***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,543 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game 2 (Sat), Section 410, row 4!
tjack16
AG
There are still game 6 and 7 tickets available on Astros website

Game 1: sold out
game 2: standing room only
Frok
AG
Need to relax and enjoy my day. Serious stress is coming the next few days.

AustinCountyAg
Anyone have experience with SRO tickets? I was glancing on stubhub at World Series tickets and on the secondary market they are going to be expensive AF. SRO my be my only option if i am forced to buy them off secondary market.

I'm just curious what's the options of where to watch besides the little porches in left field.
spadilly
S
AustinCountyAg said:

Anyone have experience with SRO tickets? I was glancing on stubhub at World Series tickets and on the secondary market they are going to be expensive AF. SRO my be my only option if i am forced to buy them off secondary market.

I'm just curious what's the options of where to watch besides the little porches in left field.

If you get there early enough, behind the first base line (around 131ish) is a good spot. Probably need to be there about an hour early or so. The left field/third base side of the concourse fills up first.
Also, behind 251 on the mezzanine is a great spot as well and was open last week until 30 minutes or so before first pitch.
The Milkman
AG
Frok said:

Need to relax and enjoy my day. Serious stress is coming the next few days.

I need to actually get some work done today... tomorrow will be a wash
JDUB08AG
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

We watched game 5 of the 2004 NLCS in the third base concourse and had a great time. I hugged complete strangers after Kent's walk off HR
gigemJTH12
AG
is anyone selling for tomorrow?
Ag_07
AG
thatDrew_Hill said:

They will definitely be starting Gray game 1, not Tanaka.

My guess is they go...

GM 1 - Tanaka
GM 2 - Severino
GM 3 - Gray

We go...

GM 1 - Dallas
GM 2 - JV
GM 3 - Morton

I have a feeling and it wouldn't surprise me that we see Lance get a start sometime in this series. I don't like the idea of him starting on the road in Game 4, but something tells me he makes it in the rotation. I think they add him to the rotation and add McHugh to the pen. White or Fisher get left off the roster.
bobinator
AG
After Lance was actually good out of the bullpen, why would you use him as a starter? Right now he's good for one solid run through the order, and that's it. Why waste him as a starter when you know you can get three good innings out of him in relief?
W
AG
one thing that doomed Cleveland in the ALDS...defense.

the Yankees scored 7 unearned runs in the 5-game series.

only 14 of New York's 21 runs were earned
Drew_Hill
Ag_07 said:

thatDrew_Hill said:

They will definitely be starting Gray game 1, not Tanaka.

My guess is they go...

GM 1 - Tanaka
GM 2 - Severino
GM 3 - Gray

We go...

GM 1 - Dallas
GM 2 - JV
GM 3 - Morton

I have a feeling and it wouldn't surprise me that we see Lance get a start sometime in this series. I don't like the idea of him starting on the road in Game 4, but something tells me he makes it in the rotation. I think they add him to the rotation and add McHugh to the pen. White or Fisher get left off the roster
Tanaka is awful on the road, they will not start him Game 1 with Gray fully rested. They will go Gray Game 1, Severino Game 2 and then CC and Tanaka in some order for 3/4.
W
AG
and both losing teams had 2 players in their top half of their batting order go absolutely ice cold.

for the Red Sox....Pedrioa was 2 for 16...and Bogaerts was 1 for 17.

for the Indians...Lindor was 2 for 18...and Ramirez was 2 for 20
Drew_Hill
bobinator said:

After Lance was actually good out of the bullpen, why would you use him as a starter? Right now he's good for one solid run through the order, and that's it. Why waste him as a starter when you know you can get three good innings out of him in relief?
He was good out of the pen? He have up 2 ER in 3 innings and 5 baserunners in 3 innings. Doesn't seem good to me. He also stated how he hated being in the pen and felt very uncomfortable doing it. I think it makes more sense to let Lance start and then have Peacock ready to come in early. Both guys would be comfortable in that role.
ClickClack
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

is anyone selling for tomorrow?

