***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,914 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again, bullpens will have to pitch in the World Series. No bullpen is immune. Our guys are going to have to come in and execute. They probably will give up something. But we showed we can come back if needed / continue to generate offense. Relax and enjoy the rest of the World Series.
Ag_07
AG
Well said

And honestly if I were a Dodger fan I'd be extremely worried about that BP. I think what happened to them in Game 2 could easily have a carry over effect. They were invincible and now they have doubt.

Could see that snowballing
cone
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Guys I'm nervous as hell about this weekend. I'm nervous about lance tonight and whether we will get good or bad lance. I'm worried in similar fashion about Morton tomorrow, and most importantly I'm worried about how the bullpen will be forced to pitch a bunch of meaningful innings.
same
YellAg2004
AG
All this pitching talk is pointless since the bats are going to go off in the juice box. Much easier to make pitching decisions when you have a 5-run lead.
rosco511
AG
Ag_07 said:

Well said

And honestly if I were a Dodger fan I'd be extremely worried about that BP. I think what happened to them in Game 2 could easily have a carry over effect. They were invincible and now they have doubt.

Could see that snowballing
No doubt the Dodgers bullpen was due for a regression to the mean. I think their ERA was something like 0.86 for the postseason before the other night. No bullpen is that good, so only a matter of time before some damage would be done. Let's just hope there is more damage to be done.
NotGibbs
More than anything, I'm curious how we'll look against Darvish. Obviously we've seen him a lot, so hopefully we come out of the gates strong
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Guys I'm nervous as hell about this weekend. I'm nervous about lance tonight and whether we will get good or bad lance. I'm worried in similar fashion about Morton tomorrow, and most importantly I'm worried about how the bullpen will be forced to pitch a bunch of meaningful innings
MOAR AND MOAR RUNS NEEDED
iBrad
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Guys I'm nervous as hell about this weekend. I'm nervous about lance tonight and whether we will get good or bad lance. I'm worried in similar fashion about Morton tomorrow, and most importantly I'm worried about how the bullpen will be forced to pitch a bunch of meaningful innings.
I'm more worried about Yu. Even though we've faced him a lot, including twice this year, he tends to pitch well against us (especially at MMP), inducing a lot of weak grounders. I think we'll need some grounders to find a hole and set the table for a big swing from someone. Unless he's just off, I don't expect to string a lot of quality hits together off of Yu.

The other thing we need to do is be patient and let Yu get his pitch count up. I think we're more equipped to handle the Dodgers pen than we are a pitcher like Yu. Also, after Roberts was criticized for pulling Hill too soon, maybe he leaves Darvish in too long and we can benefit from that.

Of course, it's playoff baseball, so who knows what will happen.
NotGibbs
Is tonight a 7:20 start or does that kick in later this serit's? AtBat is showing 7:00 for all remaining games, but I know they pushed back first pitch for at least some of the games
ClickClack
AG
I kid you not two club level seats for tonight just appeared on StubHub for $100 each and then were sold instantly before I could process them.
Ag_07
AG
Someone made a BIG mistake
Farmer1906
AG
We saw Darvish twice this year.

June 2nd
5 IP, 7 Hits (McCann, Altuve, Gurriel all with doubles), 3 Runs, 8 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR (Correa), L

June 12th
7 IP, 1 Hit (Correa with a double), 1 Run, 4 SO, 3 BB, 0 HR, W
JABQ04
AG
ClickClack said:

I kid you not two club level seats for tonight just appeared on StubHub for $100 each and then were sold instantly before I could process them.

Funny story, my boss posted his ALCS tickets for what he thought was 175 a piece. Ended up ****ing it up in his lack of sleep haze and posted them for 17.50 a piece. I got a pretty good laugh and told him hell, I would have bought them for 20 a piece.
Farmer1906
AG
ClickClack said:

I will be F5ing the **** out of stub hub now.
ClickClack
AG
I keep F5'ing thinking maybe another ticket gift will appear.
Beat40
mathguy86 said:

Hinch and Roberts both adhere to the concept that you dont want a pitcher seeing a lineup third time through. Roberts seems to do it religiously. Hinch seems more flexible, especially with Keuchel and Verlander. Morton he is really strict about it. My guess is Lance will be on a very tight leash on that third time through. Tomorrow is almost certainly a tandem start. Today may be. And that idea is a big difference between Roberts and Hinch. Roberts just runs BP arms out Hinch and the Astros are more likely to go the tandem route I think. And they have arms in McHugh and Peacock (and even Musgrove) who are stretched out enough to do that.
This is where I think the Astros' philosophies shine through and set us up for success.

For a game like game 4 in this series or game 7 in the Yankees series, most of our pitchers are used to the tandem starts since they have had to do it in the Astros minor league system. Even if we do not intend for the game to be a tandem start, our guys that have come up in the system are ready to do it. I think there is some advantage to that.

