***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,308,336 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Petsmart had jerseys for dogs, so they might. It's not something I would ever purchase, but I can't be held responsible for what my fiancee does.

CFTXAG10
AG
Went to the Academy in Pasadena off BW8 around lunchtime and they had plenty of gear. Was looking for the world series hat they had on when they clinched but couldn't find it. Bought a H-Star blue and orange instead with the world series logo on the side.
E
AG
haha! I wouldnt purchase one either, but I will put $5-$10 in for a bandana...
03_Aggie
CFTXAG10 said:

Went to the Academy in Pasadena off BW8 around lunchtime and they had plenty of gear. Was looking for the world series hat they had on when they clinched but couldn't find it. Bought a H-Star blue and orange instead with the world series logo on the side.

Damnit that's what I'm looking for! I went to the one at 59/Kirby and they had the locker room hats.
Prosperdick
AG
I really like the fact that we've had to face adversity and our bats going completely cold and figuring out a way to crawl out of it. The Dodgers haven't had to do that (at least not in the playoffs, which is a completely different animal than the regular season).

I'm not making any predictions but I do like the Dodger players saying the Santa Ana winds can start launching balls out of that park and we have the best ground ball pitcher in the game going tonight.
spadilly
S
Hit the team shop at MMP. Went yesterday after work and they have about six different shirt designs, tons of pullovers/sweaters, and the official WS hats. Plus tons of hats with the WS patch, but no low profile ones yet.
WES2006AG
AG
I went to MMP yesterday to buy a low profile hat with the WS patch. They had a million of the regular hats and no low profile in sight. I talked to a few of the inbreds that we're working and they had no idea. Ordered online and don't expect to see it for a few weeks.
byfLuger41
AG
spadilly said:

Hit the team shop at MMP. Went yesterday after work and they have about six different shirt designs, tons of pullovers/sweaters, and the official WS hats. Plus tons of hats with the WS patch, but no low profile ones yet.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going down tomorrow night for the watch party. Y'all hit me up if you have any specific intel questions.
diehard03
Quote:

Honestly, I'd rather be in the Astros position with regard to time off. We have our aces ready to go games 1&2 on full rest, and the Dodgers bats haven't seen game time in 5 days compared to our 3. Plus I like that the first 2 games are on the road - I feel that puts pressure squarely on the Dodgers to win both games. We need a split, and even better if we take both.

Dodgers bats came alive after Arizona series.

I think the whole pressure in home field is just something fans talk about. It cuts both ways. Whatever pressure the Dodgers feel will be felt more by the Astros if DO get a split. They will feel like they have to win all 3 games or "it goes back to LA"....oh so scary.
DVC2010
AG
mathguy86 said:

While I hesitate to start carpet bombing pictures of the lovely Kate (using a good luck charm too much wastes the luck) I think one before the start of the series for general good luck is fine. So with that in mind, for the series win, I call upon the Gods of Baseball and the Baby Girl to work her magic. Astros in 6.

It occurred to me this afternoon that maybe Kate isn't the lucky part.

See that watermark at the bottom of the photo?

Remember who predicted a 2017 championship?

S.I. Is creating the magic to save their own credibility.
AstroAggie15
AG
Dicks had plenty of 2017 WS gear
Ag_07
AG
It's so odd the difference in our regular season vs the postseason

Regular season - Historically good offense, rotation concerns, pretty decent BP, great on the road, not so much at home

Postseason - Bats have gone cold, rotation is balling out of control, BP blows, horrible on the road, undefeated at home

Yet we won the pennant and here we are playing for world championship. That's baseball folks.
WES2006AG
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Any low profile hats?
Texaggie7nine
WES2006AG said:

AstroAggie15 said:

Any low profile hats?
They had blue and also orange hats that were low profile that said AL Champions on them.

like these
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/47-houston-astros-mens-american-league-champs-clean-up-cap#repChildCatid=4907323
7nine
AstroAggie15
AG
they had the New Era 39thirty hats
bearkatag15
AG

