HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,287 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Better? You mean the Rangers team that wouldn't be playing .500 if they couldn't play the Astros, or the Astros that are still above .500 despite having a terrible record against the Rangers this season?
1) Rangers are 11 games over .500, so even taking away the multitude of wins they've collected against the Astros, they'd still be 4 games over .500.

2) Astros are 20-10 when Keuchel starts, but 57-59 in all other games. Astros are a sub-.500 team when Keuchel isn't pitching. Heck, they've been a sub-.500 team ever since they got off to a hot start in the first month.
You realize Dallas Keuchel is on the Astros right? Take any teams #1 and they'd be worse. That isn't groundbreaking news.
Yes, I realize that the Astros need Keuchel if they want to be anything other than a .500 ball club. He's a heck of a pitcher, regardless of the shellacking he received last night. As for the other point, Rangers lost 4 starting pitchers for large chunks of the season, including one of the best pitchers in the game, and they've improved from last year.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:

You realize Dallas Keuchel is on the Astros right? Take any teams #1 and they'd be worse. That isn't groundbreaking news.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not so sure you know what that means.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
quote:

He's saying that even though the Rangers don't have darvish they are still competing.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He's saying that even though the Rangers don't have darvish they are still competing.
When did I say otherwise? The Rangers would have more wins with Yu than without. Why would anything think different?
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

When did I say otherwise? The Rangers would have more wins with Yu than without. Why would anything think different?

Yup and we are going to see that next year
Cynical_Texan
AG
As much **** as either side talks, I'm glad its the Rangers and Astros playing for the division.

I hope the next few years it stays the same. I don't want to see those left coast F's win anything, SEA, ANA and OAK can rot at the bottom of the division.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup and we are going to see that next year
Should be decent. You only lose Gallardo & Napoli right? Other than some guys getting up there in age Tex should be good for a 2nd place finish again.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Tex should be good for a 2nd place finish again.
I've seen you repeatedly act as though it's a foregone conclusion that the astros will reverse their epic collapse and win the division. Are you going to be able to handle it if the Twins pass them and the astros miss out on the playoffs entirely?
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. It's so complicated of a message that I don't know what it means.

Just reminding you that the Rangers playing without a full deck and are still the better team. That it's taken a Herculean effort from a good pitcher to keep the Astros competitive, but they just lost the division lead to a team who got 22 starts this season from the dynamic duo of Ross Detwiler and Wandy Rodriguez.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
I've seen you repeatedly act as though it's a foregone conclusion that the astros will reverse their epic collapse and win the division. Are you going to be able to handle it if the Twins pass them and the astros miss out on the playoffs entirely?
I've acted that way because it is. Sure the Rangers are making it closer than I expected, but they'll choke and the Astros will turn it around.

Good luck vs NY.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I've acted that way because it is. Sure the Rangers are making it closer than I expected, but they'll choke and the Astros will turn it around.

Good luck vs NY.
You're right. A team that's been playing sub-.500 baseball for the majority of the season, a lineup filled with young players who aren't accustomed to playing in high-pressure, pennant chase games, and a rotation where the majority of guys that have already exceeded their career highs for innings pitched, is totally primed to stop their epic collapse on a dime and turn it around.

They may turn it around, but to act like it's a foregone conclusion is just silly.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck vs NY.
WHAT THE **** EVEN MAKES YOU THINK THAT ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN BASEBALL SINCE THE ASB IS GOING TO ALL OF A SUDDEN CHOKE AND COLLAPSE
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
WHAT THE **** EVEN MAKES YOU THINK THAT ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN BASEBALL SINCE THE ASB IS GOING TO ALL OF A SUDDEN CHOKE AND COLLAPSE
My guess is because he's witnessed one of the best teams in baseball for the first month of the season choke and collapse.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
My guess is because he's witnessed one of the best teams in baseball for the first month of the season choke and collapse.

Houston Summit
AG
Win tonight for Milo!
mhayden
Astros #1 Draft Picks this series:

Correa: 3 hits, .250 BA
Springer: 2 hits, .167 BA

DeShields: 4 hits, .286 BA
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Congrats on the 3 games sample size. You should be proud of your 700 OPS CF.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
You should be proud of your 700 OPS CF.
We are. He's a rookie and has been very solid for the FPTR this year. Given the strength of the rest of the lineup, we don't need him to have a whopping .791 OPS like your leadoff guy.

Also nice that he's not made out of glass.
Gigem Trevas
Aggie1906 is bleeding all over this thread.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Aggie1906 is bleeding all over this thread.
Not a single melt from me and yet not running and hiding after a loss, but please continue to say whatever makes you feel good. Good luck tonight.
mhayden
We also didn't have to lose 100+ games to get him!
Ag_07
AG
Nothing wrong with sloppy seconds if you're into that kinda thing I guess.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
We also didn't have to lose 100+ games to get him!
We didn't either. Our 100+ loss picks were Correa, Appel, and Aiken (who later became bregman and tucker)

#FactsAreFun
Houston Summit
AG
I'm surprised you didn't already know that, though, given how much real estate the Astros occupy in your dome
Gigem Trevas
Does McCullers make it out of the first this time?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Does McCullers make it out of the first this time?
I'm predicting a complete game shut out from the rookie ace.
Ag_07
AG
I like how they laugh at our top guys struggles when their top prospect, who they were all deep throating early this season, can't stay up here and is bouncing around the system.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Sooo ready for another beating?

Up by 2.5 has a good sound to it.

Just looked at the remaining Astro's schedule... you end the season with Arizona? wtf...
Mr.Ackar07
quote:

Congratulations on having a relevant 1st round draft pick on your team. The Rangers have done such a bang up job with all of the first round talent they've drafted. Joey Gallo will go far. I would say others, but your other first rounders are either on other teams or still struggling in AA.
astros4545
AG
The Rangers "sideline" reporter for TV is a guy

my lord Dallas is a bunch of ****s
Gigem Trevas
quote:

How does a reporter for the Rangers broadcast have any relation to the city and people of Dallas as a whole? Once again Houston hating Dallas for stupid reasons.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
quote:

How does a reporter for the Rangers broadcast have any relation to the city and people of Dallas as a whole? Once again Houston hating Dallas for stupid reasons.
Better question is why is he watching the opposing team's broadcast.
Ag_07
AG
Hey dumb fck...Not all fans live in their teams broadcast area.

And not all providers carry Astros games so when they're playing the Rangers some have to suffer the brutality of watching that garbage.
gigem1223
So he hasn't watched a game of this series till now?
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.