***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,098 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Satellite of Love said:

third coast.. said:

Cromagnum said:

Dbag of the year, or real MVP of the stands?

He's a ****ing hero. Those people were cheering a ****ing la home run
Turned out dbag is the broseph-in-law of the chick he grabbed the ball from. I still can't believe people at MM throw back home runs. We aren't the Cubs and pathetic tiddy babies. Keep the ball and enjoy the souvenir.

aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Collard Greens said:

Just going to say it to get it out of the way but reddick is going to come up but in game 7

He might be the only one there. We want to close it out in 6.

Well he has looked lost all postseason
Wizard
Advantage the Astros, IMO.

We have JV on the bump and the dodgers are an uppercut swing path team.
Nino Brown
Careers don't recover from moments like this.

maca1028
I can't believe that the team I've been following since I was 7 is one win away from its first WS championship. The Astros were my first love as a sports fan, even before the Ag's, this is unreal!
Furlock Bones
AG
as soon as he swung before it even connected i knew it was gone. if you watch the slow mo replay, you can tell Springer knew he was taking that one yard before he connected.
Furlock Bones
AG
also, remember when the talk was about how we signed Gurriel mostly because we were trying to get his younger brother as well?
BowSowy
AG
1 win away, fellas.
wangus12
AG
maca1028 said:

I can't believe that the team I've been following since I was 7 is one win away from its first WS championship.
Same. My grandfather was a massive Astros fan since their inception and it was basically the only professional sports team my family watched growing up.
HossAg
AG
Today is gonna be rough
Post removed:
by user
TraditionsPD
AG
That guy is my neighbor.
Texas A&M
Hopefully we can finish it out.

I remember going to a playoff game in 1980 as a kid. While I've never been a traditional die-hard fan, this one feels like it will mean more to me and the city as a whole than the Rockets titles in the 90's.
TrillOBrien
AG
Satellite of Love said:

third coast.. said:

Cromagnum said:

Dbag of the year, or real MVP of the stands?

He's a ****ing hero. Those people were cheering a ****ing la home run
Turned out dbag is the broseph-in-law of the chick he grabbed the ball from. I still can't believe people at MM throw back home runs. We aren't the Cubs and pathetic tiddy babies. Keep the ball and enjoy the souvenir.
only pathetic tiddy babies are more concerned with grabbing a home run ball than seeing their team win. Throwing the ball back in was the correct (and funny) thing to do
GoneForGood
SoupNazi2001 said:

Man these are two really good teams. I don't think the pitching on either side has been bad although the walks killed both teams last night. But these are just the two best offenses in baseball right now which are playing as advertised. Both teams don't give up and have delivered clutch hit after clutch hit. I respect the Dodgers, they are a gritty bunch as well. Two powerhouses and I selfishly want to see it go 7.

GTFOH with that s***. Close this b***ch out tomorrow!
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Texas A&M said:

I remember going to a playoff game in 1980 as a kid. While I've never been a traditional die-hard fan, this one feels like it will mean more to me and the city as a whole than the Rockets titles in the 90's.
Probably since you're now an adult and can understand the sport more than a kid. Also, watching the team suck to get to this point makes it worth it.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
htownag08
AG
Was there last night with my Dad. Greatest sporting experience of my life. That will be hard to top. Just amazing and the energy in that building could not be contained.
Ecce Homo
1 more win and I'm buying 10 of you fellas hats.
halfastros81
AG
This will be the 50th yr since I attended my first Astros game. Iv'e been waiting for a World Series Championship for a long time .Bring it on home boys!!!!!!
Nino Brown
My class was supposed to take their Nutrition test tomorrow. I moved it to today because I don't feel like talking to them today. Open notes, good luck guys!
BowSowy
AG
Nino Brown said:

My class was supposed to take their Nutrition test tomorrow. I moved it to today because I don't feel like talking to them today. Open notes, good luck guys!
Wtf, I'd hate you
CreedBratton
Wabs said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

100-2, bltch.
Is the 1 the Astros from last night? Or was the record 100-1 coming into last night and we made it 100-2?

We made it 100-2. Buster sent that tweet before 9:00 PM, so the game still had another 4 more hours before Bregman ended it
The Milkman
AG
Ecce Homo said:

I'm still bitter I was late to seeing that
Hulla Baller
AG
Ags #1
AG
Is there a way to watch the replay online?
Nino Brown
SoupNazi2001 said:

Texas A&M said:

Rockets titles were awesome as well. Remember choke city to clutch city. That put to rest for awhile all the amazing chokes in our Houston sports city. Back to back as well as a #6 seed the second year.
I met Dream when he was around 19 at Hofheinz when I was around 6 years old. Also having a retired HPD father I sat in the dugout at the Dome several times as a kid. Nothing will ever compare to seeing Dream finally when his two rings. Having said that, this damn Stros organization deserves this and Houston is a better place when baseball is good.
aTm2004
AG
Ecce Homo said:

7th star...just saying.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
irish pete ag06
AG
My usual caffeine intake per day is going to be doubled.
agsquirrel97
AG
My random and incoherent thoughts on last night, and any single one of these things would have been something I talked about for the next week.

Bregman gets the best AB's, he absolutely battles his ass off with a short compact swing, so fast through the zone. Literally Love this man.

Altuve practically hitting the gas pump - that was a grown man hit. I literally love this man.

Correa with the 6 second homerun - it was like Carlton Fisk waving it fair, no one knew if it was gone or not. I literally love this man.

Yelling at Springer before his at bat to atone with a walk, DO NOT SWING OUT OF YOUR SHOES! I still can not convince my wife that his ball did not inadvertently set off the firework, what a shot. I literally love this man.

I don't bang a lot of pots, but I was so pissed at the pinch run for McCann. With 2 outs I was convinced that was the move that would ultimately cost us the game. Never been so happy to be wrong.

ONE MORE BABY!!!!

agsquirrel97
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I cried watching this.

I LITERALLY LOVE THIS TEAM

(minus the BP)
Frok
AG
Verlander legend adds the final and definitive chapter tomorrow night.

Ag12thman
AG
maca1028 said:

I can't believe that the team I've been following since I was 7 is one win away from its first WS championship. The Astros were my first love as a sports fan, even before the Ag's, this is unreal!
Mine, too. It was Astros, then Cowboys (no longer near as much of a fan as I used to be - too much drama and too much Jerry Jones), Aggies.

Now it's..

1. Aggies (All Sports)
2. Astros
3. Rockets
4. Texans
scoodogg
AG
bobinator said:

Baseball!!! A Michael Bay Film.
First Page Last Page
Page 1513 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.