***** Official 2017 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

370,325 Views | 3985 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tjack16
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody want to go in on buying a full page in the Dallas Morning News congratulating Rougned Odor on his greater than MVP Season after Altuve wins tonight?
AstroAggie15
AG
Very Tolerant Nice Guy said:

Anybody want to go in on buying a full page in the Dallas Morning News congratulating Rougned Odor on his greater than MVP Season after Altuve wins tonight?
How much is it?
Prosperdick
AG
Guys, it's a super easy solution, they just need to lose 100 games for a few years and with all the high picks they will surely win a World Series within 2-3 years. I was told by ranger fans it was that easy and that the Astros shouldn't enjoy their championship because who wants to endure a few years of being terrible.
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
Farmer1906 said:

Ag2012 said:

Ag_07 said:

Good news for the Astros!!

Lock. His. Ass. Up.

Quote:

The Rangers will sit down with general manager Jon Daniels to discuss a contract extension in the near future, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Talks could begin prior to Thanksgiving, according to Grant, who suggests that the team intends ultimately intends to come to an agreement with Daniels on a new contract. Daniels' current three-year deal expires after the 2018 season.

Extending the winningest GM in franchise history who turned a garbage team into a back-to-back pennant winner, and one of the winningest GMs in baseball over the past decade. What a bunch of idiots.
You just finished 6 games under .500 and 23 games out of first. You traded away your ace midseason who is now a FA. You have no major plans to spend decent new money this year with a payroll approaching 110 M. Your young core is not all that good. Your best player will be 39 and either busted for roids and start to decline like all aging players do. You have one of the worst rotations in baseball. You have no bullpen. Your farm system is bottom 10 in the league even though you were sellers at the deadline. This is all done by the architect that is Jon Daniels. Things will not be significantly better next year or the one after that or the several after that. You're stuck in 83 wins or fewer zone unless you spend like NY & LA or rebuild.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
friscodick said:

Guys, it's a super easy solution, they just need to lose 100 games for a few years and with all the high picks they will surely win a World Series within 2-3 years. I was told by ranger fans it was that easy and that the Astros shouldn't enjoy their championship because who wants to endure a few years of being terrible.
I'm sure most of the lifelong Astros fans here were huge fans during this time.

Am I doing that right? Y'all have given the Rangers fans hell for being "Fans since 2010."
Ag_07
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Actually yes...Most of us here were around during those times.
AstroAggie15
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

friscodick said:

Am I doing that right? Y'all have given the Rangers fans hell for being "Fans since 2010."

Season ticket holder through the dark ages here
Prosperdick
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

friscodick said:

Been watching the Stros since the late 70's and we had plenty of lean years and during those stretches you look for signs of hope, young stars emerging but it's certainly not as fun as watching them win.

I just find it comical ranger fans stating they wouldn't want to endure several awful seasons in order to win a World Series as if the Astros were the first franchise to ever attempt it (and that it was so simple and easy)...they were saying this before the playoffs as I'm sure a defense mechanism in case we won.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

friscodick said:

I remember making the trip to Arlington in 2013 decked out in all of my Astros gear... I got laughed at and made fun of the entire game. I'd love to see those Rangers fans next season when I make the trip for opening weekend.
Lt. Joe Bookman
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Didn't have the channel they were on with the CSN thing, but went to a few games each season and always kept up with the score. You see, us Houston fans have loved this team since we were kids. Many Ranger fans discovered they had another sports team in the Metroplex around 2009 or so.

Prime example of this is my best friend, who is from Dallas. Wore Astros gear during college, but became a huge Rangers fan around that time. He'd come down to visit, and had to watch the game. This season, he couldn't tell you if they were even playing that day or not.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag_07 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Didn't have the channel they were on with the CSN thing, but went to a few games each season and always kept up with the score. You see, us Houston fans have loved this team since we were kids. Many Ranger fans discovered they had another sports team in the Metroplex around 2009 or so.

Prime example of this is my best friend, who is from Dallas. Wore Astros gear during college, but became a huge Rangers fan around that time. He'd come down to visit, and had to watch the game. This season, he couldn't tell you if they were even playing that day or not.
This is exactly the post I was looking for.

Thanks,
ClickClack
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

aTm2004 said:

Ag_07 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

This is exactly the post I was looking for.

Thanks,

You totally got him dude! Good one!
Carlo4
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Very Tolerant Nice Guy said:

How much is it?

