***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,308,351 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Quote:

Verlander is taxed
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Verlander doesn't seem so taxed now, does he
WES2006AG
AG
I was at Dodger Stadium earlier this year when they were in the midst of their horrendous losing streak. It just happened to be the day JD Martinez hit 4 HRs and Robbie Ray struck out 14. The mood in that stadium was so sour I thought people were going to start throwing themselves off the upper deck in my section.

Here's to creating that same kind of frustration for them this week.
Ag_07
AG
I really think them being idle for so long is being underplayed.

My bad...Kershaw pitched Gm 5 on Thursday for them.

You really think you can go from sitting idle to starting Gm 1 of the WS and not have some rust? Meanwhile Dallas is come off starting an elimination game and on normal rest.

Same can be said about the bats. Being able to carry the momentum we built up in Gms 6 and 7 and them not playing in the last week is a big advantage (at least in Gm 1) and I think leaves the door open to us being able to jump out punch them in the jaw and steal one right off the bat.
E
AG
I was at that game too with a couple other Ags! Their fans were trashy and booed their team... while having the best record in baseball
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The mood in that stadium was so sour I thought people were going to start throwing themselves off the upper deck in my section.
You should look back a few pages on this thread when the Stros were in NY.
gambochaman
AG
Dallas did not start an elimination game, but I get your point....you see it happen quite a bit
titanmaster_race
Kershaw pitched more recently than dallas....and neither of their Game 5s were elimination games.
AstroAggie15
AG
Astros need to do that thing where we blast teams into submission before the 5th inning is over
Ag_07
AG
You're right. I'm all frazzled today.

Trying to deal with this damn Dodger fan in the office next me walking around in his blue shirt and LA cap.

BTW...If we win tonight I'm gonna need ideas for some good razing. I'm thinking hang my Astros flag on his office door and move all my bobbleheads on his desk
diehard03
Quote:

I really think them being idle for so long is being underplayed.

It's probably more confirmation bias.

Dodgers had 5 games between Game 3 win over Arizona and Game 1 win over Chicago.
diehard03
Quote:

Trying to deal with this damn Dodger fan in the office next me walking around in his blue shirt and LA cap.

BTW...If we win tonight I'm gonna need ideas for some good razing. I'm thinking hang my Astros flag on his office door and move all my bobbleheads on his desk

that's what you do when you win the title.

If you are bothered by him just wearing a shirt and hat, you won't be able to handle what he does to you in retaliation if you eventually lose the series or any other game (if you raze him after game 1).
aTm2004
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Quote:

Verlander is taxed
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He'll just plug into Kate Upton and get recharged.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
shano0603
AG
Sorry if it was discussed already.

But what was with people throwing beer bottles/cups on the field. Was it just Yankees fans?
cone
AG
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=loch02&t=p&year=2013

Chia-Jen Lo

Career WAR 0.2

Career ERA 4.19

Team Record in games played: 5-14

84 BF 16 SO 14 H 13 BB
Teddy Perkins
AG

No surprises here.
NotGibbs
Ross Stripling doesn't wear his Aggie ring because he thinks it's ugly and hates A&M
DVC2010
AG
I can't make it to game 5, but I stand to make enough from selling my tickets to pay for the rest of my postseason.

I'm not that lucky.

Astros in 4.
Ag_07
AG
Looks like no changes to the WS roster.

3 catchers, 5 IFers, 5 OFers, 12 pitchers

No Fiers, Sipp, Clippards

No White, or Marisnick
Ag_07
AG
And for those who missed it here's a nice montage of them shooting the promos for FOX yesterday

https://instagr.am/p/Bao6BzjBS_0
Frok
AG
Revival03 said:

No surprises here.

I kind of wish we dropped one pitcher for Tyler White. IMO an extra pinch hitter is more valuable than an extra pitcher. But what do I know?
irish pete ag06
AG
Man I hope Reddick crushes during the World Series. That would be some sweet redemption for him.
Ag_07
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Man I hope Reddick crushes during the World Series. That would be some sweet redemption for him.

You may be on to something

Quote:

Mark, your MVP (Josh Reddick) is probably the mostly unlikely pick. What makes you think Reddick will be the most valuable in the series?

Reddick has multiple incentives to be a great player in this series. For one thing, he had an awful ALCS at the plate, and he's a better player than he's shown. Two, he told reporters that the Dodgers fan base didn't treat him well when he was there last season. Whether that's true or not is hard to assess, but what's most important is that he's got some extra motivation beyond winning a title. If he channels it right, he could be a star. I'll say he does and wins MVP. -- Mark Simon, ESPN Stats & Information
bobinator
AG
I would definitely be on the "too superstitious to touch it" list on the promos.
bobinator
AG
In that article one person also picked Springer, I kind of like him as a sneaky MVP pick.
cone
AG
R-A-K-E
bigbass1170
AG
cone said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=loch02&t=p&year=2013

Chia-Jen Lo

Career WAR 0.2

Career ERA 4.19

Team Record in games played: 5-14

84 BF 16 SO 14 H 13 BB

I remember being super stoked on this dude. Could never stay healthy
Ag_07
AG
For those interested in the article. It's actually a pretty good read

Your Guide to WS Game 1

Quote:

Remember that the Dodgers benefited against both the Diamondbacks and the Cubs from some scrambled rotations. Arizona had to use Zack Greinke and Robbie Ray in the wild-card game, while the Cubs churned through all their top pitchers in the final two games of their NLDS. There will be no such break in this series, as the Astros will start ace No. 1A in Keuchel in the opener on five days' rest. The Dodgers have scored 25 runs in Kershaw's three starts. They'd love to give him that run support again and avoid going up against Verlander needing a win just to avoid losing both games at home.

Quote:

This is probably just a statistical quirk, but let's throw it out there: Since 2006, the team to clinch its pennant first has gone on to win the World Series just once -- the 2008 Phillies. The Dodgers clinched on Thursday, the Astros on Saturday. Verlander said Monday that it's not so crazy. "I've been to two World Series where we swept the championship round and the team we were playing went six or seven games, and I felt like we lost a step with the downtime. It's such a unique sport where you go all season long with not having that many off days at all, and then all of a sudden you find yourself with a week off, it can be different."
mwm
Schrute
Honestly, I'd rather be in the Astros position with regard to time off. We have our aces ready to go games 1&2 on full rest, and the Dodgers bats haven't seen game time in 5 days compared to our 3. Plus I like that the first 2 games are on the road - I feel that puts pressure squarely on the Dodgers to win both games. We need a split, and even better if we take both.
k20dub
AG
I ordered a hat 30 minutes after game 7 and it hasn't even shipped yet.
Schrute
k20dub said:

Did the same. Bought 3 hoodies and no shipment notice yet. I guess they really will ship them closer to Oct 31st....probably will get them just in time to order ones that say World Champions....
bearkatag15
AG
I went to Academy at 290 and 1960 at 11am today to check out what they had for WS gear and I walk in to find a line about 125 people deep waiting for the next shipment of goods to get off the truck. Everything else was picked over with only random odd sizes available.

The demand for this stuff is crazy.
E
AG
Does academy have any Astros bandanas? I'd like to get one for my dog
03_Aggie
k20dub said:

I did the same and cancelled my order with MLB this morning. The best they'd give me is that it was a special event item and would ship by 10/31.

I was sendin it to a Yankees fan in NY so it arrivin after the WS was kinda stupid.
Frok
AG
People really go crazy for Championship shirts. I remember standing in line forever to get the 2005 NL champion shirt. I ended up not wearing it that much because it wasn't a very nice t shirt.
First Page Last Page
Page 1240 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.