Edit: might actually be using these after all
bobinator
AG
He was pretty good for three innings, that's what I'm saying. In his last couple of starts and last week it looks like he's good for three innings, and then completely falls apart.

Re-edit, it was three innings. He was pretty clean through the 4th, 5th, and 6th; both earned runs were the guys he put on in his fourth inning.
Ag_07
AG
I just don't think he's a fit for the pen.

If he can give us what Peacock does then just switch them.
Canyon99
AG
Ag_07 said:

I just don't think he's a fit for the pen.

If he can give us what Peacock does then just switch them.

I agree that he's not a good fit for the pen; however, I take Peacock after Lance's performance since his return.
95_Aggie
AG
Suggested pre-emptive action for your mental health: turn down the sound on the game broadcasts.

You will be much happier.
Beat40
I find those who want to relegate Peacock back to the pen in favor of McCullers a little interesting at this point.

You are wanting to sending a guy to the pen who went 13-2 with a 3.00 ERA, a WAR of 3.2, and WHIP of 1.189 for a guy who went 7-4 with a 4.25 ERA, a WAR of 1.0, and WHIP of 1.298.

I seem to remember in Game 3 of the Boston series that many lamented Hinch pulled Peacock too early. I also seem to remember most agreeing Hinch should "do what got you there." Well, part of what got us here is Peacock pitching extremely well in a starting role.

I used be on the side of the fence of sending Peacock back to the pen also. Let me ask you this - at THIS point in the season, are you willing to mess with Peacock's mojo in favor of capitulating to the feelings of another guy who said he didn't like coming out of the pen?

Let the Peacock fly!
bobinator
AG
If we're talking about a full on split game for McCullers/Peacock then I guess it doesn't really matter which one pitches first, I just think there's a good chance Peacock could give you 5-6 good innings as a starter where there's absolutely nothing right now to indicate that McCullers might do that.
BarryProfit
I just see Lance more ready for the big stage in NYC, but understand if Hinch disagrees.

Lance has a higher ceiling but a lower floor.
gigemJTH12
AG
Beat40 said:

I find those who want to relegate Peacock back to the pen in favor of McCullers a little interesting at this point.

You are wanting to sending a guy to the pen who went 13-2 with a 3.00 ERA, a WAR of 3.2, and WHIP of 1.189 for a guy who went 7-4 with a 4.25 ERA, a WAR of 1.0, and WHIP of 1.298.

I seem to remember in Game 3 of the Boston series that many lamented Hinch pulled Peacock too early. I also seem to remember most agreeing Hinch should "do what got you there." Well, part of what got us here is Peacock pitching extremely well in a starting role.

I used be on the side of the fence of sending Peacock back to the pen also. Let me ask you this - at THIS point in the season, are you willing to mess with Peacock's mojo in favor of capitulating to the feelings of another guy who said he didn't like coming out of the pen?

Let the Peacock fly!
Mr. Peacock, welcome to Texags! by the way, LOVED your outfit at Fenway. The fishing shirt and fishing hat look was legit as hell.
CFTXAG10
AG
AGnCS said:

Suggested pre-emptive action for your mental health: turn down the sound on the game broadcasts.

You will be much happier.
This reminded me of growing up watching Rockets and Astros games my dad would sync the radio feed to the TV feed as best as possible. I didn't appreciate it as much at the time but now I definitely do.
E
AG
Would Keuchel start game 5 in New York since he's a Yankees killer and McCullers start game 7 since he is so good at home?

1 Fri: Keuchel
2 Sat: Verlander
3 Mon: Peacock
4 Tues: Morton
5 Wed: Keuchel
6 Fri: Verlander
7 Sat: McCullers

Or do you think Hinch plays game 6 and 7 safe with Keuchel and Verlander here at home and McHugh for game 5 on the road?

5 Wed: McHugh
6 Fri: Keuchel
7 Sat: Verlander

The good thing is, we have great options to choose from!
ClickClack
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Beat40 said:

Let the Peacock fly!
Mr. Peacock, welcome to Texags! by the way, LOVED your outfit at Fenway. The fishing shirt and fishing hat look was legit as hell.

