***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,878 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

We saw Darvish twice this year.

June 2nd
5 IP, 7 Hits (McCann, Altuve, Gurriel all with doubles), 3 Runs, 8 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR (Correa), L

June 12th
7 IP, 1 Hit (Correa with a double), 1 Run, 4 SO, 3 BB, 0 HR, W
I was at this game... its when DARRRRRSHHHHHH was born.

My buddy already greeted me this morning in our group text with a Daaaaaarrrrssshhhh
astros4545
AG
Does Beltran get the start at DH tonight?
WES2006AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Prices seem to be dropping slightly. You can get a seat for $604 after fees.
That's a pretty big drop from where prices were Sunday and Monday.
BMX Bandit
against Right-hander, I'd assume Beltran is in the lineup

Buck Compton
AG
Anyone who is worried about McCullers should re-think things. We always say we don't know which LAnce we are going to get... Well look in the playoffs, even in 2015 against the Royals.

On the big stage, you get the big Lance. 6.2 IP, 2R, 4H, 2BB tonight is my prediction. And you would take that right now if it was guaranteed.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Mr.Bond
AG
Went by DSG. Had a ton of fitted WS patch hats. No low crown
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

jckrjr7
AG
WES2006AG said:

Farmer1906 said:

Prices seem to be dropping slightly. You can get a seat for $604 after fees.
That's a pretty big drop from where prices were Sunday and Monday.
This almost always happens. I got in to Game 2 vs the Yankees for $130 about 25 rows up from 3rd base because I bought 45 minutes before the game. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a seat for $500 if you're watching stubhub/seatgeek etc all day.
coop-aero-06
AG
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's a great piece from Wright Thompson about the city.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21177825/houston-astros-world-series-run-momentous-occasion-their-city-survivors

Quote:

There's no place like Houston, the most American city in the world, really, with all the good and bad that conveys. Like Memphis, its music is not just entertainment but a moan and wail from the guts of the place: dirty sounds like ZZ Top and DJ Screw and Albert Collins, soulful country like Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett. What other city could produce both Beyonce and Kenny Rogers? Listening to 97.1, the classic country station, while driving near the edge of town, always makes me feel like the radio isn't playing in the car but rather in the sky. Glen Campbell's "Galveston" might be about Vietnam, or about the Civil War, or the Crusades. Houston is a city that shakes off easy attempts, such as this one, to define it, the kind of place where, after living such big American lives, people as divergent as Howard Hughes and Lightnin' Hopkins can find their final resting place, just a few miles apart.

Quote:

Houston is, most of all, a city of survivors, which gives the city its energy but also infuses everything with a hardness -- or sadness, as Long Chu describes it -- some sort of understanding that life is a tragedy broken up by moments of joy and light. When people call a city tough, or gritty, or "Clutch City," as the T-shirts call Houston, that's what they're talking about: a civic understanding of both the game and the score, like when the local team plays a World Series game and an entire area code just stops.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ok I'm lost. What's up with the dilly dilly? I know it's a bud light commercial
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Texaggie7nine
Mr.Bond said:

Ok I'm lost. What's up with the dilly dilly? I know it's a bud light commercial
It sounds cool and people like saying it.
7nine
gougler08
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's a great piece from Wright Thompson about the city.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21177825/houston-astros-world-series-run-momentous-occasion-their-city-survivors

Quote:

There's no place like Houston, the most American city in the world, really, with all the good and bad that conveys. Like Memphis, its music is not just entertainment but a moan and wail from the guts of the place: dirty sounds like ZZ Top and DJ Screw and Albert Collins, soulful country like Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett. What other city could produce both Beyonce and Kenny Rogers? Listening to 97.1, the classic country station, while driving near the edge of town, always makes me feel like the radio isn't playing in the car but rather in the sky. Glen Campbell's "Galveston" might be about Vietnam, or about the Civil War, or the Crusades. Houston is a city that shakes off easy attempts, such as this one, to define it, the kind of place where, after living such big American lives, people as divergent as Howard Hughes and Lightnin' Hopkins can find their final resting place, just a few miles apart.

Quote:

Houston is, most of all, a city of survivors, which gives the city its energy but also infuses everything with a hardness -- or sadness, as Long Chu describes it -- some sort of understanding that life is a tragedy broken up by moments of joy and light. When people call a city tough, or gritty, or "Clutch City," as the T-shirts call Houston, that's what they're talking about: a civic understanding of both the game and the score, like when the local team plays a World Series game and an entire area code just stops.

