*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,192,025 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
roginaustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I wouldn't mind that. I'd love for us to try to get Lucroy from the Brewers.
Adam87inSA
AG
quote:
Rangers first series against Toronto is on the road, May 2-5. The Jays make their visit here later that month - a weekend series - May 13-15
Bautista needs a fastball in the small of his back on the first pitch of plate appearance #1 of May 2.
Gil Renard
AG
O's have more a rep of being talkers in that series And *****es. They threw behind Bautista multiple times. Never stopped. Then he hit a bomb and jabbed at em. Goes both ways on that situation. And sorry I'll never root for those fake tough guys in KC. Sal Perez will save those Whiney conio pitchers for KC
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
O's have more a rep of being talkers in that series And *****es. They threw behind Bautista multiple times. Never stopped. Then he hit a bomb and jabbed at em. Goes both ways on that situation. And sorry I'll never root for those fake tough guys in KC. Sal Perez will save those Whiney conio pitchers for KC

The Os have more of a rep than canadia with Donaldson, Bautista, etc, as extreme delta bravos?

Nah.

They've been asses all year and are well known for it. And good for them. Don't like it, or bat flips, then you have to beat them. Throwing at them is just part of the game like it or not.
DallasAg 94
quote:
So what is the Rangers offseason checklist? For me, I say catcher, SS, and a middle reliever.
That's a weird lot.

There are only 4 AL Qualified Catchers:
Vogt (Oak) - .261 \ 18 HR \ 445 AB
Perez (KC-25) - .260 \ 21 HR \ 531 AB \ 142 GP
Martin (Tor) - .240 \ 23 HR \ 441 AB
McCann (NYY) - .232 \ 26 HR \ 465 AB

Chirinos (31-RHB) - Arb1: 78G \ .232 \ 10 HR \ 233 AB
Gimenez (32-RHB) - Arb2: 36G \ .255 \ 5HR
Wilson (32-RHB) - Arb2: 31G \ .221 \ 1 HR
Corporan (31-S) - Arb2: 33G \ .178 \ 3 HR

Minors:
Alfaro

We have 4 Catchers under team control for Arb money. Combine Chirinos, Gimenez and Corporan and the GP (147-142) \ HRs (18-21). Yeah, the BA sucks.

IMO, a Catcher is more about calling the game and both Chirinos and Gimenez seem to do that well.

Middle Reliever... We could use another RP. IMO, preferrably a Lefty. We have Dyson (R), Deikman (L), Tolleson (R), Kela (R) and Scheppers, Faulkner is a candidate.

SS - Aside from Andrus... who did you have in mind?! I know we squabble about Andrus' antics and his loss of focus... I think Hanser Alberto (22) would be a viable option (if they go that route). In 2014, he was the Minor League Defensive POY for ALL minor leagues.

We used to have a minor league system filled with SSs and 2B'ers... they are now on other teams.

I think the next one in line is Yeyson Yrizarri (18). Keep an eye on him. He played in Spokane in the PCL at age 18. That is a Short Season league where mostly college players go who sign after the June draft. Mostly 22-23 year olds. Then, because of the roster shuffling, he spend a week or so in Round Rock (AAA). He did remarkably well in both leagues. .265 in Spokane and .273 in Round Rock. I know nothing about his defense.
Cynical_Texan
AG
A big need for this team is a GOOD right handed Outfield bat.

Youll have Delino and Choo playing everyday probably, so you need a LF RH bat.

This is why the Rangers were all hot and bothered by Upton for awhile.
roginaustin
S
I saw chatter during the season about JD possibly making a run at Lucroy and I think that'd be a great option.

Not sure what to do about SS, but Andrus' struggles have gotten worse each year. Saw some improvement in the second half, but then he reverted to old habits.

I think a RH OF bat would be a good addition too
DallasAg 94
quote:
A big need for this team is a GOOD right handed Outfield bat.

Youll have Delino and Choo playing everyday probably, so you need a LF RH bat.

This is why the Rangers were all hot and bothered by Upton for awhile.
I don't think the Rangers (or anyone really) will sign anyone until late December early January, if I recall. Once the WS is over... FAs signing with their team will start to happen, but nothing really moves for a couple months. Sometimes everyone is waiting on a certain player to sign, before the dominoes start to fall. Amirite?

I think over the next 2 months we'll want to watch Brinson.

I posted this on the other Rangers' thread... If you want to follow him (et al Rangers), you can do so here.

Between Rua, Gallo and Brinson, I think those will be the likely leading candidates. Rua is likely gone, based on lack of reporting as he was requested. I think Leonys could be out of here, as well.

I could see Matt Kemp getting moved from SD. Leonys Martin would give them the CF they need. Last I checked, they had only poor fielding corner OFs and their biggest problem was no CF. The lack of a CF and poor defense ended up giving up more Runs, which made pitchers like Shields look worse than maybe they were. SD fixes the defense and suddenly their GM looks genius.

I'm not sure how Lucroy helps us.

Other than RHB, I'm not sure how Upton helps us, either.

Back to Brinson... if he shows anything this off-season and you think he is the answer long-term, it makes it real hard to bring in a money player.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Very true DallasAg. I haven't paid much attention to Brinson. I've seen how some of the Ranger writers have been on high him though.

