Houston Astros. 2017 World Series Champs.

9,539 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieTFA06
Always_Right
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cried like a baby, fan since the age of 5......well worth the wait.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Fan since I was a kid. I loved watching Bagwell and Biggio. Was actually at the last game in the Dome. I can't believe this is finally here.
MallalieuAg
AG
I never thought I would see this day. I wish my father was still alive to enjoy this with me. He took me to my first Astro game in the Dome in 1969 against Willie Mays and the SF Giants.
flyingrob04
AG
Been a fan since I was a kid and the days of Jose Cruuuuuzzzzz! Glad to see the Stros win in my lifetime!
PLUM LOCO
AG
51 years, I thought this day would never come after the heartbreak of '86 and the 0-4 sweep in '05.

WAY TO GO 'STROS!
agcat
AG
Since I was 11. My parents let me skip school and took me to opening day 1962 at Colt Stadium - first major league game in Houston. Colt 45s won 11-2. Spangler, Aspromonte, Lillis, Roman Mejas. I was at the first game in the dome Exhibition game vs Yankees and saw Mantle hit the first homer right over the 406 sign in center. Also saw Don Wilson pitch his no no vs the Braves on a Sunday in 1967. Those were the highlights. Saw a ton of losses over the years. Didn't go to many games after I started college but was always a fan. Special night, no doubt about it.
Maximus Steelchest
40. Woohoo!!!
Cappy407
AG
flyingrob04 said:

Been a fan since I was a kid and the days of Jose Cruuuuuzzzzz! Glad to see the Stros win in my lifetime!

Same. Cruz and Glenn Davis were my favorite players growing up. That was a great team - Bill Doran, Kevin Bass, Mike Scott and Nolan Ryan. So happy these guys got it done tonight!!
Wizard
25 seasons.

Even as a toddler I remember going to my babysitter's who was a mid 50s Hispanic woman who was obsessed with the Astros. I used to pitch to her chair in her living room from in front of the coffee table which was the pitcher's mound. Love seat was first, couch was second, and lazy boy was third. Watched so many day games there pretending I was a player.

So incredibly thankful for tonight.
AustinAg2K
I was an Astro Buddy in the 80s. One of my earliest memories is lining up my baseball cards in batting order for game 6 against the Mets in 86. I was devastated that night. Losing Nolan Ryan was like ripping a kids heart out. The Killer Bs were my heros growing up in the 90s. I remeber Drayton McClane buying the team and all of the excitement when we signed Doug Drabek and Greg Swindell. After the strike, I went to the free game to try and win fans back. The Dome was like a second home for me. I thought 98 was our year after we got Randy Johnson, but it wasn't to be so. 05 was awesome, but after that Pujols homer the team just want the same. Suffering through the 100 loss seasons was awful, and the tv situation still isn't ideal, but it was all worth it for tonight. Now can we go back to the NL?
8T2
41 seasons. Moved here on April 4, 1977, just in time for Opening Day. Been a fan ever since.
agsalaska
AG
I grew up with HSE in Fort Worth in the 80s and we got probably 40 astros games a season. So I've been watching them my entire life though am a born Rangers fan. Moved to A&M then to Houston after I graduated in 2000. From 2000-2006 I probably went to 50-60 games. 2005 World Series was totally awesome. So my entire life, but especially since moving to College Station in 95
Maximus Steelchest
Used to love going to the dome to watch the Astros.
512Ag
AG
Waited 38 years for this.
Furlock Bones
AG
34 as of Monday.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
Bigballin
AG
Been waiting for this my whole life. Choked up right now. 32 seasons
I bleed maroon
AG
First game was in 1971 or 72, I think. It's been a long time coming! Love that it was over our long-time division foe, the Dodgers!
Wabs
AG
Fan since '75, that's a lot of dome dogs. Tears in my eyes still.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Cesar Cedeo, Bob Aspromonte, JR Richard, Don Wilson, Dennis Menke, John Bateman, Kevin Bass, Billy Hatcher, Bob Knepper, Larry Dierker. For all those guys from 1986.
FrioAg 00
AG
Started watching about 32 years ago. Grandpa was a huge fan (played minor leagues in his day) but he was too cheap to spring for cable.

So he'd come to our house to watch games on HSN. I'd sit at his feet and listen to old baseball stories for hours.
Your Mom And Them
Been waiting 44 years for this. Grew up in the Golden Triangle, but followed Houston sports since it was the nearest big city with professional sports. Fell in love with the Astros and Oilers growing up. First phone call after the final out was to my dad. He grew up watching the Buffs, then the .45's and now the Astros. We both just laughed and were like little kids at Christmas. I cried like a baby....happy, happy, happy tears.
Frok
AG
35 years waiting.

First championship with my wife. The 2005 Astros brought us together in a roundabout way.

AgPediRPh
AG
I lived in Houston from 97-01. Great memories of cheap seats at the Dome and Milo on the radio.

Congratulations to the lifelong fans and Astros diehards!
Evanhue
AG
52 years.
Went to the "8th Wonder of The World" when I was a little boy with my grandmother in1965 to see the Astros. She was a lifelong Astros fan and never missed a game on her radio.
Carlo4
AG
How so? Meet her at a game?
AggieJ2002
AG
Moved to Houston in '88 as an 8 year old and fell in love with the Astros at the Dome immediately .. 29 years .. Well worth the wait! Champs baby!!!!
W
AG
one of my first games was Dierker's no-hitter in 1976
rvk246
AG
19. This will be the first of many.
Frok
AG
PDEMDHC said:

How so? Meet her at a game?

She got into baseball because of the 2005 Astros. I met her in 2006 in February and our first conversation was an in depth talk about the Astros. She invited me to opening day 2006 and the rest is history.
Buck Compton
AG
27 years since my first Astros game... Just can't believe this finally happened.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
zgood10
wangus12
AG
Started following during the late 90s as a kid. So around 20
n_touch
Became an Astro buddy when we moved here in 81. 36 years of watching and hoping. Have now had the pleasure of doing it with my son and have loved every minute.
Beau Bevers
AG
1980 is the 1st season I remember. Listened to Gene Elston, then Milo, my whole childhood and thru college. Can't explain how much this means.
kb2001
AG
Moved from Dallas to Houston in 88, and my whole family are big Astros fans. We grew up with the game on the tv muted, and Milo on the radio. Astros are still my team even though I don't live there anymore.

My mom died 2 years ago, and I know she's smiling from above, she loved the Astros

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.