***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,310,145 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CSWendt said:

Can we all agree to not melt down this series??

Good one
BowSowy
AG
CSWendt said:

Can we all agree to not melt down this series?? Even if this team goes out there and drops a dud and gets swept. They made it to the WS. That's worth not melting down

Sweet summer child
Texaggie7nine
irish pete ag06 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Pete. If you still need ADA tickets for Saturday email me at texaggie79 at gmail
I sent you an email. Thanks!
Still haven't received an email. I sent you a PM.
7nine
NotGibbs
So assuming that the series isn't a sweep and over in 4 games, I will have been fortunate enough to be there to watch the ags play in the CWS and the stros play in the WS in the same year
PhatMack19
AG
Already taking over

digging tunnels
AG
Astros in 6!

Lose game 1 and 4. Win 2, 3, 5, 6
zgood10
cone
AG
that's much more likely than my prediction of winning in 7

but also less dramatic
Mathguy64
AG
While I hesitate to start carpet bombing pictures of the lovely Kate (using a good luck charm too much wastes the luck) I think one before the start of the series for general good luck is fine. So with that in mind, for the series win, I call upon the Gods of Baseball and the Baby Girl to work her magic. Astros in 6.

Ag_07
AG
I think we win tonight.

I think we come out firing with the momentum we've built and they have a bit of rust that needs to get knocked off.

I also think the crowd will be a bit subdued. With a 5 pm start in LA good luck getting there on time and throw in the 100 degree temps, the crowd won't get going until the 4th inning or so.

Too bad we'll already have the lead by then and we won't relinquish it. Dallas goes 7 IP, 2 Rs and hands it off to Peacock who finishes it.

Good Guys win 6-2
gigemJTH12
AG
digging tunnels said:

Astros in 6!

Lose game 1 and 4. Win 2, 3, 5, 6
RIP to your prediction after game 1
TXAG14
Furlock Bones
AG
we have been road warriors all season until the playoffs. i think we right that ship when it matters most.
Kashchei
AG
CSWendt said:

Can we all agree to not melt down this series?? Even if this team goes out there and drops a dud and gets swept. They made it to the WS. That's worth not melting down

Do you even Texags bro?
tjack16
AG
CSWendt said:

No... I agree no meltdown if we lose the series... but if we get swept then yes we can meltdown because there is zero excuse for this team to get swept.

It will still be a great season if we get swept. It'll just be a disappointing end to the season
NotGibbs
Astros could sweep in 4 games and Nuke would still be here melting down about how Giles gave up a solo shot in the 9th to make the game 16-1
titanmaster_race
That LA crowd blows. They have to use the PA on the regular to keep them interested.
Schrute
Ecce Homo
Hello everyone, I'm totally a new poster and not a guy who has been on this thread the entire time. Looking forward to some great baseball and nice conversation.
Kashchei
AG
The ChiSox had no business sweeping us in '05. It would be poetic justice if we returned the favor to LA.
bigjag19
AG
Good morning from the Santa Monica pier.

It's hot as hell. Neither team is used to this so is what it is.

In meetings all day and yes I am wearing orange and navy.
Kashchei
AG
Ecce Homo said:

Hello everyone, I'm totally a new poster and not a guy who has been on this thread the entire time. Looking forward to some great baseball and nice conversation.

JK, welcome aboard
n_touch
mazag08 said:

Get ready for Dodgers getting a bigger strike zone.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/expect-the-world-series-strike-zone-to-favor-the-dodgers/#comments

That was a good read. One if the reasons why baseball is so great. Each pitch can change the outcome of everything in a bad way, but the very next pitch can reverse those fortunes.
Ag_07
AG
titanmaster_race said:

That LA crowd blows. They have to use the PA on the regular to keep them interested.

Haha. I noticed that during the NLCS. They are constantly pumping loud obnoxious music through the PA.

Like literally between every pitch it's blaring.
diehard03
Quote:

I also think the crowd will be a bit subdued. With a 5 pm start in LA good luck getting there on time and throw in the 100 degree temps, the crowd won't get going until the 4th inning or so.

LA has never cared about their home crowd and they will still arrive late/leave early.

We will get to see how silly "momentum" narrative plays out because both teams have it.

This is how the series will play out: Whose pitching makes the least amount of mistakes and whose batters make the most of it.

Both teams have unhittable arms and lethal bats.

