***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,893 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

That's all 5 projected opening day starters

Who is starring this? Why would you star this?
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

I wonder how many starts DK would have to make to still win the Cy Young
I see DK and I still think Darryl Kile
Ag_07
AG
Excuse me...Ranger fans
aggiematt235
AG
titanmaster_race said:

this is so depressing

wtf are these guys doing in club astros that's putting them all on the DL??
Mr.Ackar07
Mr Gigem
AG
Gonna head down to Houston one weekend for my first game ever in Minute Maid. Can y'all give me suggestions on where to sit and what food options to try?

TIA

Fun Fact: I've never been to any ballpark beside the Rangers ballpark
CFTXAG10
AG
Mr.Ackar07
AccidentProne said:

Gonna head down to Houston one weekend for my first game ever in Minute Maid. Can y'all give me suggestions on where to sit and what food options to try?

TIA

If you go to a game on Saturday after 6pm or anytime on Sunday, street parking where there is a meter is free. If you get to the park before 6 on a Saturday, you only need to feed the meter to get you to 6pm. Street parking is something like $1.50 an hour.
bjraggie10
AG
Quote:

Fiers is now the de facto "ace"
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm both excited and nervous about Martes starting Wednesday
Mr Gigem
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

If you go to a game on Saturday after 6pm or anytime on Sunday, street parking where there is a meter is free. If you get to the park before 6 on a Saturday, you only need to feed the meter to get you to 6pm. Street parking is something like $1.50 an hour.
Would most likely Uber. Any bars around the stadium to pre-game at before the going into the stadium? Any seating suggestions?
3B Paul 97
AG
AccidentProne said:

TIA

If you have a Honda key, you can get onto the club level. I really haven't had any food that blew me away. Might be better going for Torchys or Shake Shack in CF.
Mr Gigem
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

If you have a Honda key, you can get onto the club level. I really haven't had any food that blew me away. Might be better going for Torchys or Shake Shack in CF.
Thanks. I have a Honda key so I'll check that out. Also, Torchys FTMFW! Wish the Rangers ballpark had something like that.
3B Paul 97
AG
AccidentProne said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

Thanks. I have a Honda key so I'll check that out. Also, Torchys FTMFW! Wish the Rangers ballpark had something like that.

I don't usually get to check out the bar scene, but Biggio's is close by. Maybe someone else can tell you if it is any good. There is also 8th wonder brewery if you like craft beers.

I have to stop being nice at 5 because it is mother ****in game day!
Ag_07
AG
Peacock on three days rest should be fun.
Basketball and Chain
AG
AccidentProne said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

Would most likely Uber. Any bars around the stadium to pre-game at before the going into the stadium? Any seating suggestions?

There's a bar across the street from home plate.

About 3-4 blocks away (next to BBVA Stadium) across the highway, there's Lucky's and Woodrow's.
Cen-Tex
AG
If you get a chance, stop by La Carafe on Congress St. It's the oldest bar in Houston and a cool hole in the wall. I think it was an old trading post business in the 1800's. Good cold beer, cash only and a historical marker to boot. Makes the Dixie Chicken look like Trump Tower.
Ag_07
AG
Go and hit Jackson St BBQ right across from the stadium. Good food, good beer, and good atmosphere.
Phrasing
AG
Quote:

There's a bar across the street from home plate.
I think it's actually called Home Plate IIRC. I haven't been there in a while, but remember it was always a good spot to have pre and post game beers.

Just looked it up, here is the link - Home Plate Bar and Grill

The rec above for La Carafe is spot on as well. Always enjoy that place and there are a ton of bars in close vicinity to it that are fun as well. Okra, The Pastry War, etc.

Also near the stadium is the bar at Vic and Anthony's if you want to go high roller style.

Another cool place near the stadium is Eighteen Twenty Lounge with Joystix right next to it. Joystix has all these cool old arcade games.
. . .
Quote:

Brad Peacock will start tomorrow on 3 days rest. He went 3 innings, throwing 76 pitches in a loss to the Angels Friday.