Looking at his stats he's a big guy and a RHB. He hasn't spent much time in AAA but the time he has he just owned it.

If we've seen anything change with Banister coming in its giving the young kids a chance to play. He's worth a try imo.

You could use that money to go get another SP and RP.

While I'm all for moving on from Andrus, I just think that contract is to hard to move unless Rangers eat a large portion of it.
Ag2012
AG
Why isn't Profar on that stats page?
hawk1689
AG
I'd like to see them make a move for a catcher. Wilson Ramos is the guy who I think fits best as he is a right handed bat and he had a down year, so he might be available. The Nationals have some young catching depth. I wonder if Mitch Moreland straight up or Leonys Martin and a below top 5 farm prospect would get it done?
CampingAg
AG
It would be nice to get a solid catcher in here. That position has been a black hole offensively for us since the Pudge era.
Macarthur
Brinson has a chance to be a stud, but don't forget Mazara, too.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So my Take October hoodie that cost me $93 total can now be had for $54 in the Rangers online store. Wonder if I call and beg of they'll take pity on me and give me the sale price.
GrapevineAg
AG
They should change them from "Take October" to "Take the rest of October off".
roginaustin
S
And make some new shirts that say, #NeverEverQuit....like Elvis on routine grounders and double plays.
Mr Gigem
AG
TEXAS RANGERS INVITE SIX MEMBERS OF

MAJOR LEAGUE COACHING STAFF TO RETURN IN 2016

Andy Hawkins and Dave Magadan will not return in 2016

Arlington, TexasThe Texas Rangers announced today that the club has invited six members of manager Jeff Banister's major league coaching staff to return in 2016.

It was also announced that bullpen coach Andy Hawkins and hitting coach Dave Magadan will not return in 2016. Hawkins informed the club that he is resigning to pursue opportunities with other teams. Magadan and the Rangers made a mutual decision that he would leave the organization to seek opportunities in baseball closer to his home in Florida.

Members of the coaching staff invited to return in 2016 are third base coach Tony Beasley, bench coach Steve Buechele, assistant hitting coach Bobby Jones, pitching coach Mike Maddux, first base coach Hector Ortiz, and field coordinator Jayce Tingler.

Hawkins was the longest tenured coach on the major league staff as he was promoted from Triple-A Oklahoma to become the Rangers' pitching coach on August 1, 2008. He has served as the bullpen coach since the beginning of the 2009 season and has been in the organization for 14 of the last 15 years beginning in 2001. Magadan has spent the last three years as Texas' hitting coach after previous stints in that role with San Diego (2003-06) and Boston (2007-12).

- RANGERS -
Ag of Northern Virginia
The PC on this board is shameful. Just because someone acted on emotion does not mean his actions should be tolerated by anyone. And I was referring to his poor sportsmanship, classlessness, and thuggish behavior throughout the series and probably his entire career. Suspend him multiple games and take his pay so that it doesn't happen again by anyone. That is in addition to the Rangers teaching him a lesson of their own.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Nothing he did warrants a suspension. He was an ass. It'll get handled as the team sees fit. A suspension would be inappropriate.
Ag2012
AG
Surely this guy is just trolling...
Adam87inSA
AG
Suspension: of course not
Fastball in the ass: definitely
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
The PC on this board is shameful. Just because someone acted on emotion does not mean his actions should be tolerated by anyone. And I was referring to his poor sportsmanship, classlessness, and thuggish behavior throughout the series and probably his entire career. Suspend him multiple games and take his pay so that it doesn't happen again by anyone. That is in addition to the Rangers teaching him a lesson of their own.
I'm sure this guy loved the antlers in 2011.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm sure this guy loved the antlers in 2011.
Claw and antlers were directed toward the Rangers own bench, not the opposing pitcher.
Gil Renard
AG
quote:
quote:

The Os have more of a rep than canadia with Donaldson, Bautista, etc, as extreme delta bravos?

Nah.

They've been asses all year and are well known for it. And good for them. Don't like it, or bat flips, then you have to beat them. Throwing at them is just part of the game like it or not.

It's part of the game once. Part of the game twice. Part of the game 3 times? Okay. That's fine too. But OWN it. Yoast saying it's an accident instead of yeah it's part of the game would be another.
Gil Renard
AG
Again with that particular series. That bad blood goes further than you're mentioning. Much further.
Mr Gigem
AG
Lemon Chillllll!
Mr Gigem
AG
Mike Maddux...He gone
Ag2012
AG
Go on...
bigcat22
AG
Sounds like the Rangers weren't willing to negotiate, also heard Greg is gone too
Agineer
AG
Greg also gone
DannyDuberstein
AG
WTF. The series of blemishes of trying to transition relievers to starters was major fail, although that was more of an organizational failure IMO.

Bummer.
mhayden
I like Maddux, but there's nothing this pitching staff has done that has really made me feel like he's made a significant difference.
Hamburger Dan
Is JD or Banny is making the moves? Whoever they get, I hope that he can light a fire under the pitcher, formerly known as D. Holland.
Mr Gigem
AG
Rangers name new assistant coaches

COOL LASER FALCON
Did the Rangers hire Bannister late last year? It didn't really hit me until now, but it's weird that he kept all of the old staff on board last season.
First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.