Now, in the late innings, we definitely are going to have to rely on Musgrove, Devo, Harris, and Giles. I can roll with that.
DVC2010
AG
I'm a little concerned at what Darsh may be able to do with a real pitching coach. Won't matter; Lance is going to be unreal tonight.
Beat40
iBrad said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm more worried about Yu. Even though we've faced him a lot, including twice this year, he tends to pitch well against us (especially at MMP), inducing a lot of weak grounders. I think we'll need some grounders to find a hole and set the table for a big swing from someone. Unless he's just off, I don't expect to string a lot of quality hits together off of Yu.

The other thing we need to do is be patient and let Yu get his pitch count up. I think we're more equipped to handle the Dodgers pen than we are a pitcher like Yu. Also, after Roberts was criticized for pulling Hill too soon, maybe he leaves Darvish in too long and we can benefit from that.

Of course, it's playoff baseball, so who knows what will happen.
I'm with you - I'm worried about Yu also. Dude can pitch lights out when he's on and has done it to the Astros multiple times. I'm hoping for the same as you - when a guy is one base due to a walk, I'm hoping for the big swing.

I'd like to see Yu out in the 4th inning
agsquirrel97
AG
Just scored a ticket in 105 for tonight!

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Ag_07
AG
I'm certain of a couple things.

MMP will be absolutely nuts and we'll see an inordinate amount of fist pumps and stirrin it up from Lance.

It's gonna be a good time inside MMP tonight.
titanmaster_race
agsquirrel97 said:

Did you text strip ball 5?
ClickClack
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Sat there for ALCS. Good seats!
titanmaster_race
When we get guys on base tonight, there will be lots of stolen bases. Even McCann stole a bag against this guy. He's incredibly slow to the plate and not great at holding runners.
Texaggie7nine
ClickClack said:

Or just retracted.
7nine
cone
AG
imo Yu Game 3 is the last starting pitching matchup where the Astros are at least going into the game significantly outclassed

Morton v. Wood

Kershaw is great, but you get him at home and you have Keuchel

Verlander

Game 7 would have Yu again, but the Astros would have to be more flexible in a tight game and Game 7 would be nuts so let's just not even think about that right now

if you get to Yu tonight, you're sitting pretty
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We saw Darvish twice this year.

June 2nd
5 IP, 7 Hits (McCann, Altuve, Gurriel all with doubles), 3 Runs, 8 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR (Correa), L

June 12th
7 IP, 1 Hit (Correa with a double), 1 Run, 4 SO, 3 BB, 0 HR, W
I was at this game... its when DARRRRRSHHHHHH was born.
spadilly
S
Speaking of StubHub, I kid you not, I logged on about an hour ago just to see prices for tonight.
24 tickets over two sections in the 400s were all listed at $58 each. I thought I was seeing things wrong. Clicked on them (tried several) to buy them but they said they were already sold. I'm heartbroken.

But not as heartbroken as whoever screwed up and posted them for $58 each instead of $580 each. Today is going to be a very bad day for that person. Yikes.
ClickClack
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

ClickClack said:

Or just retracted.

Said they were sold.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm nervous also, but crap we should all be nervous, even if they were starting a rag arm guy. It's the playoffs. It's 1 game. It's a small sample. Literally, ANYTHING can happen. When you reduce baseball to a small sample it is pure chaos, man! Pure AWESOME chaos.

I love it.
tjack16
AG
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/carlos-correa-astros-houston-playoffs/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=kw&utm_campaign=RSS&kwp_0=559819&kwp_4=2017481&kwp_1=842883

Awesome article from Carlos
Beat40
irish pete ag06 said:

I'm nervous also, but crap we should all be nervous, even if they were starting a rag arm guy. It's the playoffs. It's 1 game. It's a small sample. Literally, ANYTHING can happen. When you reduce baseball to a small sample it is pure chaos, man! Pure AWESOME chaos.

I love it.
I agree - love it. So glad to be nervous and watching my team than watching two other teams!
Beat40
tjholley17 said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/carlos-correa-astros-houston-playoffs/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=kw&utm_campaign=RSS&kwp_0=559819&kwp_4=2017481&kwp_1=842883

Awesome article from Carlos
And the one below from Beltran was good too!
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
I'm curious what tickets that people originally priced too high or something look like after the game has started, or if there even are any?
Farmer1906
AG
Prices seem to be dropping slightly. You can get a seat for $604 after fees.
agsquirrel97
AG
titanmaster_race said:

agsquirrel97 said:

Did you text strip ball 5?
I chickened out since he just blew his WS debut, I did ask him if it was cool if I jumped down in the bullpen tonight, of course he will have to open the door or I will just have to run around the field dodging security.

It will be like the old school clip where they all chase the squirrel around the outfield.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
First Page Last Page
Page 1353 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.