HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

433,121 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
HOWEVER calling the LAstros our big brother is so laughable.
Agreed.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:
I don't really get the whole Houston vs DFW hate. Cowboys and Oilers were never really rivals. Rangers and Astros are just now playing their first relevant games against each other. I am not from either city and have had mixed loyalties in the past (Oilers/Rangers fan, but now my NFL fandom goes where Johnny goes), so maybe I'm just missing something that you have to be a resident to see.

As for Rangers vs Astros trash talk about team history, it's really just laughable. They have a combined 12 division titles, 3 pennants, and a total of 4 WS wins. To say one is historically better than the other is silly. Neither have had much of a history.
Due to a few super rich neighborhoods in North DFW, people from Dallas get a wrap for being snobby *******s which Houston fans love to use for a reason to hate us. Personally I think that's funny since places like Katy and The Woodlands are just as wealthy.

The biggest thing I noticed was that growing up in Dallas no one had any animosity towards Houston. Mavs fans don't like the Rockets but it never went much farther than that. It wasn't until I came to College Station permanently for school that I realized how much Houston dislikes DFW. Just read through the Astros season thread and you'll see tons of posts like "time to kick the **** out of this dirty dallas trash" with tons of blue stars. Honestly it's kinda weird.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
LAstros have won 3 playoff series in their history, including an ass beating in the World Series.
Rangers have won 4.

Both historically suck yes, and this thread is for this series/season and the Rangers are smashing the LAstros face in.

HOWEVER calling the LAstros our big brother is so laughable.
Ass beating? Y'all got outscored by more runs in the 2011 World Series including a 16-7 schelacking in Game 3 than the Astros in the 2005 World Series.
Cappo
AG
One word for you

Swept.

I fail to see how runs matter when you're comparing being swept to losing the overall run total in general.
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
One word for you

Swept.

I fail to see how runs matter when you're comparing being swept to losing the overall run total in general.
We were within a couple of outs of winning some games. Much like y'all jack off about being within a couple of strikes of winning a series.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Y'all I swear I can't make this stuff up. I'm walking around campus and Kyle Field is playing music. They've been doing this all week I assume to test the sound system after all of the negative reviews after the weekend. All of a sudden they start playing audio clips of the Rangers PA announcer talking about the Ballpark in Arlington and special Rangers deals. Even an hour from Houston people don't care about the Astros.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
I don't really get the whole Houston vs DFW hate. Cowboys and Oilers were never really rivals. Rangers and Astros are just now playing their first relevant games against each other. I am not from either city and have had mixed loyalties in the past (Oilers/Rangers fan, but now my NFL fandom goes where Johnny goes), so maybe I'm just missing something that you have to be a resident to see.

As for Rangers vs Astros trash talk about team history, it's really just laughable. They have a combined 12 division titles, 3 pennants, and a total of 4 WS wins. To say one is historically better than the other is silly. Neither have had much of a history.
Due to a few super rich neighborhoods in North DFW, people from Dallas get a wrap for being snobby *******s which Houston fans love to use for a reason to hate us. Personally I think that's funny since places like Katy and The Woodlands are just as wealthy.

The biggest thing I noticed was that growing up in Dallas no one had any animosity towards Houston. Mavs fans don't like the Rockets but it never went much farther than that. It wasn't until I came to College Station permanently for school that I realized how much Houston dislikes DFW. Just read through the Astros season thread and you'll see tons of posts like "time to kick the **** out of this dirty dallas trash" with tons of blue stars. Honestly it's kinda weird.

Bold the section about people from Houston hate Dallas. I never knew people from Houston hated Dallas until I went to college.
Cappo
AG
I am the same way and a lot of my roommates were from Houston too and they're friends and they're friends...and so on and so on and son. So you obviously would hear a lot of it a lot of time and it's just...ridiculous.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Game on, let the insults and incorrect facts fly.
JABQ04
AG
What the eff blue. Horrible balls and strikes for both teams throughout this series.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Was that the t.u offense batting first... 3 n out.

Irving police need to arrest the Astro pitcher for a potential bomb, not a 9th grade kid.

EDIT: And speaking of bombs... Whats up NAPOLI
We fixed the keg
AG
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Ag2012
AG
quote:
Rangers want nothing to do with Keuchel

Bump
AggieDPT
AG
POW POW POW POW
Aggie_3
HEY Keuchel!!!

gigem1223
Oops
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:

Bump
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Pow pow
Aggie_3
HEY Keuchel!!!

Cynical_Texan
AG
Our midget is stronger than yours... ODOR with the HR
cevans_40
AG
quote:
quote:

Bump

Absolutely. Planning on running him early
Ag2012
AG
This is fun, we should do this more often
Gigem Trevas
I LOVE PLAYING THE ASTROS. FREE WINS.
mhayden
Well at least that way the Astros infielders can't complain about Odor sliding into second base and Keuchel can't complain about him taking too long in the box.

Send these chumps home, they aren't ready for prime time.
Cappo
AG
LOL

OLE DALLAS KEUCHEL GETTING DOMINATED
Wooo pig shi tty
Cynical_Texan
AG
Well... Keuchel barely made it out of the first inning... 17 game winner? Was he playing Baylor's schedule?

We fixed the keg
AG
Good news for Houston fans....you just freed up an evening to spend time with the family. . .maybe go out for a nice dinner. . .catch up on some of that backlog on the ole DVR?
Cappo
AG
quote:
Well at least that way the Astros infielders can't complain about Odor sliding into second base and Keuchel can't complain about him taking too long in the box.

Send these chumps home, they aren't ready for prime time.
LOL Busby said it best "Welcome to September" ... just left off *****es at the end
mhayden
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bump

Maybe that strategy will work for the Astros....throw while our batters AREN'T in the box.
mhayden
"Hou...errr Dallas, We have a problem"
Farmer1906
AG
Don't matter. Houston will still win the division.
We fixed the keg
AG
We fixed the keg
AG
Ag_07
AG
I hate all you MFers

Just sayin...
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.