Houston Astros. 2017 World Series Champs.

9,521 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieTFA06
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Native Houstonian
GEA89
AG
Went to my first game 45 years ago.

Die hard till the day I die, just glad I saw this.
Psych
AG
Cynical_Texan said:

Jaydoug said:

Native Houstonians. How many seasons under your belt?

44 here.
Born in Houston (49yrs) but am a Rangers fan... with that said.

Congratulations on your world series win... wish I knew what that was like (FU Nelson Cruz).

Astros have a bunch of dirt bags on their team and if you know the term, it's meant as a compliment.

Altuve and Gattis... very happy for these players, glad they got one in their later years.

Nice parting shot
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm just glad they'll get several over these next few years
GEA89
AG
Cynical_Texan said:

Altuve and Gattis... very happy for these players, glad they got one in their later years.

You do realize Altuve is 27 right?

halfastros81
AG
Quote:

Altuve and Gattis... very happy for these players, glad they got one in their later years

LOL. Altuve is 27. He could get 5 more.
LSU Baseball Fan
Not from Houston, or even Texas, but the Astros have always been the MLB team I support, being the closest to Baton Rouge. I fondly remember trips to the Astrodome with my dad as a kid.

I never thought the Astros or Saints would ever win, now they've both won titles in the last 10 years. Sports is funny.

It's not like this was some fluke either. We won over 100 games this season and went through three of the most historic franchises in baseball to win this title. What a season! So happy for this team.
BulldogAg
AG
I have 3 championships in my life. 94 and 95 Rockets. And 17 Astros! Now, if the Aggies could win one. But not sure if that will happen in my lifetime. Just glad to see my second love win a championship. My first love were the Oilers. Ugh.
jr15aggie
AG
When it comes to football, Dallas has my heart since birth, but Houston has always been my baseball team! Went to the Astrodome a few times as a kid... saw Mike Scott pitch and a very young Ken Caminiti (RIP) hit a monster home run. Really latched onto the team during my A&M years with Bagwell & the Killer B's.

This was a sweet victory!
Here4Beer
AG
Just read every post on this thread and it makes me so happy. Born in 1990 and some of my fondest childhood memories are running the bases at the Dome. I was at Game 4 in 2005 when we were swept and thought I may never get to see us win it in my life. Welp, 12 years later and it brings tears to my eyes thinking about the road/struggle to victory. Go Stros!
Nino Brown
Sat in the dugout for the first time in 1980. My father is a retired HPD officer and used to work the dugout. Joe Niekro gave me an autographed ball. 37 years
Ecce Homo
I'm 32 years old. I have lived in Houston my whole life and have been a fan since the first day I can remember. I grew up going to the Astrodome and watching Biggio, Bagwell, Caminiti, Finley, Gonzo, Reynolds, Hampton, Servais, Reynolds and Co.

I remember watching the 2005 world series from my Room as a Staff Butt in the Corps; and being so happy I could have a TV as a Junior; and then being pissed off as we were swept by the White Sox.

I never thought this would happen; I thought we would somehow lose every time the chips were down; as that's been my life as an Aggie Houstonian. Can't wait for next season already.

Cynical_Texan
AG
GEA89 said:

Cynical_Texan said:

You do realize Altuve is 27 right?

Nope, no parting shot. No idea how young he was, tells you how much I pay attention to the Astros.

I do know the Astros told him to beat it and he came back and got a job, so good for him.
Franz Joseph
I am 64. I listened to the Astros every night on the radio from 1964 to 1971.

It is amazing that we beat the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers, the most storied and successful teams in baseball.
turfman80
AG
50 years since attending my first Astros game, Grew up listening to Gene Elston and Loel Passe. What a feeling !!!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
tjack16
AG
I was born in 1993.... my first Astros game was in 1999.

