***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,422 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

I don't necessarily want to move Peacock, I'm just spit balling at what they may do.

If it's me I give Peacock the ball in GM 4, add McHugh to the pen, and leave Lance off the roster. I tend to think that he's not a fit for the pen and I've got no indication that he's ready to come back and take the ball in an ALCS start (most likely a road start at that).

But that's just me. Again, I just have this feeling they are going to force Lance onto this roster and find a way to give him the ball in a starting role. Just a gut feeling by what I've seen and heard about him out of the pen.
Maybe I came off a little strong. I agree with most of your take. I don't think Lance is a fit for the pen. I also don't think he's ready to start an ALCS game.

I think Lance will find himself on the roster for sure -- and you just may be right about them giving him a start.

Do you think he starts a game 5 if we're up 3-1 or tied 2-2?
E
AG
Actually, I just looked back at the last couple months numbers and I dont want McCullers starting any games this post season. He has been terrible since the Allstar break and McHugh has been pretty solid.
Beat40
Lance is just finding himself on the bad end of injuries this year. Unfortunately for him, 3 guys have happened to pitch pretty darn well in his absence with the injuries.

If he can stay healthy next year and continue to be effective as he was before the injuries, there are no questions.
bobinator
AG
Beat40 said:

Do you think he starts a game 5 if we're up 3-1 or tied 2-2?
I feel 99% confident that we aren't going to disrupt Keuchel or Verlander's rest/rotation.

DK and JV are going games 1 and 2 and 5 and 6, that's like the only thing I'm almost absolutely sure of.
R-Dog
AG
You're bringing back Kuechel and Verlander in games 5 and 6 regardless since they would be on regular rest.

If you're up 3-1 after 4 games, you have to go for the jugular. No reason to fart around and say "well, we have so and so left for game 7.

If it's 2-2 after 4 games, you still have to be aggressive. If you save one of Keuchel or Verlander for a potential game 7, there is a chance you never get there.

And if you're down 3-1, you obviously can't wait...you need to throw your hosses.

You worry about game 7 once you're there.
klsmith89
AG
Anyone have crawford boxes tix they're wanting to sell for Saturday??
gigemJTH12
AG
man I was just making a joke
DanHo2010
AG
Edit: sold
Funky Winkerbean
AG
No ta-tas on this page.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah that's fair enough. Just hard for me to trust Lance. Feel like we played with fire and it worked but we need to quit while we're ahead.

I do think McHugh needs to absolutely be on this roster. He can either come out of the pen or give us a start. His flexibility gives us an extra weapon. White should be left out.

If all goes as planned we only need 4 starters.

Just wanna get to MMP and get this thing started!!
ClickClack
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

man I was just making a joke

Next time try to make it funnier
Frok
AG
Quote:

I do think McHugh needs to absolutely be on this roster. He can either come out of the pen or give us a start. His flexibility gives us an extra weapon. White should be left out.

Completely agree.
BowSowy
AG
Why do y'all keep saying Lance was "really good" for 3 innings? He had 3IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 2 BBs, 4Ks. Serviceable but not "really good".
bobinator
AG
The two earned runs, one of the hits and one of the walks came when came back out for a fourth inning and he was pulled after the first two batters.

So for the first three innings, he had 2 hits (both singles, one an infield single), 0 ER, One BB and 4Ks.
BowSowy
AG
Fair enough. I forgot he had 3+ IP
maca1028
Section 106 row 18 tomorrow! My kick ass mother in law is keeping the kids over night. Can't wait!
gigemJTH12
AG
nice!! where did you buy at?
jbanda
AG
So so so good...

W
AG
if the Astros were able to get up in the series 3-0 or 3-1...I would be okay with holding Keuchel and Verlander for games 6 & 7
bobinator
AG
W said:

if the Astros were able to get up in the series 3-0 or 3-1...I would be okay with holding Keuchel and Verlander for games 6 & 7
Then you risk not having your 1-2 guys for the start of the World Series.

