***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,314,020 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fiers is now the de facto "ace"
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
That's all 5 projected opening day starters
iBrad
AG
If we didn't have such a big lead in the division, would we be putting guys on the DL for these short-ish stints? Seems we're being overly cautious with some of these injuries.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
We are literally running out of MLB arms.

No Aggie fan should be surprised with how this has developed.
Ag_07
AG
So how in the fack can Lunhow trade for a entire new starting 5?
gigemJTH12
AG
iBrad said:

If we didn't have such a big lead in the division, would we be putting guys on the DL for these short-ish stints? Seems we're being overly cautious with some of these injuries.
I have been buying into this theory. Getting a little more sketchy now though. Although Lance will only miss one start.

Ag_07
AG
iBrad said:

Yeah I'm not buying this theory.

I would be more inclined to think that's what we're doing if we were bringing up quality arms. The guys we're bringing up are not ML ready and I find it hard the believe the front office wants to bring them up. At this point it's pure necessity.

At this point should Lunhow make a trade now for a BS #5 starter just to have a ML arm?
Ag_07
AG
Bet none of us would have ever thought we'd be missing this stud in rotation.

bigbass1170
AG
****kkkkk
3B Paul 97
AG
When does Devo move to the rotation?
Ag_07
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

When does Devo move to the rotation?

Never

The last thing we need is to pluck arms form the pen. Much less our best one
cone
AG
I don't get that.

did Aggie baseball have injuries or some *****
aggiematt235
AG
Buck Compton
AG
This is so ****ing typical. Offense better pick it up for the next few weeks, cause we're about to give away that entire lead we built up.

We're coming into a tough part of our schedule (division-heavy plus AL East) and our rotation right now is worse than anything we trotted out there during our 100-loss seasons, if you can even call it a rotation.

This isn't just them being cautious - this should be truly concerning. Very frustrating right now, but thankful there's even a 10-day DL to use right now.
iBrad
AG
I'm not saying that they are intentionally putting guys on the DL with made up injuries as a way to limit innings. I'm saying when something pops up like lower back discomfort, pinched nerves, forearm tightness, etc., they aren't taking any chances and putting them on the DL. I think having such a big lead affects the way they handle these things.

This isn't like the Spurs resting starters throughout the year to keep them fresh. You obviously wouldn't send your entire rotation to the DL at one time. I do think they are being very cautious in what they let guys pitch through, however.

The shorter DL stints also play a role in this. In the past, you might just skip a start. Now you can do that with a 10-day DL stint and replace them on the roster.

aggiematt235
AG
Buck Compton said:

This is so ****ing typical. Offense better pick it up for the next few weeks, cause we're about to give away that entire lead we built up.

We're coming into a tough part of our schedule (division-heavy plus AL East) and our rotation right now is worse than anything we trotted out there during our 100-loss seasons, if you can even call it a rotation.

This isn't just them being cautious - this should be truly concerning. Very frustrating right now, but thankful there's even a 10-day DL to use right now.
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, I think the 10-day DL is an ability they are fully utilizing. That being said, they can be cautious all the way to a collapse if they aren't careful. The offense will have to carry the club over the next few weeks, or you could very well see an extended skid where that lead isn't so big anymore. Then what do you do?

I haven't seen a rotation blown apart like this in a long time.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I see what you're saying.

I just think these are injuries in which a 15 or 30 day DL trip would have been likely if they happened last year.

I don't think these are the minor/knicked up injuries you describe.

I'm convinced Dallas' pinched nerve is something that is gonna linger. I'm no MD but pinched nerve doesn't seem like that's something that just fades away. I praying I'm wrong but I just don't see that healing up with 10 days rest.

Lance is just Lance. I was in the boat of it was not if he would the DL but when. His violent mechanics and use of the breaking ball may end to be a hinderance for him staying healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually later on down the line he moves to a BP role.
maca1028
Makes no sense to put all of your guys on the DL at the same time just to be precautous, one guy here and there, maybe two, but all!? Typical battered Aggie/Houston Fan syndrome is flaring up big time! This ****ing sucks!
CSWendt
AG
What's going to have to happen is Hinch giving these young starters longer leashes. We've seen him yank Paulino at 75 pitches through 4 because a couple guys get on. He's going to have to leave these guys out there (for better or worse) and let them try and work through some jams. Otherwise you'll end up with a bullpen that so exhausted its not any better than a pitcher nearing 100 pitches.
Buck Compton
AG
CSWendt said:

What's going to have to happen is Hinch giving these young starters longer leashes. We've seen him yank Paulino at 75 pitches through 4 because a couple guys get on. He's going to have to leave these guys out there (for better or worse) and let them try and work through some jams. Otherwise you'll end up with a bullpen that so exhausted its not any better than a pitcher nearing 100 pitches.
The key is you're going to end up with an exhausted bullpen, so that even when the starters do come back healthy, you end up blowing a bunch of leads anyway.
JJxvi
AG
iBrad said:

There is a 10 day DL now. You dont have to shut down a pitcher for a minimum of 2 starts, you can sandwicch 1 missed start in the middle of a ten day stint and call up somebody else, whereas maybe you'd keep a guy on the 25 man if he was only going to miss one start before.
TXAG14
Time for Lunhow to pull the trigger and get someone in here ASAP.
gambochaman
AG
might as well give Marwin a start at this point

worth a shot
Buck Compton
AG
Either way, offense needs to find a way to bury the Rangers this week. Take 2 of 3 at home and move on. I hope Musgrove is nice and rested and ready to go more than 5 innings.
gougler08
AG
So Musgrove is back to pitch tonight right? Basically we're swapping McCullers for Musgrove?
CFTXAG10
AG
Interesting.

Ag_07
AG
Yeah but the question is who do you start instead of Lance?

I assume it's whoever was going to start today if Musgrove couldn't have gone.

I say F it...Go ahead and let Martes start
Mr.Bond
AG
Gotta have that branding
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah but the question is who do you start instead of Lance?

I assume it's whoever was going to start today if Musgrove couldn't have gone.

I say F it...Go ahead and let Martes start
Lets just don't ruin his trade value.
Ag_07
AG
True.

But have to think his first ML start wouldn't hurt or help his trade value
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I see what you're saying.

I just think these are injuries in which a 15 or 30 day DL trip would have been likely if they happened last year.

I don't think these are the minor/knicked up injuries you describe.

I'm convinced Dallas' pinched nerve is something that is gonna linger. I'm no MD but pinched nerve doesn't seem like that's something that just fades away. I praying I'm wrong but I just don't see that healing up with 10 days rest.

Lance is just Lance. I was in the boat of it was not if he would the DL but when. His violent mechanics and use of the breaking ball may end to be a hinderance for him staying healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually later on down the line he moves to a BP role.
Is that you Keith Law?

Not a chance in hell LMJ ever throws from a bullpen in his prime.
irish pete ag06
AG
Right now...

LMJ (1 Start)
Musgrove
Fiers
Peacock
Paulino
Martes
titanmaster_race
this is so depressing

wtf are these guys doing in club astros that's putting them all on the DL??
astros4545
AG
I wonder how many starts DK would have to make to still win the Cy Young
First Page Last Page
Page 350 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.