HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

434,040 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
What part of back to back to back 100+ seasons do you not understand? Even if they weren't on tv, no one wants to watch Lucas Harrell pitch, regardless of what team he's on. Why should the fans have given that ****head McLame their money when he announced to the world that he literally couldn't care less about the Astros? He was trying to sell them so he put nothing into it. As a result, the team was a bunch of has-beens and scrubs. The farm system was gutted and a joke. The MLB was holding the Astros hostage on top of that. Why would ANY fan support that crap?

So, attendance and buying team apparel doesn't matter....

quote:
Also despite that, the Rangers were nonexistent before 2010. You hardly ever saw anybody wearing Rangers stuff in high school or college. Suddenly, around 2010, that stuff was everywhere. I know quite a few people who used to follow the Yankees or Rockies from the Metroplex that suddenly were "diehard" Rangers fans.

Unless it involves the Rangers. Got it.

quote:
Rangers fans love to puff their chests and look down on the Astros (kind of like they are equivalent with the Yankees but have none of the hardware). The Astros know we've been a perennial cellar dwelling of a franchise (for most of their history). Yet despite that, somehow the Astros have an all time better winning percentage and more postseason appearances than little brother.
Can you really call a team that has historically dominated you and has more league pennants than you "little brother"?

quote:
There's a reason Josh Hamilton said it wasn't a baseball town because it ****ing sucks.
It's not a baseball town. Neither is Houston. There are very few actual "baseball towns".
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Also despite that, the Rangers were nonexistent before 2010. You hardly ever saw anybody wearing Rangers stuff in high school or college. Suddenly, around 2010, that stuff was everywhere.

That chart shows that the Rangers outdrew the Astros for the 16 years prior to 2010.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Also despite that, the Rangers were nonexistent before 2010. You hardly ever saw anybody wearing Rangers stuff in high school or college. Suddenly, around 2010, that stuff was everywhere. I know quite a few people who used to follow the Yankees or Rockies from the Metroplex that suddenly were "diehard" Rangers fans. There's a reason Josh Hamilton said it wasn't a baseball town because it ****ing sucks.
Literally the exact same thing could be said about the Astros in the late 90s.

In one breath you are saying the Rangers fans are bandwagon fans, and in the other you are saying that it's okay that Astros fans didn't support the team during a downswing. It makes zero sense.
Ag2012
AG
mhayden
Rangers sucked ass 2000-2003 (90+ losses) were out of the division hunt by late May. Averaged 30,451 those years.

Astros sucked ass 2011-2014 (100+ losses) were out of the division hunt by late May. Averaged 21,847 those years.

Almost 9k more a year playing in 100 degree heat as opposed to air-conditioning.

Attendance smack is pretty low, but there is absolutely no doubt which of the two franchises are "bandwagon" fans.

But hey, you guys have the longer Texags thread this year! You should make "Come and Take It!" shirts for that!
TexasRebel
AG
quote:

Where are all those die hard Astros fans at?

Out in the world living. Radio still works great. Better than ever in fact now that games are streamed.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
But hey, you guys have the longer Texags thread this year! You should make "Come and Take It!" shirts for that!
This calls for someone to take that 'Come and Take It' picture and photoshop a keyboard where the bat is.
747Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
There's a reason Josh Hamilton said it wasn't a baseball town because it ******* sucks.
It's not a baseball town. Neither is Houston. There are very few actual "baseball towns".
Hell, this is a football state. Thusly, DFW and Houston are actually football towns. And this is hardly any reason to assign suckage to a city. The weather perhaps (Hello, Houston.). Or the traffic (Oh, hai, Dallas!). Could even be the politics (Yes you, Austin.). Or maybe it has to do with lack of nice things (I'm looking at you, Waco).
Cappo
AG

quote:
Almost 9k more a year playing in 100 degree heat as opposed to air-conditioning.

Attendance smack is pretty low, but there is absolutely no doubt which of the two franchises are "bandwagon" fans.

Great post
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
So, attendance and buying team apparel doesn't matter....

No, attendance doesn't really matter. There are a lot of factors that play into attendance. I've never argued attendance.

quote:
Unless it involves the Rangers. Got it.

Apparel can be tied to fan support. I saw Astros stuff everywhere (nope didn't grow up in Houston), but don't remember seeing Rangers stuff anywhere until the recent play off stuff. Sure, it could be tied to the late 90s teams, I gues; however, it was pretty damn funny to get into arguments with "lifelong" Rangers fans who didn't even know who Rusty Greer was.

quote:
Can you really call a team that has historically dominated you and has more league pennants than you "little brother"?

More all time wins and more playoff appearances. Plus a better all time winning percentage. Take your pick of which stat to use.

quote:

We've never been called out by a crack addict though...there's a difference. By the way, it was quite hilarious to watch the "**** YOU JOSH HAMILTON" to "oh he's a good investment..low risk/high reward situation" saga that unfolded this year.

GrapevineAg
AG
quote:

quote:
Yet despite that, somehow the Astros have an all time better winning percentage and more postseason appearances than little brother.

EOT
Since both franchises have been in the state of TX, the Rangers have a better all-time winning %.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
Apparel can be tied to fan support. I saw Astros stuff everywhere (nope didn't grow up in Houston), but don't remember seeing Rangers stuff anywhere until the recent play off stuff. Sure, it could be tied to the late 90s teams, I gues; however, it was pretty damn funny to get into arguments with "lifelong" Rangers fans who didn't even know who Rusty Greer was.
Well damn, I guess your anecdotal evidence settles this debate!