I wouldn't change anything with regards to those two. If we're up 3-1, I'm still pitching Keuchel to end the series then and there.
DVC2010
AG
bobinator said:

BowSowy
AG
bobinator said:

W said:

I wouldn't change anything with regards to those two. If we're up 3-1, I'm still pitching Keuchel to end the series then and there.
This exactly. There is no time to get cute
aTm2004
AG
W said:

Heeeeeelllllll no! If you're up 3-0 or 3-1, you try to end it ASAP. Don't **** around and give the Yankees hope. What you're suggesting is something along the lines of what Sumlin did in the UCLA game with Starkel and Mond.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
astros4545
AG
Just saw new Astros rap video on Facebook

Meh, can do better
gigemJTH12
AG
the "woo!" one?

it was terrible.

Frok
AG
Quick eyeball on position vs position in regards to the lineups. (Based off regular season numbers)

1B
Astros: Y. Gurriel (.299, 18HR, 1.8 WAR)
Yankees: G. Bird (.190, 9HR, -.4 WAR)

2B
Astros: J. Altuve (.346, 24HR, 7.5 WAR)
Yankees: S. Castro(.300, 16HR, 1.9 WAR)

SS
Astros: C. Correa (.315, 24HR, 5.2 WAR)
Yankees: D. Gregorius (.287, 25HR, 3.9 WAR)

3B
Astros: A. Bregman (.284, 19HR, 3.8 WAR)
Yankees: T. Frazier (.222, 11HR, 1.2 WAR)

C
Astros: B. McCann(.241, 18HR, 1.6 WAR)
Yankees: G. Sanchez (.278, 33HR, 4.4 WAR)

LF:
Astros: M. Gonzalez (.303, 23HR, 4.1 WAR)
Yankees: B. Gardner (.264, 21HR, 3.8 WAR)

CF
Astros: G. Springer (.283, 34HR, 4.5 WAR)
Yankees: J. Elsbury (.264, 7HR, 1.6 WAR)

RF
Astros: J. Reddick (.314, 13HR, 3.5 WAR)
Yankees: A. Judge (.284, 52 HR, 8.2 WAR)

DH
Astros:E. Gattis (.263, 12 HR, .9 WAR)
Yankees: C. Headley (.273, 12HR, 1.9 WAR)

DVC2010
AG
Jose Altuve isn't supposed to be the best player in the American League

Quote:

In Game 1 of the ALDS, Altuve hit three home runs. In Game 2, he singled in his first two at-bats. Now-fired Red Sox manager John Farrell had had enough, and gave him the Ian Happ treatment. Except Altuve wasn't facing Niagara, he was facing the Boston ******* Red Sox, and the man behind him in the order wasn't some clueless 18-year-old, but Carlos Correa.
astros4545
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

the "woo!" one?

it was terrible.

That's the one

Wooston
jkag89
DVC2010 said:

Jose Altuve isn't supposed to be the best player in the American League

Quote:

In Game 1 of the ALDS, Altuve hit three home runs. In Game 2, he singled in his first two at-bats. Now-fired Red Sox manager John Farrell had had enough, and gave him the Ian Happ treatment. Except Altuve wasn't facing Niagara, he was facing the Boston ******* Red Sox, and the man behind him in the order wasn't some clueless 18-year-old, but Carlos Correa.

That article was an "Altuve," thanks for posting.
spadilly
S
Some off day news:

titanmaster_race
Is there any way to register to get first crack at postseason tickets?
astros4545
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Bro

Playoffs started a week ago
Mr.Ackar07
titanmaster_race said:

First crack is to be a season ticket holder

Second crack is to commit to be a season ticket holder for 2018

Third crack is to have rented a suite during the season

Fourth crack is to register your email address

Fifth crack is General Public sales

Sixth crack is Stubhub
Ag_07
AG
You forgot the seventh crack...

tjack16
AG
titanmaster_race said:

If you go to the Astros website and click the postseason ticket link... there's a "public purchasing opportunity" tab. That's how I got ALDS and ALCS presale tickets. They are going to do it for the World Series as well
First Page Last Page
Page 1007 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.