My favorite was always Berkman and I even "tried" to be a switch hitter in Little league because he was. Key word there was tried
SECTAMU#1
36 Years

So happy for winning the first World Series for the Astros!
Tamu_mgm
AG
Go Astros!!
BCSGrubber
AG
34 years.

I remember Little League parades at the Dome. Being so excited when inter league play started in 1997 to get to go watch the Cleveland Indians when they had Thome, Manny Ramirez, and Matt Williams.

Ken Caminiti was my guy growing up. He signed a baseball for me when some store opened up across from West Oaks Mall which has since closed.

Was able to go to all the home games in 2004 playoffs. Loudest stadium I have ever been in was when Jeff Kent hit the homer in Game 5.

Astros went to the background at the end of Drayton's time and into the Crane years due to the TV deal.

Best part about getting back into step with the team has been taking the journey with my 6 year old. He loves the Astros and is a baseball nut just like I was when I was a kid.
hunter2012
AG
One of my favorite childhood pictures is sliding into home when they use to let kids run the bases after the games. 27 year fan even though I was raised in DFW and feel torn with the Rangers. Astros are my childhood team and the one I can't help but root for.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Went to my 1st game in the Dome in '70 as a three year-old. My attempts at saying "Cesar Cedeno" came out of my 3 year-old mouth as "Seahorse the Volcano". Thanks for a great 47 years, Astros!

P.S.: About 19 years ago, I got to sit next to Bob Watson on a flight. He was very friendly, and endured me talking with him about the '70s Astros teams. Hopefully I didn't irritate him too much, but it was awesome for me.
AR_Ag95
AG
Jaydoug said:

Native Houstonians. How many seasons under your belt?

44 here.

44.....42 that I remember!
Texaggie7nine
This is pretty bad ass

well poop. it won't embed the video...
7nine
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
21... went to my first game at 4 weeks old. Game 4 of the world series was my 100th game in person!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I pretended to be Glenn Davis or Glenn Wilson growing up
MadDog99
AG
I turn 40 in 5 days and this is the best early birthday present I could have ever asked for. I went to my first game around 1980, was an Astros Buddy in 1986. Had the pleasure of watching Mike Scott, Nolan Ryan, Glen Davis, Kevin Bass, Ken Caminiti, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt and so many more.

I've dealt with a lot of heartache with this team, but it made last night that much sweeter for me. So glad they were able to get one for the guys who worked so hard before them!
rocky the dog
AG
San Antonio fan here from the very beginning. I was 12 in 1962. This has been a long time coming, congratulations, Houston. I wish Gene Elston could have been there last night.
Johnsy3
AG
Born in 90, 27 years for me. Always wore #7 and played second base. Used to throw a ball to myself and hit it in the backyard for hours emulating each player's batting stance - Biggio, Bagwell, Alou, Ausmus were my favorites
irish pete ag06
AG
Grew up in NE Texas surrounded by Rangers fans. My dad always rooted for both when I was a kid, but he was partial to the Stros. Went to my first game in the Dome when I was about 3 or 4, it was one of my earliest memories.

This is really special to me because I was able to take my dad to 3 of the playoff games (he has MS and is in a wheel chair). Awesome memories, man.
AggiePhD
AG
Wasn't born in Texas but got there as fast as I could. Been waiting 39 years. I remember watching Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz!
TRL-Ag
32, God I love this team!
MAROON
AG
51 years since my first game in the Dome. We moved here from San Antonio when I was 4. Lived and breathed the Astros since then. Lots of highs and quite a few lows. Last night made it all worthwhile.
anaggieshusband
I got to Houston 43 years ago, we moved to B/CS a few years later, and I came back down here 20 years ago.
But, I have been following since the days of CRUUUUUUUUUUUZ, Garner, Ryan, Howe, Puhl, etc....And, I miss Milo
Agnzona
Btw this thread and playoff run have made me really miss the Astrodome. Isn't there some way to preserve it?
mazag08
AG
31 years. The year we finally do it of course my company relocated me to Ohio. I feel so far away right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.