HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

433,624 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ya'll are a bunch of sissy ass pantie wastes.

I hate the Rangers and hope they lose every fckin game!!

GTFO with your 'Oh good luck, much success until you meet us' BS spiel. Sounds like ya'll are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
GrapevineAg
AG
Don't flatter yourself... the Astros haven't done anything to warrant the hate reserved for teams like the Yankees and Red Sox.
McGibblets
AG
What? No one said anything about "the Astros are one of the most hated teams" or anything like that. Hell, I'd go as far to say that most people are actually rooting for the stros, considering no one expected to be here and they're having such a good time doing it
Ag_07
AG
We're in the same division. That's enough right there to make me want the Rangers lose 162 games.

If you wish the Astros well except when they play the Rangers then you're a chitty Rangers fan.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
Don't flatter yourself... the Astros haven't done anything to warrant the hate reserved for teams like the Yankees and Red Sox.
Why do y'all hate the Yankees and Red Sox? They were y'all's team before the Rangers were founded in 2010....
mAgnoliAg
AG
Wow I haven't been taking part in this thread but reading these comments I see that the rangers fans on here are a bunch of *******s. Wow
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
If you wish the Astros well except when they play the Rangers then you're a chitty Rangers fan.
Man, astros fans really love to label who is, and is not, a true fan of another team. Yes, because they are in the same division, I hope the astros lose every game. In the playoffs, however, I'd much rather the astros meet the Rangers in the ALCS. The Rangers have owned the astros, historically and this year. It would be a much easier opponent than the Royals would be. That doesn't make me a "chitty" fan. It's just looking at it logically.
CampingAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Man, astros fans really love to label who is, and is not, a true fan of another team. Yes, because they are in the same division, I hope the astros lose every game. In the playoffs, however, I'd much rather the astros meet the Rangers in the ALCS. The Rangers have owned the astros, historically and this year. It would be a much easier opponent than the Royals would be. That doesn't make me a "chitty" fan. It's just looking at it logically.
On the Odor thread I mentioned that I was pulling for Houston in the '05 World Series because I wanted to see Biggio and Bagwell win one, and I was told I couldn't be a Rangers fan.
McGibblets
AG
I've come to the conclusion that rangers fans are the 2nd most self righteous ******bags in all of baseball, only behind the Cardinals
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
I've come to the conclusion that rangers fans are the 2nd most self righteous ******bags in all of baseball, only behind the Cardinals
Why is that? Because we can see the logic in hoping the astros make it to the ALCS if the Rangers also make it? What exactly have we been self-righteous about here?
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:

I've come to the conclusion that you don't get out much.
GrapevineAg
AG
Just wished them well against the Yankees - would rather face the Astros than the Yankees, if it comes to that.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Just wished them well against the Yankees - would rather face the Astros than the Yankees, if it comes to that.
Clearly you are self-righteous and not a real Rangers fan.
CampingAg
AG
quote:
You must not watch alot of baseball.
GrapevineAg
AG

quote:
Clearly you are self-righteous and not a real Rangers fan.

I'm surprised they didn't include "entitled" too!
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

Then you're stupid
GrapevineAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Then you're stupid
How so? I think it'd be great to beat the Astros to go to the WS.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then you're stupid

The Yankees suck. Although yeah it would be cool to beat y'all to go to the WS too bad y'all won't give us the opportunity to even play you.
GrapevineAg
AG
You almost sound like a sip who always wants the easiest path. It's not like the Rangers had trouble with either team this year.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then you're stupid

The Yankees suck. Although yeah it would be cool to beat y'all to go to the WS too bad y'all won't give us the opportunity to even play you.
Yes, the Yankees suck, but I wouldn't fear either the Yankees or Astros in the ALCS. The Rangers handled both teams this year, so I see what Grapevine is saying. If you are going to play a team you've handled easily all season w/ a chance to go to the WS, I'd rather it be the in-state division rival from a city that seems riddled with an inferiority complex when it comes to sports.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
quote:
Why do y'all hate the Yankees and Red Sox? They were y'all's team before the Rangers were founded in 2010....
Attendance in the past 22 years since the Rangers moved into the BPiA:

Year Texas Houston
1994 43,916 27,150
1995 27,582 18,942
1996 35,448 24,394
1997 36,361 25,269
1998 36,142 30,351
1999 34,253 33,408
2000 31,956 37,730 <-Enron Field opens
2001 34,952 35,880
2002 29,043 31,079
2003 25,856 30,299
2004 31,818 38,121
2005 31,480 34,530 <-Astros make WS
2006 29,490 37,318
2007 29,795 37,288
2008 24,320 34,741
2009 27,641 31,124
2010 30,928 28,784 <-Rangers make WS
2011 36,382 25,519 <-Rangers make WS
2012 42,719 19,848
2013 38,759 20,394
2014 33,565 21,628
2015 30,763 26,587

Avg 32,871 29,563

Where are all those die hard Astros fans at?
Sea Gull
AG
You mean a team that had back to back to back 100+ losing seasons, and weren't on TV for 3 years(thanks to that dumb piece of **** Baylor trash), had dwindling attendance!? Man, this guy must be the genius of the Rangers camp...
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Attendance in the past 22 years since the Rangers moved into the BPiA:

Year Texas Houston
1994 43,916 27,150
1995 27,582 18,942
1996 35,448 24,394
1997 36,361 25,269
1998 36,142 30,351
1999 34,253 33,408
2000 31,956 37,730 <-Enron Field opens
2001 34,952 35,880
2002 29,043 31,079
2003 25,856 30,299
2004 31,818 38,121
2005 31,480 34,530 <-Astros make WS
2006 29,490 37,318
2007 29,795 37,288
2008 24,320 34,741
2009 27,641 31,124
2010 30,928 28,784 <-Rangers make WS
2011 36,382 25,519 <-Rangers make WS
2012 42,719 19,848
2013 38,759 20,394
2014 33,565 21,628
2015 30,763 26,587

Avg 32,871 29,563

Where are all those die hard Astros fans at?

