*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,192,035 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
Ag2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at the last two games of that Houston sweep in May. Seats at the top of the first deck above the dugouts were just $20. Those were a fun couple of games.
Aggie_3
If I was bannister next year I make it known to the pitching staff Bautista gets earholed or you don't pitch
RAM 12
AG
Mavericks lose heartbreaker in 2006 NBA Finals. Flame out in an end of season collapse in 2007. Stupor along for a couple of years. 2010 they reach a better/past version of themselves as a hot team entering the playoffs, yet lose again in the first round. Then, 2011 happened 5 years after 2006.

Rangers lose heartbreaker in 2011 World Series. Flame out in an end of season collapse in 2012. Stupor along for a couple of years. 2015 they reach a better/past version of themselves as a hot team entering the playoffs, yet lose again in the first round. Now, 2016 will happen 5 years after 2011...

Just sayin. Rangers over Cardinals in 6.
CampingAg
AG
If Roogie did the same thing as Bautista in the same situation at home, we'd all be all over his jock.

The only thing I slightly had a problem with was him immediately turning and glaring at Dyson - even though, it didn't bother me that much. I love him, and he's been nails for us, but Dyson handled that whole inning like a baby.

MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
If Roogie did the same thing as Bautista in the same situation at home, we'd all be all over his jock.

The only thing I slightly had a problem with was him immediately turning and glaring at Dyson - even though, it didn't bother me that much. I love him, and he's been nails for us, but Dyson handled that whole inning like a baby.

Not me. I think it's a d*** move no matter who does it.

And yeah, Dyson was a baby about the whole thing, too.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dyson was definitely a *****
Ag of Northern Virginia
Finally saw the replay. Was wondering why people were making such a big deal but now it's obvious. I'm no Rangers fan, but what Bautista did was absolutely classless and thuggish and has absolutely no room in baseball. MLB needs to suspend for him for several games, and the Rangers need teach him some lessons when the teams meet next season. Toronto fans are also absolute trash. Umps should have called the game at that point, or at the very minimum, they should have emptied the stadium before resuming play. Absolutely sickening what happened.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
MLB needs to suspend for him for several games, and the Rangers need teach him some lessons when the teams meet next season.
Disagree. Yes, I am not a fan of grandiose bat flips, but that was clearly just in the heat of the moment. It was the climax to a highly charged situation, and I think his emotions got the best of him. At first I was annoyed by it, but if it were Prince Fielder, I'd probably be far more accepting of it, although I would completely understand why he got one in the ribs next season. A suspension though? Disagree. He crossed the line, but the circumstances were highly emotional. I'm willing to give some leeway on it.

quote:

Toronto fans are also absolute trash. Umps should have called the game at that point, or at the very minimum, they should have emptied the stadium before resuming play. Absolutely sickening what happened.
Completely agree. The fan behavior was embarrassing. Should have taken all the players off the field, and warned the fans that any further incidents would result in a forfeit. Of course, MLB isn't going to force a forfeit in a deciding game of a playoff series, but the fear of one would have calmed the crowd down considerably one would hope.
TV Casualty
AG
A suspension for a freaking bat flip? How about not letting him crush a terrible pitch for a game winning home run. You get him out and then Bautista can't do his little bat flip routine.

I was much more annoyed at Bautista and the rest of the Blue Jays constantly b****ing about every call being made on the field. The bat flip isn't that big a deal to me. Do your job if you don't want to be shown up.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bautista talking about his HR, etc. and article about the fans

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/toronto-blue-jays-rogers-centre-fans-trash-field-game-5-alds-texas-rangers-101415

"Still, security officials from rival clubs do not agree with Coutinho that fans in Toronto are "pretty docile" those officials frequently tell me that the crowd in Toronto is the roughest on visiting players in the AL. I'm sure many Blue Jays fans would object to that description, and heaven knows we're talking about only a small percentage most Jays fans, like most fans everywhere, are well-behaved."

