***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,332,435 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The All Star game determining World Series home field advantage is one of the biggest embarrassments in sports history
tjack16
AG
good Lord does anybody read.... I was talking about the "timing" of the change.
As in "It's just our luck that as soon as the advantage comes into play for us just happens to be the year the rule changes"

I wasn't talking about the rule itself.
The Milkman
AG
I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if we lost homefield advantage because of an exhibition game played in July where we had a couple guys play for a couple innings.
Aggie1205
AG
tjholley17 said:

what really sucks is that we should have home field advantage for this series.... but of course the MLB had to choose this season to change the "winner of the all star game hosts" rule

It's part of a giant conspiracy where MLB, the umps, the advertisers, the announcers, and the Bush weather machine all lined up against the Stros!
tjack16
AG
The Milkman said:

I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if we lost homefield advantage because of an exhibition game played in July where we had a couple guys play for a couple innings.
so you would be complaining if we had homefield advantage due to the All Star game and it resulted in us winning the world series at Minute Maid?
cablinaggie
AG
BowSowy said:

Cromagnum said:

Texas A&M said:

screw-tu said:

Benching Reddick tonight sends a bad long term message in my opinion. Don't see Hinch doing thst. He helped get us here. He can break out at any time. Always a plus defensively

Agreed... I could see sitting Reddick for one game in the middle of the series, but with just one game left you go with him.

Eff his feelings. Earn that paycheck or lose your spot.
So you'd rather Maybin (0.186 BA since joining us) or Fisher (0.212 BA) take his spot? It's not like we've got some ridiculously good bat sitting on the bench.
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/29/16040862/josh-reddick-houston-astros-unclutch-performance-3ac227ca7851

Besides the single vs. Kimbrel (and that was a hell of an at-bat, but c'mon that was two feet from being a weak ground out) I can't remember the last time I saw Reddick knock in a tying or go-ahead run (I could be wrong, just off the top of my head). I recall two Maybin game-winning HR's in the first week he joined the team.

We don't need a ridiculously great bat, just someone who can perform in a clutch situation, especially in front of the pitcher's spot.

The Milkman
AG
tjholley17 said:

The Milkman said:

so you would be complaining if we had homefield advantage due to the All Star game and it resulted in us winning the world series at Minute Maid?
No I'm saying the reverse. If we should have had homefield due to having the best record, but the old rule was still in effect and we didnt get it... then i'd be pissed
The Milkman
AG
I don't want any hate brought down on me for asking this question... but

If tonight goes the way it should... and we are sitting with our rightful crown... when do we think the parade would be? Friday?
tjack16
AG
Okay so it seems like y'all don't understand what my all star game post was saying.

I agree it was a STUPID rule.... I was saying that it sucks it got changed the year we made the world series.

I'll make a comparison. I loved that we joined the SEC ..... but it's ironic that the season we leave the Big 12 (2012) was the year that we probably would have won it. Does that mean the move to the SEC was bad and "it was a conspiracy" ... no.... it's just funny timing.

Maybe that's a bad comparison, but I was just talking about how ironic the timing was.
testosterbone
AG
The Milkman said:

If tonight goes the way it should... and we are sitting with our rightful crown... when do we think the parade would be? Friday?
wtf...why???
Sex Panther
AG
I understand exactly what you were saying. And yes its unfortunate with the timing. That's life...

I and others were just commenting how god awful a rule it was
Sapper Redux
Lifetime Red Sox fan, and I know that makes my opinion worthless to some of you, but I've really enjoyed watching the Astros play and hope they can pull it off tonight. Good luck!
The Milkman
AG
I'm not making any plans! I'm just... curious...
Farmer1906
AG
I can't believe someone actually liked the AS game rule.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I can't believe someone actually liked the AS game rule.
I don't really even know how somebody came up with it in the first place. Better overall record should be the obvious way to decide it.... but apparently MLB thought it was a great idea until this year.
agproducer
AG
Good God! I cannot concentrate today. I have Game 7-itis!
Ag_07
AG
The Milkman said:

Even if you want to know why would post that question?
mwm
Posting just because the cubbies thread should not be above the 'stros thread...
diehard03
Quote:

Posting just because the cubbies thread should not be above the 'stros thread...

that's current reigning world series champion Cubbies, to you, sir.
JABQ04
AG
Sadly I have to work tonight, but I'm wearing the same Astros T-shirt under my FRC coveralls I wore for Game 5 and watching it on the same tiny ass phone with the same people we watched ALCS games 6 and 7 on. Let's get this!
aTm2004
AG
The Milkman said:

ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
JABQ04
AG
Also do r forget the free Taco courtesy of Cameron Maybin!! Today only 2-6pm
mwm
Here's to looking at diehard03...in the rear view mirror.
screw-tu
Its Not Rocket Surgery said:

Lighter fluid? Hopefully!

Kenley Jansen Mocks Houston Astros Game 7 Chances

Most definitely needs to be in the clubhouse. The way we've hit Jansen you'd think he'd STFU
NotGibbs
Same lineup
Buck Compton
AG
That Jansen article makes me feel so much better about tonight. I think we're in the right mental frame of mind.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
JABQ04
AG
NotGibbs said:

Same lineup

**** it. Let's do it.
mwm
How's your vacation?
n_touch

"Take fear from bats."

This little guy will be sitting by the tv tonight.
Ag_07
AG
Mac?!?!?

gigemJTH12
AG
I have seen a lot of negative feelings about this game on social media...I just have something I want to say.

- Houston overcame 3 significant injuries to All Stars to win the division by 20 damn games

- Houston overcame a 3-2 lead in game 4 in Boston against Sale and Kimbrel to win the damn ALDS

- Houston overcame a 3-2 series lead to NYY after three miserable performances to win the damn ALCS

- and most importantly...Houston overcame 50 damn inches of rain from Harvey and we are still kicking ass as much as ever.

WE LIVE FOR OUR BACKS BEING AGAINST THE WALL.

GAME 7 AINT ***** LETS ****ING GO.

boys, there's only one thing left to do.

03_Aggie
Ag_07 said:

Mac?!?!?

Well we know it isn't Big Papi.
iBrad
AG
Timing of the home field advantage rule change was a little unfortunate, but it's a positive change, so I can't complain.

Now the Dodgers $265M payroll is a little ridiculous. Baseball has long needed a salary cap. The Dodgers have made some bad signings that they are still paying for. In what would cripple most clubs, they just keep tacking on additional salary. It would be nice to see bad signings hurt everyone. They've invested a lot in this World Series run, including over $100M going to guys not contributing, or in some cases, not even on the team anymore.
Beat40
screw-tu said:

Its Not Rocket Surgery said:

Lighter fluid? Hopefully!

Kenley Jansen Mocks Houston Astros Game 7 Chances

Most definitely needs to be in the clubhouse. The way we've hit Jansen you'd think he'd STFU
That's why I said this earlier today...

My first hope is that we win 12-0 or any other lead which we can consider safe.

If we can't do that, my next hope is Bregman giving us the lead by hitting a bomb off Jansen in the 9th and running around the bases yelling "no shot" the entire way.
annie88
AG
My tummy is upset.

But let's go boys.
First Page Last Page
Page 1586 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.