#WorldSeries Game 1 lineup:
Springer CF
Bregman 3B
Altuve 2B
Correa SS
Gurriel 1B
McCann C
Gonzalez LF
Reddick RF
Keuchel P

Dodgers:
NotGibbs
Let's do it
titanmaster_race
Puig is going to drive me nuts. I cant stand that man child.
rsf0626
103 outside right now in LA, holy crap....i dont even think it got that hot here in texas during the summer months
htxag09
AG
I'm a big fan of academy but dicks blows them away for postseason gear and astros gear in general. At least the one out in Katy does.
bearkatag15
AG
NotGibbs
Not surprising at all considering the showing that McCullers and Morton have had
iBrad
AG
DVC2010 said:

mathguy86 said:

While I hesitate to start carpet bombing pictures of the lovely Kate (using a good luck charm too much wastes the luck) I think one before the start of the series for general good luck is fine. So with that in mind, for the series win, I call upon the Gods of Baseball and the Baby Girl to work her magic. Astros in 6.

It occurred to me this afternoon that maybe Kate isn't the lucky part.

See that watermark at the bottom of the photo?

Remember who predicted a 2017 championship?

S.I. Is creating the magic to save their own credibility.
It really came together perfectly for SI. Predict a 2017 World Series win for the Astros and then have SI swimsuit model Kate Upton donning Astros gear.
Carl Underguard
AG
Was that a fitted hat by any chance? I'll stop by on the way home to buy one if it is.
bearkatag15
AG
tidbit for tomorrow:

He must be very healthy if they are projecting him to be 2nd in the lineup tomorrow.
WES2006AG
AG
rsf0626 said:

103 outside right now in LA, holy crap....i dont even think it got that hot here in texas during the summer months

That's crazy hot there. There was a heat wave when we were there for Labor Day weekend and that city is not equipped to deal with that kind of heat the way Houston is. Seemed like inadequate air conditioning in every other establishment we went in to.
diehard03
Quote:

He must be very healthy if they are projecting him to be 2nd in the lineup tomorrow.

I wouldn't say that. It just makes no sense to burn a roster spot on him and not know what you have with your best player. There were rumors during the Cubs series that they might let him go during the NLCS and then use some obscure rule to replace him on the roster if it didnt work. Maybe this is in play here (I don't know if the WS rules are different)
agsquirrel97
AG
bobinator said:

Petsmart had jerseys for dogs, so they might. It's not something I would ever purchase, but I can't be held responsible for what my fiancee does.

Rule 1 compliant - nice.
Post removed:
by user
coop-aero-06
AG
What's everyone drinking for Game 1? I don't know whether to pick up whiskey or beer on my way home from work tonight.
tjack16
AG
Frok said:

Revival03 said:

No surprises here.

I kind of wish we dropped one pitcher for Tyler White. IMO an extra pinch hitter is more valuable than an extra pitcher. But what do I know?

Have you seen Tyler White hit this season? A pitcher batting might not be much of a difference
tjack16
AG
I had to order my postseason low profile hat online. I was weary of doing that because I like trying them on before I buy them.... but it fits really well and it came in like a week after I ordered it. Just in time for game 1 against Boston
Hi, Im Brett
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

What's everyone drinking for Game 1? I don't know whether to pick up whiskey or beer on my way home from work tonight.

?w=479&c=1
Breggy Popup
AG
tjholley17 said:

Frok said:

Revival03 said:

No surprises here.

I kind of wish we dropped one pitcher for Tyler White. IMO an extra pinch hitter is more valuable than an extra pitcher. But what do I know?

Have you seen Tyler White hit this season? A pitcher batting might not be much of a difference
The same Tyler White that hit .279 with 3HR 10RBI (853 OPS) in 22 games?
CFTXAG10
AG
They had both actually. This was at about 12:30pm
First Page Last Page
Page 1241 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.