Ag of Northern Virginia
quote:

quote:
MLB needs to suspend for him for several games, and the Rangers need teach him some lessons when the teams meet next season.
Disagree. Yes, I am not a fan of grandiose bat flips, but that was clearly just in the heat of the moment. It was the climax to a highly charged situation, and I think his emotions got the best of him. At first I was annoyed by it, but if it were Prince Fielder, I'd probably be far more accepting of it, although I would completely understand why he got one in the ribs next season. A suspension though? Disagree. He crossed the line, but the circumstances were highly emotional. I'm willing to give some leeway on it.

quote:

Toronto fans are also absolute trash. Umps should have called the game at that point, or at the very minimum, they should have emptied the stadium before resuming play. Absolutely sickening what happened.
Completely agree. The fan behavior was embarrassing. Should have taken all the players off the field, and warned the fans that any further incidents would result in a forfeit. Of course, MLB isn't going to force a forfeit in a deciding game of a playoff series, but the fear of one would have calmed the crowd down considerably one would hope.
Just because he's immature and can't control his emotions doesn't make it right or acceptable. MLB needs to crackdown on thuggish behavior from players (and fans) that are ruining the game. People think they can do whatever they want because MLB fails to enforce or engage in the name of political correctness and touchy, emotional feelings.
roginaustin
S
quote:
quote:
On a happier note

How about Beltre? Good gosh he is a badass

That bunt defensive play on Revere was nothing short of amazing

Beltre needs to give Andrus lessons.

The year we signed Andrus to his big deal (2013), he had a helluva year before that (2012). I would go so far to say at one point he was the heart of the team. He has decline every year since signing his 8yr - 120mil deal.

The schtick that is Holland and Andrus has grown old. I understand that 162 games is a long schedule and you need characters like this to lend chemistry to the team.

BUT... I'm not sure either of these guys take their JOB seriously anymore. And thats what it is, a 100 million dollar JOB that just happens to be a game.

Holland was hurt most of the year, but his mental toughness has always been questionable. When the team hits the playoffs he seems to fold. He has had ONE good game in the World Series and many mental meltdowns. The San Francisco walk-fest sticks out in my mind, I felt sorry for him and pissed off at the same time.

Andrus reminds me of my dog, she can concentrate for about 5 seconds and then she's off to play, roll around and not do anything productive. His lack of concentration and effort showed up this year, last year and every year since signing his contract. In 2014 he had 18 errors and finished 4th in SS errors in MLB. In 2015 he finished 3rd in SS MLB errors with 22. Thats a trend.

JD has held onto Holland because of his potential, he has been with the Rangers for 7 years. The highest Win total of his career with the Rangers is 16... He is 28 now, if he hasn't figured it out by now, he probably won't.

Holland has a team friendly contract and it is very tradeable, Andrus doesn't.

TLDR: Both will be back next year I'm sure and have yet to live up to their potential or contract.

Honestly, at this point, idk if Andrus will still be here. This may dog him and haunt him for a while, and he may need a fresh start somewhere else. Maybe a salary dump for another player that's not living up to his contract.
PacifistAg
AG

quote:
Just because he's immature and can't control his emotions doesn't make it right or acceptable. MLB needs to crackdown on thuggish behavior from players (and fans) that are ruining the game. People think they can do whatever they want because MLB fails to enforce or engage in the name of political correctness and touchy, emotional feelings.
Huh? This has nothing to do with political correctness. What he did isn't "thuggish". What he did isn't "ruining the game". MLB doesn't need to get involved. Next time the Rangers face the Blue Jays, if they feel the need to revisit the bat flip, I'm sure they will handle it as it's typically been handled in baseball...he'll get a fastball in the ribs, and we'll all move on.

BTW, is there an actual rule against what he did? If not, then how do you propose they suspend him? Is it annoying? Yes. I'm not a big bat flip type of guy, but I am also not going to act as though the bat flip is ruining the game.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Bautista's bat flip irritated the hell out of me but that is something that can and should be handled by the players in the field. If it irritated them they'll let him know and if not then they're the ones who's opinions really matter on it as far as retaliation goes.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Bautista's bat flip irritated the hell out of me but that is something that can and should be handled by the players in the field. If it irritated them they'll let him know and if not then they're the ones who's opinions really matter on it as far as retaliation goes.
Can't disagree with this.

And calls for anyone to get ear-holed are just dumb.
PacifistAg
AG
Agreed about calls for getting ear-holed. Just get revenge on the field. I'm sure Dyson will put one in his ribs the first chance he gets, but I'd prefer to just put it behind them and move on. No need to let them eat at you all offseason and then spill over into next year.
DallasAg 94
quote:
**** Bautista

I'd take that pic down...
Phat32
AG
Count me as one who will be at the first Toronto game next season hoping for an ear holing. Unwritten rules must be followed.
Macarthur
I hated it for the fact that he gave a menacing stare at the pitcher and then the exagerated flip.

