two years ago happened and he only played 109. When he played he was at full production. And last year he played 110 but was a shell of himself. His last 38 games after the injury were, well, we all watched it. He couldn't swing and rotate and everything was an attempt to go the other way. He was .180./.261/.256, 2 HR, 14R, 16 RBI. his wRC+ was like 45. It was worse than Tyler While level at the plate. Effectively he played at his normal production fo 70 games. This year he's only logged 72 and realistically might get 80 if he's healthy enough to get in the last week of the season.

The next two years for Carlos are really important. If you are signing healthy Carlos he's a game changer. If you are signing a guy who will spend half a season every year on the IL, well, buyer beware.
bearkatag15
AG

Mathguy64
AG
So a three man rotation, a throw Miley day and see what happens and then everyone else goes the next day.

Seriously though, this is in prep for the playoffs. You run JV, Cole, Greinke and the 4th is Miley to start with Framber or Urkeeding (whoever is on the roster) in the tandem roll a la LMJ/CFM.
BigPuma
AG
bearkatag15 said:

the 2nd bullpen game is probably going to be the 28th (2nd to last game of the season) if i did my bad maths right. If everyone stays healthy I think Verlander will pitch the last regular season home game at MMP
agsquirrel97
AG
I'd like to see bullpen day not immediately following (or proceeding) Miley day
mwm
De-throne King Felix.
Mathguy64
AG
That was fast. KK
SA-AG72
AG
9 pitches!
Mathguy64
AG
Fast again. KKK. This is an anti Framber/Miley start.
Mathguy64
AG
Good AB for Tucker. Last year he's flailing at those pitches.
W
AG
"hands of stone" Gordon
mwm
Thank you. We'll take that.
Mathguy64
AG
Thank you Dee Gordon. 2 free runs.
First Page Last Page
Page 1004 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.