Oh come on, he has a reasonable take.
Beat40
I only wear Magellan! Support Texas business!

#TexasStrong
BowSowy
AG
I think moving Peacock to the BP is silly at this point. You could convince me to start LMJ in place of Morton (with a short leash) and then bring Morton in if/when LMJ starts to struggle. But Peacock is better suited to be a starter than LMJ is right now.
Ag_07
AG
I don't necessarily want to move Peacock, I'm just spit balling at what they may do.

If it's me I give Peacock the ball in GM 4, add McHugh to the pen, and leave Lance off the roster. I tend to think that he's not a fit for the pen and I've got no indication that he's ready to come back and take the ball in an ALCS start (most likely a road start at that).

But that's just me. Again, I just have this feeling they are going to force Lance onto this roster and find a way to give him the ball in a starting role. Just a gut feeling by what I've seen and heard about him out of the pen.
bobinator
AG
E said:

Would Keuchel start game 5 in New York since he's a Yankees killer and McCullers start game 7 since he is so good at home?

Or do you think Hinch plays game 6 and 7 safe with Keuchel and Verlander here at home and McHugh for game 5 on the road?

I'd think sending Peacock to the pen for McHugh would be more likely than sending him out there for McCullers.

I don't think seeing:

1: Keuchel
2: Verlander
3: Morton
4: McHugh
5: Keuchel
6: Verlander
7: Morton/Mchugh/Peacock/McCullers by committe

would be too crazy.
byfLuger41
AG
Any good spots in Gainesville, FL to watch our game tomorrow?

I'm traveling for Aggie Football.

Beat40
BowSowy said:

I think moving Peacock to the BP is silly at this point. You could convince me to start LMJ in place of Morton (with a short leash) and then bring Morton in if/when LMJ starts to struggle. But Peacock is better suited to be a starter than LMJ is right now.
This is my main point - I don't trust LMJ right now. I trust Peacock a whole lot more. Heck, I trust Morton a whole lot more.

The dude has nasty stuff when he's on. Dude was filthy before the All-Star break. If we were guaranteeing that's they guy we're getting in a playoff start - there is no question. At this point I happen to feel it's an unreasonable risk to take when I happen to trust this offense's ability to win a game more than I trust LMJ's ability to win a game.
Ag_07
AG
E said:

Holy crap!!! No way I want Lance starting a Gm 7 of the ALCS. God help us if that happens

I also think trying to set a rotation for all 7 games is pointless. We'll have to see how things shake out as they happen.

I imagine things will played differently depending on if we're up or down as the series moves along.
ClickClack
AG
Count me in for Peacock over McCullers.

Also kind of wonder if McHugh would be better than Morton for a start.
bobinator
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't necessarily want to move Peacock, I'm just spit balling at what they may do.

If it's me I give Peacock the ball in GM 4, add McHugh to the pen, and leave Lance off the roster. I tend to think that he's not a fit for the pen and I've got no indication that he's ready to come back and take the ball in an ALCS start (most likely a road start at that).

But that's just me. Again, I just have this feeling they are going to force Lance onto this roster and find a way to give him the ball in a starting role. Just a gut feeling by what I've seen and heard about him out of the pen.
But again, Lance was really good for three innings against Boston.

In his first inning (the fourth) he got two groundouts from Bogaerts and Pedroia and then gave up an infield single to Benitendi (who got to second on a throwing error), walked Betts and then struck out Moreland to get out of the inning.
He gave up a single to Ramirez in the fifth, immediately got a grounder into a double play from Devers, and struck out Leon.
In the sixth he struck out Bradley and Bogaerts and Pedroia grounded out.

That's three good innings with only one real scoring threat in a game where the Sox basically blasted everyone else we put on the mound.

Lance is on the roster, and he can pitch an important couple/few innings. I just don't think they need to be at the beginning of a game.
First Page Last Page
Page 1006 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.