I don't have a big problem with the bat flip by itself. The problem with so many that are saying this is not big deal or are calling folks like me old men (get off my lawn) is that this thing didn't just happen in a vacuum. Bautista, as well as much of that Jays team, have a big rep for being major talkers. That entire team acts like a bunch of jackasses that 'have never been there'. Go back and check out the episode earlier this year with Baltimore.

And don't claim that folks like me don't like to allow celebration. I think these guys should have a good time, just don't peer out at the mound like you're staring a hole through the pitcher and then give the exagerated toss. I think BAutista is a major '*****'.

For the record, I'm linking the Morales HR from last night. Big moment and the celebration was understandable and justified. However, what he didn't do was direct his celebration at the pitcher, like Bautista did.

http://www.amazon.com/Dropcam-Wi-Fi-Wireless-Monitoring-Camera/dp/B006P88VSE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444849230&sr=8-2&keywords=Dropcam+Pro+Wi-Fi+Wireless+Video+Monitoring+Security+Camera

Aggie_3
Bautista needs to get ear holed every at bat against us next year little cry baby thug ass ***** **** him and **** the blue jays and **** andrus they can each go **** themselves in their ****ing ass
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
quote:
**** Bautista

I'd take that pic down...
PacifistAg
AG
Yeah I had a much bigger issue with the stare down than I did the bat flip.
roginaustin
S
quote:
Count me as one who will be at the first Toronto game next season hoping for an ear holing. Unwritten rules must be followed.

I second this. Don't know who id rather get ear holed first, Donaldson or Bautista.
TexasAggiesWin
S
I posted this on the GB as well... but here is my take

I love bat flips. I love people who play the game with emotion. When your player does that, you love it. When the other team does it, they are the worst player ever and should be 'hit' the next time they get in the batter's box. In my opinion, if you have a problem with it, don't give up a HR.

I get tired of hearing some within baseball say that this is not the 'right' way to play the game. It's not right for the pitcher to chirp at the batter either after giving up a 450 foot HR, but they get a pass because 'the other guy' is 'showing him up'.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Agree. no problem with Bautista

Donaldson however is a ****** of epic proportions....cursing at Kela was worse than Dyson getting sand in his vagina
Ag2012
AG
I have nothing against bat flips. It was a big moment and he earned the right to celebrate. If it had been a Rangers player who pimped a big homer like that we'd love it and post the gif a thousand times over the course of the next season. That said, I also have nothing against pitchers making the batter wear one the next time he comes to the plate if he shows them up. That's just the way the game is played.
PatAg
AG
You don't throw at his head, you ****ing pyschopaths.

You do, however, drill him in the ribs every at bat of the game. And when the ***** tries to charge the mound, because he is such a big tough guy, just look at his beard!, you beat his ass.
Mr Gigem
AG
Lol okay this is kinda funny

We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:
Rangers fans, should we be gay like Houston fans and start reminiscing our favorite plays for the season. Or do we move on to next season because we are adults?
What's wrong with reminiscing on the season?

I don't see anything wrong, but they seem to revolve around plays against the Rangers....even more pathetic, they celebrate dickhole buttista's home run like it had anything to do with their organization.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
I'm really hoping first game against the Jays next year bring Bautista and encarnacion really bad headaches from the ear holing they get.

I'm still pissed
Add Donaldson to this list, and I am all in. For Donaldson, every slide into second should be spikes up.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
You don't throw at his head, you ****ing pyschopaths.

You do, however, drill him in the ribs every at bat of the game. And when the ***** tries to charge the mound, because he is such a big tough guy, just look at his beard!, you beat his ass.
Self-policing is one of the great things about hockey and baseball. Does the MLB need to get involved with a suspension? No, that is laughable. He didn't break any game play rules. There are; however, unwritten baseball rules. The bat flip wasn't the only thing. If you watched the series, he spent every possible moment *****ing about pitches, trying to stir **** up, MF-ing everyone from the dugout, staring people down and talking ****, etc. Just like Donaldson's bull**** quick pitch wind (if you aren't ready to go, call for time or don't get set in the batter's box).

I fully expect him to get leveled his next at bat against Texas, and he deserves it when it does happen.
CampingAg
AG
Rangers first series against Toronto is on the road, May 2-5. The Jays make their visit here later that month - a weekend series - May 13-15
roginaustin
S
So what is the Rangers offseason checklist? For me, I say catcher, SS, and a middle reliever.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
So what is the Rangers offseason checklist? For me, I say catcher, SS, and a middle reliever.
I'll go with another SP, LF and C.
Cappo
AG
quote:
Go after Cespedes. Need some right handed power
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.