HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

433,743 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I didn't say knowledgable baseball people thought the signing was bad. I meant the rank and file dummies in the press. "Contract is too big for a player on the backside of his career" and "he's forcing out the Rangers team captain".

Trust me, most knowledgable people saw what a liability Young was.

The point being - to get a guy like that, the Astros are going to have to pay a number that generally is perceived as too much.
Well, politely and without too much sass, I would say that there are not very many guys out there like Beltre. He is one of the greatest third basemen of all time. Guys like him don't grow on trees.
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
I didn't say knowledgable baseball people thought the signing was bad. I meant the rank and file dummies in the press. "Contract is too big for a player on the backside of his career" and "he's forcing out the Rangers team captain".

Trust me, most knowledgable people saw what a liability Young was.

The point being - to get a guy like that, the Astros are going to have to pay a number that generally is perceived as too much. and I've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned
FTFY
Shelton98
AG
My memory of the Beltre signing is that it was not all that well-received at the time because it was right after we lost the Cliff Lee bidding war to Philly. At the time it felt like (to me) that the organization was reverting back to Rangers of old where "we'll just out slug everyone" instead of signing an elite pitcher. Beltre has been worth every penny and is in my top 2 Ranger players of all-time.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
Beltre has been worth every penny and is in my top 2 Ranger players of all-time.
Indeed. He may be the most likeable player I've seen in a long time, even w/ regards to opposing fanbases. It's impossible to dislike Beltre. He just plays the game the right way.
mazag08
AG
quote:

quote:
Beltre has been worth every penny and is in my top 2 Ranger players of all-time.
Indeed. He may be the most likeable player I've seen in a long time, even w/ regards to opposing fanbases. It's impossible to dislike Beltre. He just plays the game the right way.
He's a class act. I think it's great that he's taking guys like Odor and Profar under his wing.
3B Paul 97
AG
This is all great dialogue, but we need to turn the hate back up in 4 hours.
mhayden
Well Giles already said we are going to get curbstomped tonight, so should we even stick around?
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Well Giles already said we are going to get curbstomped tonight, so should we even stick around?

Wasn't he the losing pitcher?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Giles may have started to do better but he seems like he would do well to stop trying to look like a hard ass and just pitch.
Ag2012
AG
Pucker up, Houston.

PacifistAg
AG
In Giles' defense, they have to try something. That franchise has been so completely dominated by the Rangers on the field, perhaps he's thinking this could light a spark. In the long run, I'm not sure it'll matter. AJ Hinch is still their manager. The 4-9 spots in their lineup are still weak. Their rotation is still Keuchel and a bunch of prospects/spare parts, and Keuchel has been their worst pitcher this season. They absolutely need Keuchel to pitch a gem tonight, because if he gets shelled again, that team may not mentally recover.
The Shank Ag
Corporal Punishment
3B Paul 97
AG
#Hinched
Aggie_3
DESMOND GOOOOOOO

Mr Gigem
AG
#shutupandplay
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Hinching at its finest
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
#Hinched
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Gomez should slap his head some more and see if that helps him get to that ball next time
Mr Gigem
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Valbuena not willing to knock that one down.

Ole, ole ole ole
Mr Gigem
AG
It truly is comical at this point
TexasRebel
AG
That was a great bases loaded 2 out at bat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:

This. Is. All. They. Have.
Ag2012
AG
I think everyone in the ballpark but Hinch knew that Keuchel was out there an inning too long. Seems like that happened in Keuchel's last start too.
toucan82
quote:
Gomez should slap his head some more and see if that helps him get to that ball next time

Come on, he would have needed to be Dwight Howard to catch that. And I mean back when he was good. Not the crappy version the rockets have.
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
Remind me what the score is. I'll wait
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:

This. Is. All. They. Have.
"They."

How about "he."

Most of us have nothing.
TexasRebel
AG
Hey I just turned the TV on to see that.

So far so good since I got home.
TexasRebel
AG
Somebody tape Gomez's eyes open.
TexasRebel
AG
quote:
quote:
Remind me what the score is. I'll wait

Ahem... I believe the go ahead run is at the plate...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not good. Cannot find his stuff
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
Not good. Cannot find his stuff
Don't worry, the way **** goes for yal Kemp will hit a piss rocket to 2nd for the game ending DP.
TexasRebel
AG
Kemp did a decent job of wasting a strike to draw the infield in... The double play depth infield.

If you're going to sacrifice go for the fly.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Please tell me more about your "talent"
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.