On top of that, the Astros play in downtown Houston, which one would think would help w/ their attendance. I just love that Astros fans make it seem like they stuck by their team through the lean years, then act like there were no Rangers fans prior to 2010.
TJJackson
You'd think no TV would help attendance
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
You mean a team that had back to back to back 100+ losing seasons, and weren't on TV for 3 years(thanks to that dumb piece of **** Baylor trash), had dwindling attendance!? Man, this guy must be the genius of the Rangers camp...
Let me see if I have this right:

• When Rangers attendance increases during good years, and decreases in bad years = Rangers fans are bandwagon fans.

• When Astros attendance increases during good years, and decreases in bad years = Well, of course that will happen. It's only natural.

Oh, and btw, you'd figure that attendance would be helped by not being on tv. If you can't watch them on tv, then you could always go to the game. Apparently Astros fans just didn't have any desire to actually watch their team.

Ag_07
AG
Attendance smack is the dumbest, most retarded, cop-out smack of all time.

It makes you look like a chump when you argue with attendance. There's so much more that goes into attendance of a ballgame than simple fandom.

It's show how ignorant you Ranger dipchits are.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:

It makes you look like a chump when you argue with attendance. There's so much more that goes into attendance of a ballgame than simple fandom.

Aren't y'all the ones that use the spike in attendance after 2010 as evidence that Rangers fans are bandwagon fans?
747Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Aren't y'all the ones that use the spike in attendance after 2010 as evidence that Rangers fans are bandwagon fans?
Just so I'm clear...

Rangers fans engage in attendance smack, and thus are dipchits.

Astros fans engage in attendance smack, and thus are not dipchits.

Makes perfect sense.
CampingAg
AG
News flash: 95% of pro sports teams are going to have a huge influx of fans when a team has success, and neither the Rangers or Astros are in the other five percent. Yes, the Rangers gained alot of fans in 2010-2011.Yes, the Astros gained/will gain alot of fans this year and in the years to come.

That's kind of one of the perks of winning, and it's asinine for either side to call out the other side for having "bandwagon" fans. That's the entire goal of marketing staffs everywhere.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
News flash: 95% of pro sports teams are going to have a huge influx of fans when a team has success, and neither the Rangers or Astros are in the other five percent. Yes, the Rangers gained alot of fans in 2010-2011.Yes, the Astros gained/will gain alot of fans this year and in the years to come.

That's kind of one of the perks of winning, and it's asinine for either side to call out the other side for having "bandwagon" fans. That's the entire goal of marketing staffs.
Exactly! There are very few teams that can sustain high attendance during lean years, and neither the Rangers or Astros are one of those teams. That's why this "Rangers didn't have fans prior to 2010" talk is silly. Rangers attendance follows the same pattern as Astros attendance. Win and they will come. Lose and not nearly as many come.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Just so I'm clear...

Rangers fans engage in attendance smack, and thus are dipchits.

Astros fans engage in attendance smack, and thus are not dipchits.

Makes perfect sense.
The funny thing is that the same poster said the final home game for the Astros is always a sellout, whether they are good or bad. When evidence was provided to refute that claim, he responded with:

quote:
You Ranger fans wanna start a GD argument over everything.

Just STFU and go back to whatever hell hole you crawled out of.

So annoying
Gigem Trevas
Is it Thursday yet?
Sea Gull
AG
What part of back to back to back 100+ seasons do you not understand? Even if they weren't on tv, no one wants to watch Lucas Harrell pitch, regardless of what team he's on. Why should the fans have given that ****head McLame their money when he announced to the world that he literally couldn't care less about the Astros? He was trying to sell them so he put nothing into it. As a result, the team was a bunch of has-beens and scrubs. The farm system was gutted and a joke. The MLB was holding the Astros hostage on top of that. Why would ANY fan support that crap?

Rangers fans love to puff their chests and look down on the Astros (kind of like they are equivalent with the Yankees but have none of the hardware). The Astros know we've been a perennial cellar dwelling of a franchise (for most of their history). Yet despite that, somehow the Astros have an all time better winning percentage and more postseason appearances than little brother. Also despite that, the Rangers were nonexistent before 2010. You hardly ever saw anybody wearing Rangers stuff in high school or college. Suddenly, around 2010, that stuff was everywhere. I know quite a few people who used to follow the Yankees or Rockies from the Metroplex that suddenly were "diehard" Rangers fans. There's a reason Josh Hamilton said it wasn't a baseball town because it ****ing sucks.

And, no, being downtown does not help attendance. I actually prefer the location to Globe Life...MMP is a major PITA getting in and out of. The old AstroDome was in a better location IMO, although NRG can be a PITA to get in and out of as well.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
The Rangers did well so their fanbase grew!! What a bunch of bandwagon fans!!!

The Astros did poorly and their fanbase dwindled? Well obviously fans just want to see a winning franchise!!!

This is why this bandwagon smack that you keep coming back to is dumb. No s*** teams pick up a huge influx of fans when they're successful and lose fans when they're not. It just makes you sound like a whiny b**** when another team is successful and you act like the fans don't deserve to celebrate because they aren't True Fans like you. This is an obscure board on an unaffiliated online forum. I think it's safe to say that everyone on here is pretty damn emotionally invested in their teams and have been for a long time.
Ag_07
AG

quote:
Yet despite that, somehow the Astros have an all time better winning percentage and more postseason appearances than little brother.

EOT
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.