Pack it up fellas, Duck Patrol doesn't remember seeing Rangers fans before the World Series appearances and he met some Rangers fans of questionable dedication! I guess we should turn the AL pennants and Silver Boot over to Houston and liquidate the franchise. It was a good run.
747Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
We've never been called out by a crack addict though...there's a difference. By the way, it was quite hilarious to watch the "**** YOU JOSH HAMILTON" to "oh he's a good investment..low risk/high reward situation" saga that unfolded this year.
Truth be told, the Rangers aren't' paying him very much. LAA is. So yes, the financial risk was low. Deal made sense as long as he could stay healthy and sober.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
Yes, I'm sure there are no biases in this at all. Funny, I live in Houston, and I rarely saw people wearing Astros gear the last few years. I imagine that was just because they didn't want to give McLane their money, right?

BTW, I didn't notice it because I don't go around checking for what team's apparel someone is wearing. If I see a Rangers hat, it'll catch my eye and I will notice it. Other teams though, I rarely notice. That's probably why I didn't see must Astros gear the last few years. I just don't care about them enough to notice when people wear it. Now, I did see a ton of Rangers gear at MMP this year when I went.

quote:
More all time wins and more playoff appearances. Plus a better all time winning percentage. Take your pick of which stat to use.
Head-to-head.....huge advantage for the Rangers
League pennants....advantage Rangers

quote:
Wait....harsh statements were made during a somewhat bitter divorce? He was already being booed because he quit on the team. I'm not sure what him being a recovering addict has to do with anything. He was a star player that left under tense circumstances. As for bringing him back, it was a good investment. You know what they are on the hook for w/ him next season? $0. They will pay him $2 million the following year. The Angels get the rest. Surely you can see that that is a risk worth taking given his unreal natural talents.
GrapevineAg
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Yet despite that, somehow the Astros have an all time better winning percentage and more postseason appearances than little brother.

EOT
Since both franchises have been in the state of TX, the Rangers have a better all-time winning %.
I'd like to add that the Rangers currently have a better post-season winning %: .432 > .379
Cynical_Texan
AG
So there's been smack talk about... football/baseball towns, team apparel, traffic, weather, attendance, thread length (I think you guys are compensating for something), which town has better fans, which town has the bigger ******bag fans, team winning history...

An actual playoff game can't come soon enough.

Edited for Smack Accuracy.
747Ag
AG
quote:
So there's been smack talk about... football/baseball towns, team apparel, traffic, weather, attendance, thread length (I think you guys are compensating for something), which town has better fans, which town has the bigger ******bag fans...

An actual playoff game can't come soon enough.

Don't forget history smack.
We fixed the keg
AG
I found these lovely little gems to get the hatred back on target and away from attendance.....Rangers fans enjoy.

quote:
Q: Why did the Post Office recall their latest stamps?
A: They had pictures of Astros players on them and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Q: Why do people like driving a car with a Astros fan?
A: Because you can park in the handicap zone!

Q: What do you get when you combine all 40 Houston Astros with 40 lesbians?
A: Eighty people that dont do dick!

Q: Why are the Houston Astros starting pitchers like orphans?
A: Because they don't know where home is!

Q: What's the difference between dirt and the Houston Astros?
A: Nothing...they both always get swept.

Q: What is the difference between a Houston Astros fan and a pot hole?
A: I would swerve to avoid the pot hole!

Q: What song do Houston Astros fans sing before the bottom of the ninth inning?
A: Nobody knows. There's never any of them left.

Q: How many Houston Astros does it take to change a tire?
A: One, unless it's a blowout, in which case they all show up

Q: What do you call 40 millionaires around a TV watching the World Series?
A: The Houston Astros.

Q: What is the difference between a bucket of **** and an Houston Astros fan?
A: The bucket.

Q: What should you do if you find three Houston Astros baseball fans buried up to their neck in cement?
A: Get more cement.

Q: Why do Houston Astros fans keep their season tickets on their dashboards?
A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

Q: Did you hear that Houston's baseball team doesn't have a website?
A: They can't string three "Ws" together.

Q: What do you call an Houston Astro in the World Series?
A: An umpire.
More from the source: Astros Jokes
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
Q: What do you call 40 millionaires around a TV watching the World Series?

A: The Houston Astros.
This one could have applied to 2005 as well.
We fixed the keg
AG
UncleNess
AG
Oh yeah, well our humidity is higher
PacifistAg
AG

What exactly are they challenging people to come and take?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

quote:

EOT

Okay sips.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:

quote:

EOT

Okay sips.

Do they need me to post the now updated Rangers vs Astros series again?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think so.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
perhaps World Series wins?
PacifistAg
AG
80-49.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How did they ever win 49?

Chipotlemonger
AG
They're too busy getting excited over a champagne shower pic or 2 over there to come on here.
PacifistAg
AG
38-19 since the Astros moved to the AL.
42-30 prior to the move to the AL
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
80-49.
Congrats on going 26-5 versus a team that was purposely built to lose as many games as possible.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Any excuses for the other 10 below .500?
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
80-49.
Congrats on going 26-5 versus a team that was purposely built to lose as many games as possible.
Don't forget 54-45 when you weren't purposely gutting your team, including winning 8 of 12 season series outside the ones you would like to exclude.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Only Astros fans get to blank out their dark times.

If you exclude all of the AB's where Altuve didn't get a hit this year, he actually batted 1.000. [/mr ackard]

But I guess they were blanked out since they weren't on tv and no one went to the games.
CampingAg
AG
quote:
Also despite that, the Rangers were nonexistent before 2010. You hardly ever saw anybody wearing Rangers stuff in high school or college. Suddenly, around 2010, that stuff was everywhere. I know quite a few people who used to follow the Yankees or Rockies from the Metroplex that suddenly were "diehard" Rangers fans
It's the exact. Same. Thing. For Houston fans, as well as most other franchises. Tough to see the forest through the trees?
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.