I am amazed at the stupidity of Astros fans willing to do this. Just tweet the idea to McCullers or Reid Ryan.... they will fund it
Carlo4
AG
Kidding aside, congrats to Altuve! One hell of a career so far
bigcat22
AG
As a Ranger fan living in The Woodlands, Altuve deserved MVP. Behind Beltre, he is my current favorite player.
Ag2012
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag2012 said:

Ag_07 said:

Good news for the Astros!!

Lock. His. Ass. Up.

Quote:

The Rangers will sit down with general manager Jon Daniels to discuss a contract extension in the near future, reports Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. Talks could begin prior to Thanksgiving, according to Grant, who suggests that the team intends ultimately intends to come to an agreement with Daniels on a new contract. Daniels' current three-year deal expires after the 2018 season.

Extending the winningest GM in franchise history who turned a garbage team into a back-to-back pennant winner, and one of the winningest GMs in baseball over the past decade. What a bunch of idiots.
You just finished 6 games under .500 and 23 games out of first. You traded away your ace midseason who is now a FA. You have no major plans to spend decent new money this year with a payroll approaching 110 M. Your young core is not all that good. Your best player will be 39 and either busted for roids and start to decline like all aging players do. You have one of the worst rotations in baseball. You have no bullpen. Your farm system is bottom 10 in the league even though you were sellers at the deadline. This is all done by the architect that is Jon Daniels. Things will not be significantly better next year or the one after that or the several after that. You're stuck in 83 wins or fewer zone unless you spend like NY & LA or rebuild.
Rangers in the 12 seasons prior to Daniels' arrival
Average record: 80-82
Win %: 0.495
Playoffs: 3 appearances (1-9 record)

Rangers in Daniels' 12 seasons
Average record: 85-77
Win %: 0.524
Playoffs: 5 appearances, 2 pennants (20-22 record)

Daniels has won more AL pennants than the team had individual playoff game wins in the entire history of the franchise before his arrival, and he took the job as a 28 year old. I'm perfectly fine leaving the club in his hands.

No one knows how much money the team will spend this offseason. He could try to plug holes from the bargain bin or he could go hard after Arrieta, Darvish and/or Otani, and probably a CF. I think the most likely outcome is that we do go after those big ticket free agents, and if we get outbid then we go into rebuild mode. For all the bad breaks of the last year, and selling at the deadline, we were in the wildcard race right down to the last week of the season. It wouldn't take much to make this club a playoff team. The last time we finished 20+ games back of the division lead we won the division the next two years. **** happens in baseball and teams go up and down.

And GTFO with the unsubstantiated Beltre steroids bull***** By all accounts he's an outstanding person and the consummate professional. I don't think you want to be throwing stones from a glass house with Clemens and Bagwell plaques hanging on the walls.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag_07 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

That's pretty much the case any time a team goes to the championship. My timeline has been full of folks who suddenly care about baseball since the playoffs started and even more so during the WS. This Astros fans are real fans bs is just that.
Ag_07
AG
Fair enough but the statement he made was about us here.

Most of us HERE were around during the dark years.
aTm2004
AG
Where did I say there's not any bandwagon fans? Every team has them.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Correct but did atm's comment pertain to that? Not really. Just the same old tired line about "most" Rangers fans and his buddy who sounds like he doesn't really actually like baseball that much.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You didn't but that wasn't my point.
Farmer1906
AG
Was the point you talking about stuff that no one cares about while we 'stro fans enjoy our World Championship?
AstroAggie15
AG
Im moving for this thread to end effective immediately

Astros have won the world series, Rangers have never won a world series. Therefore, trash talking is pointless because one team is now officially historically better than there other.

A new thread would be created if the Rangers were to somehow win a WS and make trash talking relevant again.
irish pete ag06
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

No way all this arrogance from assblow fans comes back to bite them in the face.......No way.
Mathguy64
AG
crap. Wrong year.
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

If Jose Altuve had a brother named Jose Altuve who'd jacked off another dude in the locker room, yal wouldn't even talk about anything else.

Also, if Jose Altuve's brother, Jose Altuve, did that. He'd be way better at it then Rougned's brother, Rougned.

With opening day right around the corner I wanted this gem back on page 1.
Mr Gigem
AG
Welcome back everyone! Hope you all have an excellent Opening Day.

With that said... **** the Astros
Farmer1906
AG
I've turned over a new leaf. Arlington hasn't been a real threat for years and won't be for another several years. They're lovable losers to me. Good luck to yall this season.
mike_ags_fan12
Rangers show up to play today? Thought they had a game..
AstroAggie15
AG
tjack16
AG
AccidentProne said:

Welcome back everyone! Hope you all have an excellent Opening Day.

With that said... **** the Rangers

Well said
First Page Refresh
Page 114 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.