HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

424,246 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
What money?
The $20 million a year they will pay Hamels once he follows the Rangers starting pitcher mantra and misses the majority of next year due to injury.
mhayden
quote:
What money?

For the Astros?

While not the traditional revenue generators, the Astros had to have tucked away a nice sum of money from:

1) Sales of "Come and Take It" flags prior to September 15th.

2) 2005 World Series "appearance" fee.

3) Money saved not printing "AL West Champion" apparel.

4) The large check someone certainly had to have written them for embarrassingly being forced to change leagues.

5) Money saved by keeping just one concession stand open for the previous 4 years that they averaged 100 losses.

6) The free air conditioning provided by Chris Carter's swings and misses.

7) With their wildcard game on the road, they can probably save a little money by not renting the Green Monster costume from Boston for "Orbit" to wear.

8) That flagpole has to be worth something

Mr.Ackar07

quote:
7) With their wildcard game on the road, they can probably save a little money by not renting the Green Monster costume from Boston for "Orbit" to wear.

You do realize that Orbit was around a long time before the Green Monster made his debut, right? And in any case, Orbit is miles better than the mascot y'all trot out:

DannyDuberstein
AG
^
Astros fan that knows the history of men dressed in a furry green suits. Does this guy know how to party or what?
TexasRebel
AG
The flag pole won't be worth a dime once it's off the field.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
^
Astros fan that knows the history of men dressed in a furry green suits. Does this guy know how to party or what?
That's because I'm not a bandwagon fan. I was actually alive when he made his debut. It'll only took a wiki search to figure out what the Green Monster was. Leave it to Ranger "fans" to obsess over something involving the Red Sox or Yankees.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
^
That's because I'm not a bandwagon fan. I was actually alive when he made his debut. It'll only took a wiki search to figure out what the Green Monster was. Leave it to Ranger "fans" to obsess over something involving the Red Sox or Yankees.
I love how every fanbase thinks that their fans are "true" fans, and all other fanbases are "bandwagon" fans. It's even funnier considering that it is coming from a fan of a team that, over the past 5 seasons (not including 2015), averaged about 23,000 per game. Now, when a team is as historically awful as they were over that stretch, it's to be expected. But you also don't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to talking about "true" fans.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It is completely moronic. What it usually highlights is a fan that has never had anything else to cling to because the teams he follows are ****.
hawk1689
AG
Houston fans are really quick to accuse Dallas fans of being fickle and fair-weather. I think it is an attempt to deflect the pain from their deep seeded shame in not being able to keep the Oilers from leaving, despite being a top 10 television market.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
^

I have to admit, I did not put much time into my Green Monster vs Orbit research.

I have brought shame to this thread.
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
^

I have to admit, I did not put much time into my Green Monster vs Orbit research.

I have brought shame to this thread.
byfLuger41
Cynical_Texan
AG
Beat those f'n Yankees.
gigem1223
I hope Houston mops the floor with them in front of their fans. Yankee fans are the worst and A-Rod can EAD. Here's to an all Texas ALCS!!
BassCowboy33
Texas guy also rooting for the Astros tonight!
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Texas guy also rooting for the Astros tonight!
Hell yea... The Yankees are the sips of MLB, except they have alot more winning seasons.

Cynical_Texan
AG
ES-CAR-GO... Boom goes the dynamite!
Houston Summit
AG
I love our new Astros fans for the evening
BassCowboy33
quote:

I would say most Rangers fans were very pro-Astros when they were in the NL. Obviously, that changes as they switch leagues.
gigem1223
Good job Astros! And congrats Stros fans!
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

I would say most Rangers fans were very pro-Astros when they were in the NL. Obviously, that changes as they switch leagues.
Exactly, I'll root for them when not playing them.

BTW... CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE REAL POSTSEASON!

Beat those uppity biatch Royals.

mAgnoliAg
AggieDPT
AG
Way to beat the Yanks. Better team won for sure.
Houston Summit
AG
My heart is so full
Corporal Punishment
AG
Way to go Stros. Best of luck against the Royals.
gomerschlep
AG
This thread just got super-gay. We need a Rangers-Astros ALCS to get it back on track.
adamhdonnell
AG
Congrats 'Stros! Good luck in the ALDS
Michael Cera Palin
AG
A Rangers-Astros ALCS would result in multiple bans on both sides. TexAgs casualties would abound
JABQ04
AG
quote:
A Rangers-Astros ALCS would result in multiple bans on both sides. TexAgs casualties would abound

Sheer and utter chaos. I'd like it.
Sea Gull
AG
I'd like to think the mods would just give in to the anarchy that would occur...
Post removed:
by user
onceaggie
AG
Go Jay's **** you homoplex fans
TJJackson
quote:
Go Jay's **** you homoplex fans

Hide behind the Jays skirt you limp wristed ******
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
Why do Stros fans root for a ALCS matchup with Texas? So the Rangers can destroy them some more? This matchup has just been dominated every year by the Rangers.

I ain't even skeered. Rangers won't get past the Jays though. Hell, no one will, except maybe the Cardinals.
747Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Exactly, I'll root for them when not playing them.

BTW... CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE REAL POSTSEASON!

Beat those uppity biatch Royals.
Agreed. Lifelong Rangers fan here wishes the Astros to do well (except when playing against my Rangers).
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.