A.J. Hinch said the Astros are hopeful Lance McCullers will need only the 10 days on the DL. He's eligible to return a week from today.

Francis Martes will indeed make his first MLB start on Wednesday vs. the Rangers, A.J. Hinch said.

McCullers reported lower back soreness yesterday, was evaluated & seen by the doctors. Team knew he'd miss a start, decided on DL.

Martes was the Astros' only healthy starting option left on the 40-man. Devenski wasn't considered an option to start, Hinch said.

Starting rotation for Astros at least one time through: Musgrove, Peacock, Martes, Fiers, Paulino.
DVC2010
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

I don't usually get to check out the bar scene, but Biggio's is close by. Maybe someone else can tell you if it is any good. There is also 8th wonder brewery if you like craft beers.

8th Wonder is about a mile from the stadium, so it's a pretty easy walk, but if you want Houston beer and you're planning to Uber, my choice would be St. Arnold.
Farmer1906
AG
DVC2010 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

8th Wonder is about a mile from the stadium, so it's a pretty easy walk, but if you want Houston beer and you're planning to Uber, my choice would be St. Arnold.

Both are great. My 2 favorite Houston crafts.
Frok
AG
I knew it. Things were too good. Now everyone is hurt.

Always happens.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
AccidentProne said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AccidentProne said:

TIA

I haven't had the Torchy's in the park but there is a concession stand on 1st base side that does street truck type fusion stuff. I've had a mashed potato cone and some type of Korean bbq nachos that were both good. Club level is awesome and I think you'll see why I was so disappointed in the Rangers "Lexus Club."
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Starting rotation for Astros at least one time through: Musgrove, Peacock, Martes, Fiers, Paulino.

Is that the worst rotation in the league?
. . .
Ag_07 said:

Is that the worst rotation on the league?
Reds?

Scott Feldman
Amir Garrett
Bronson Arroyo
Tim Adleman
Asher Wojciechowski

Padres?

Jhoulys Chacin
Clayton Richard
Luis Perdomo
Dinelson Lamet

DVC2010
AG
J_R said:

Ag_07 said:

Is that the worst rotation on the league?
Reds?

Scott Feldman
Amir Garrett
Bronson Arroyo
Tim Adleman
Asher Wojciechowski

Padres?

Jhoulys Chacin
Clayton Richard
Luis Perdomo
Dinelson Lamet

Wrong league, so I guess the answer is "yes."
Mr.Bond
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Hilarious.... But seriously we will give you 10 days
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Pahdz
What was the story about Roy O in college having arm problems and shocking the crap outta himself while working on his trucks alternator and then suddenly the dude threw harder than ever? Have him go do that again and sign him up.
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Is that the worst rotation in the league?

It depends on which versions of those guys show up. Consistent it is not, but over five games, it could be okay. It could also be disastrous.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
http://static.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/schwarz_alan/1546453.html

Quote:

Oswalt: It was 1999. I'm at Class A ball, Midwest League. My shoulder felt like it was torn. It hurt so much I couldn't sleep at night. I had to take six Advil to go to sleep. It was just killing me. A month after I got home after the playoffs it was still killing me. There was definitely something torn. There's no way it can hurt this much with just tendinitis. I told my wife, "I'm gonna have to call the doctor."
I was outside working my truck, checking the sparkplug wires. I grabbed this one sparkplug wire, and the truck started, and the current just started shooting bolts through me. That made the muscles in my hand tighten up, so I can't let go of this thing. I was holding on to it for what felt like two days, but it was probably just a minute. I couldn't let go. Finally my foot slipped off the bumper and I got thrown off.
When I got up, my arm felt better. I went home and told my wife, 'You're never gonna believe what just happened.' About a week later I couldn't feel any pain in there at all. And I haven't since.
coastalAg
AG
BA and Keith Law both have us on Shane Baz now. I would be pretty pleased with that pick.
Farmer1906
AG
Don't let him get to TCU.
Pahdz
I don't know what is more impressive that story or the one about Billy Wagner teaching himself to throw lefty after breaking his right arm (in HS maybe to boot, although maybe earlier)
First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.