***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,300,181 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I stared at my phone looking at the lineup for a solid 5 minutes looking for our DH
Carl Underguard
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

They had both actually. This was at about 12:30pm
Awesome. I'll be getting one this afternoon.
Ag_07
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

What's everyone drinking for Game 1? I don't know whether to pick up whiskey or beer on my way home from work tonight.

Whatever it was you were drinking during the ALCS.

BTW...Hinch just said in his presser JV went yard during BP yesterday.
BTKAG97
AG
Ag_07 said:

My bad...Kershaw pitched Gm 5 on Thursday for them.

You really think you can go from sitting idle to starting Gm 1 of the WS and not have some rust? Meanwhile Dallas is come off starting an elimination game and on normal rest.
Kershaw will be on normal rest.

Kuechel will have an extra day of rest.

Verlander will be on normal rest.
Texaggie7nine
Just found this from earlier this year.

7nine
coop-aero-06
AG
Ag_07 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

What's everyone drinking for Game 1? I don't know whether to pick up whiskey or beer on my way home from work tonight.
I was a the bar at the Monte Carlo in Vegas with a buddy and I started off with an $8 Dos Equis. Then I realized I would be sitting there for over 3 hours running up a serious tab and switched to the $4 Bud Lights. The savings allowed for a few rounds of celebratory Fireball shots.

So I guess the answer of "why not both" is correct.
Ag_07
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

Ag_07 said:

coop-aero-06 said:

I was a the bar at the Monte Carlo in Vegas with a buddy and I started off with an $8 Dos Equis. Then I realized I would be sitting there for over 3 hours running up a serious tab and switched to the $4 Bud Lights. The savings allowed for a few rounds of celebratory Fireball shots.

So I guess the answer of "why not both" is correct.

Sounds like you need your get your ass back to Vegas
R-Dog
AG
Crazy hot...but dry as can be.

Current humidity is 9%. The heat index is actually less than the air temperature by 6 degrees.

And I'd start preparing for an open roof this weekend. MLB is going to say "If you don't open it with weather like this, you might as well seal it closed permanently".

Saturday - Sunny 63. Low 43
Sunday - Sunny 68, Low 52
spadilly
S
coop-aero-06 said:

I'm on a winning streak with 8th Wonder Done Faux'm, and you don't mess with a winning streak.
NotGibbs
Springer is going to homer tonight
Funky Winkerbean
AG
NotGibbs said:

Springer is going to homer tonight

Truth.

And Keuchel will get a hit.
bobinator
AG
Blackwater Draw's Bordertown has been on a hot streak for me
Post removed:
by user
cap-n-jack
I think Springer is the key to this series. He has to apply pressure from the top of the order. Get hits and runners, apply pressure. Can't let them string together 3 and outs, that would hurt us bad.
Wabs
AG
Rebecca Creek sipping when we're batting, Copenhagen when we're on D. That's the routine I followed in game 7, that's what's going on tonight.
DVC2010
AG
tjholley17 said:

I had to order my postseason low profile hat online. I was weary of doing that because I like trying them on before I buy them.... but it fits really well and it came in like a week after I ordered it. Just in time for game 1 against Boston

New Era seems to have really good quality control. I have no problem ordering their fitted hats.
gougler08
AG
third coast.. said:

Just spent $30 on in flight internet, a few doubles deep and runnin on almost no sleep. Work better not expect me to do **** when i walk up the gangway. TIME TO MASH!

Where are you flying to?
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
i would fight for his honor
Teddy Perkins
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I stared at my phone looking at the lineup for a solid 5 minutes looking for our DH
Put the medicinal ganj down.
Ag_07
AG
Anyone else hear AJ during his pregame presser?

He got kinda salty when someone asked what he thought about the Dodgers pumping in soft alt rock while they took BP last night.

He said he was informing players of final roster decisions so he didn't notice the music. Players mentioned it but he didn't notice until later. He did say he noticed how they were scheduled for a 6 pm workout and couldn't get on the field until 645. He said it was a gamesmanship play by the Dodgers and that it probably wasn't gonna be the end if it. Also said it is what it is and we'll have own things ready for them when we get back home.

Just thought it was interesting to see him call them out directly for that and then to say we would play games as well.
Ag_07
AG
Let's kick some ass tonight!!!
ClickClack
AG
DVC2010 said:

tjholley17 said:

I had to order my postseason low profile hat online. I was weary of doing that because I like trying them on before I buy them.... but it fits really well and it came in like a week after I ordered it. Just in time for game 1 against Boston

New Era seems to have really good quality control. I have no problem ordering their fitted hats.

I tried two same size identical hats on the other day and they fit veyr different. New Era on field cap.
BowSowy
AG
Feeling oddly calm about tonight. Lets go show them what the best lineup looks like.
Farmer1906
AG
ClickClack said:

DVC2010 said:

tjholley17 said:

I tried two same size identical hats on the other day and they fit veyr different. New Era on field cap.
I have a 7-1/2 that is too big that it just looks goofy. I also have a 7-1/2 that is snug enough to give me a headache wearing it. New Era hat sizes have a wide range.
AustinCountyAg
St. Arnold's variety twelve pack on ice ready to roll.... the same winning combo that was consumed this past weekend. Game on boys!!

Mr.Bond
AG

What
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

astros4545
AG
I'll say it

The Dodgers lineup doesn't scare me at all
BowSowy
AG
astros4545 said:

I'll say it

The Dodgers lineup doesn't scare me at all
Agreed. I think everyone who is down on our bullpen will be singing a different tune after this series. We just faced the best lineup we'll see/we've seen all season.
Ag_07
AG
From top to bottom no but Turner is a beast and Puig is locked in.

Seager and Bellinger are meh for me.

Oh yeah...Fck Puig. I hate that chode and I'm betting we all will by the end of this thing.
titanmaster_race
I'm as big of a homer as anyone, but Y'all are crazy if Turner, puig, seager, and bellinger don't scare you.
astros4545
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I'm as big of a homer as anyone, but Y'all are crazy if Turner, puig, seager, and bellinger don't scare you.

If it was Kyle Seager I'd actually be scared
BowSowy
AG
Turner is altuve-lite and I don't think he can beat us by himself. Puig being locked in is worrisome but that dude is prone to really rough patches. I know that some of their hitters will be hot, some will be cold, but there isn't one guy that makes me say "oh ****".
Ecce Homo
Y'all see the LA dodger cholo on the pregame

screw-tu
Iced tea as always for the win!
First Page Last Page
Page 1242 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.