For the love of God, don't pitch to Justin Turner.
cap-n-jack
Weren't they all one run games?
n_touch
What a day. Second WS in team history. Just to think back what this team was like not to long ago.

2013: 51-111

2017: 101-61

Strap in everyone, its gonna be a long week
titanmaster_race
cap-n-jack said:

Weren't they all one run games?

Not all. They outscored us by a total of 6 runs in the series.
astros4545
AG
Geoff Blum

Never forget
Frok
AG
n_touch said:

What a day. Second WS in team history. Just to think back what this team was like not to long ago.

2013: 51-111

2017: 101-61

Strap in everyone, its gonna be a long week

Just realized we don't wear the orange hats anymore
Ag12thman
AG
Let's go!!!
agsquirrel97
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I have row 1 section 433 for Sunday. Bought them for 199 a piece during pre-sale. I'm confident I could get 900 each now, of course I'll never sell but if my wife finds out that is possible I may be fooked
rule 1 or I will tell her myself.

BTW, which Mrs. Bond is it - Honey Ryder or ***** Galore?
bearkatag15
AG
Here are some Dodgers fans comments about the series from a message board of theirs...

Quote:

Astros are gonna give us problems. We need to get to their pen early. Verlander is gonna be tough to beat. I would pitch Wood or Hill against him. Verlander pitching is likely an automatic loss for us so it's best if we use our #2,#4 against him and try to beat the rest. Keuchel and the rest should be easier.
Quote:

Quote:

**** the Yankees for not finishing off the Astros. We have no business facing a team that has no business being in the AL.

Quote:

I'm sorry but the Yankees starters and pen all throwing 95-100 scared me. Good pitching can stop the stros and Verlander has to go through one of our aces and pen. The Stros didn't hit good pitching and we're still the better team. I wanted the Yankees to win at first but they had some hurlers.
Quote:

Houston is not gonna be an easy out. We win the first two though somehow, and Houston is in deep crap. Dodgers have been a freight train all year, time to finish this
Quote:

Quote:

The only World Series that we clinched at Dodger Stadium was in 1963. All others have been elsewhere.

Quote:

Verlander is taxed
Quote:

This is going to be toughest test for the Dodgers. Houston is no joke. However, I think LA pulls it out in 6. Keuchel and Verlander are pitching Games 1 and 2 respectively. The Dodgers have to wear them both down because Houston's bullpen is awful. Having home field is going to be the huge advantage for the Dodgers. Losing the DH for an American League team 4 out of 7 times is a big thing that shouldn't be ignored. Neither Keuchel or Verlander is invincible although Verlander is pitching like it. But he's also thrown a lot of pitches particularly in his past two starts against the Yankees. Dodgers gotta wear him down. Kershaw, in Game 1, can neutralize Houston's offense if he pitches like we all know he is capable of. He's at an advantage because most of them have never seen him before. In many of the games against the Yankees save for the last two, Houston struggled offensively and Yankees starting pitching is not as great as the Dodgers so that's a plus. It's imperative the Dodgers win the first two.
Quote:

Houston had trouble hitting last round.
Quote:

Is it OK to be really disappointed that it wasn't Dodgers/Yankees?

I'm having a hard time getting over it.
Quote:

I actually hate the Yankees, which drives me to seeing them head-on against us in the WS. But they are our rivals too (11 World Series matchups). It's the MLB equivalent of Lakers/Celtics.
Quote:

Quote:

It turns out Reddick is sour about our fanbase booing him when he was with us. No ****, I remember that ****er was a disappointment batting sub .200 and starting. Lmao
Quote:

I read that also. He wanted LA and now he has them. Not wise to start talking **** early.
I wish him the best of luck facing 3 lefties plus Darvish while Ice Cold.
Quote:

I'm feeling confident

Kershaw's redemption is tomorrow
Quote:

This should be a great WS matchup with the Dodgers rank 12th in runs against the Stros rank 1st this season. Can great pitching stop them?

Ask the Yanks....

BowSowy
AG
I legitimately think we win this in 5 or 6. I just don't feel like they have been tested at all in the postseason and their lineup doesn't scare me as much as the Yanks'. Our 4 starters are completely capable of shutting any team down, as are theirs. At the end of the day, I think we have a much bigger advantage at home and I think our lineup can and will get to their starters.
gigemJTH12
AG
Quote:

Verlander is taxed
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
First Page Last Page
Page 1239 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.