Wright Thompson always has really good articles
Mookie
AG
I think Good lance this year was built on confidence and experience. He had it at the beginning, not so much after the injury, especially the confidence piece.

After game 7, he has the confidence
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Really great read. Thanks for sharing.
BMX Bandit

Quote:

. It's one of the most diverse cities in the country, and not in that smug Ivy League way, but in a real way, where working men and women from all over the country and world fight to carve out a little piece of a new life. It's an immigrant city. Beneath a downtown office building, there's a simple, busy food court: a Chinese dumpling house, a Vietnamese sandwich shop, an Indian place serving Mumbai and Delhi street food favorites, a shop selling Italian meatballs.
bobinator
AG
gougler08 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

Wright Thompson always has really good articles

He's the best there is at hanging out somewhere or with someone for a while and seeing the whole picture. His Tiger Woods story is still one of the best sports pieces I've ever read.

His piece on Manziel was awesome, even if hard to read in pieces, especially in retrospect.
AgDC
CoachRTM
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

. It's one of the most diverse cities in the country, and not in that smug Ivy League way, but in a real way, where working men and women from all over the country and world fight to carve out a little piece of a new life. It's an immigrant city. Beneath a downtown office building, there's a simple, busy food court: a Chinese dumpling house, a Vietnamese sandwich shop, an Indian place serving Mumbai and Delhi street food favorites, a shop selling Italian meatballs.

I just picked up those meatballs for lunch!
NotGibbs
I could be wrong, but I think DeAndre actually has a stros tattoo
YellAg2004
AG
NotGibbs said:

I could be wrong, but I think DeAndre actually has a stros tattoo
Yep, although I'm sure it's more for Houston, than the Astros in particular

TrillOBrien
AG
NotGibbs
How did this not get noticed earlier?

Ag_07
AG
Blummer is the man. Used to despise the guy with his frosted tips

Met him at the Saint Arnold bar prior to ALCS Gm 1. He was nice enough to give a handshake and say hey.

Also heard him on 790 yesterday afternoon and didn't realize him and Hinch were so close. Apparently Hinch consulted with him before taking the job here.
Prosperdick
AG
NotGibbs said:

That. Is. Awesome.
Ecce Homo
NotGibbs said:

NotGibbs
I first bumped him outside of one of the nose bleed sections (no idea why he was way up there) that same night, and he dropped a "let's kick their ass".

Definitely prefer him in the booth than on the field
Ag_07
AG
NotGibbs said:

And on a completely random tangent...Who's water bottle is that? It's not a bat boy's is it? Because I don't see a ball boy anywhere near there.

What would the ruling be if a ball is fair and then bounces off that thing?

I know random question but it caught my eye and got me to thinking.
astros4545
AG
They would rule it a single at best if Mookie Betts was there
Diggity
AG
Quote:

A third guy, standing at the bar, says he just feels hopeless -- not about the game so much as everything. "It's just one of those nights," he says. "I have existential dread. Just end it now. With the rest of my misery."

Pretty cool that he interviewed cone for the article
Hulla Baller
AG
It is probably Puig's. I assume he would do something like that.
Mathguy64
AG
When he threw his glove I thought he threw it at the ball. I was screaming "that's 3 bases!!!" At the dog.
titanmaster_race
Bregman getting a double while Puig is having a good ol' roid-rage meltdown.

Makes me feel warm and tingly inside.
maca1028

This would be pretty cool.
cone
AG
I live within all of you.

You know it to be true.
MelvinUdall
cone said:

I live within all of you.

You know it to be true.

Wet f***ing blanket.
irish pete ag06
AG
astros4545 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

We saw Darvish twice this year.

June 2nd
5 IP, 7 Hits (McCann, Altuve, Gurriel all with doubles), 3 Runs, 8 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR (Correa), L

June 12th
7 IP, 1 Hit (Correa with a double), 1 Run, 4 SO, 3 BB, 0 HR, W
I was at this game... its when DARRRRRSHHHHHH was born.

My buddy already greeted me this morning in our group text with a Daaaaaarrrrssshhhh
I want to be in a group text with this guy or at least follow him on snapchat or something. Dude was the best annoying other team fan I've ever witnessed!
First Page Last Page
Page 1354 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.