*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,192,051 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
adamhdonnell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't get to watch the game today, but I heard all about the seventh inning. What a way to lose. I will say that Im plenty excited for next season. I'm interested to see where we go with our potential open rotation spots. I think this team will be right back in the thick of things next year, and I can't wait for spring training.
Ag2012
AG
Soooooooo speaking of disappointing middle infielders... What's the status of Profar?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I have no words for that 7th inning. I've been so invested in this team this year that I'm just broken on the inside. Honestly I feel worse than after 2011. Thanks for everyone in this thread for allowing me to celebrate and vent frustrations throughout the season.
bigcat22
AG
Just had a buddy tell me "Dez caught it, Elvis should have caught it."

Time for a good sports cry
adamhdonnell
AG
Looks like I'm a Royals/Cubs/Dodgers/Mets fan the rest of the way. After the scene in Toronto today I hope that fan base goes another 22 years without a postseason appearance. Also, I can't stand Donaldson and Bautista.
DannyDuberstein
AG
**** those Toronto fans. That was the worst display I've ever seen at an MLB game outside of 10 cent beer night, but at least the 10 cent beer night folks had an excuse.
brad1313
quote:
I know it's too early, but DD just isn't a good CF, and I don't know if he'll ever be even average. He is really better suited for LF, but then you need a CF. I'm wondering if maybe Elvis could move to the OF. He has a much stronger arm than DD, and it would solve the problem of the RH OF bat. You backfill the middle IF with some combo of Odor, Profar, and Alberto, all of whom are better defensively.
Lewis Brinson will be the centerfielder by the end of 2016. Will be a much better defender and hitter than DD. Doesn't have quite the speed of DD, but is RH OF bat with power and plus+ defense.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Looks like I'm a Royals/Cubs/Dodgers/Mets fan the rest of the way. After the scene in Toronto today I hope that fan base goes another 22 years without a postseason appearance. Also, I can't stand Donaldson and Bautista.
Go Cubs!
Chipotlemonger
AG
It was cool to see what 10 cent beer night was like in real time today.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
This
Hamburger Dan
Go Cubs. Maybe, go Royals. It will be hard to root for anyone else.
Gil Renard
AG
what a series. Love Gibbons and Bannister. Both have helped take their clubs to successful seasons. Bautista, Odor, Donaldson, Dyson, ect are not likeable guys if you're not a Jays/Rangers fan, but it makes for good drama for the average spectator
Gil Renard
AG
Royals are the most hated team by MLB. Blue Jays are up there with them, maybe not the most, but this series will have plenty of drama and hate history with these two clubs.
roginaustin
S
quote:
Royals are the most hated team by MLB. Blue Jays are up there with them, maybe not the most, but this series will have plenty of drama and hate history with these two clubs.

Good. I hope Ventura hits Donaldson with a fastball right in the earhole.
AgBQ-00
AG
I say go Cubs. F the BJ's. So on that basis go Royals
Nagler
AG
It doesn't bother me that we lost. It's the way we lost. 3 errors in one inning with another pop up that should have been caught.

Elvis what the hell was that. Terrible game and just completely **** the bed in the 7th. Honestly I don't know that I'll ever be able to get over this inning from a cheering for him perspective. He'll need to bat .500 in a World Series with a win to get me back on his bandwagon. I'd try to find me a new shortstop and see who will take him mammoth contract

Moreland had an awful series. I was calling for Nap from game 3. I have to believe he could have helped out more than that.

Dyson messed up but he should have never been in that position.

You bring Cole Hamels in for that game and he does exactly what he is supposed to. Then the team helps him out in the oh so special Rangers way.

All that being said, this isn't even in the same ballpark as game 6 2011 for me. Being one strike away twice, is and will be(until the Ags change it), the most heartbreaking sports moment of my life. 4 years later it still hurts.

Go Rangers, go to hell Andrus.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

All that being said, this isn't even in the same ballpark as game 6 2011 for me. Being one strike away twice, is and will be(until the Ags change it), the most heartbreaking sports moment of my life. 4 years later it still hurts.

Go Rangers, go to hell Andrus.
Then I hope it never ever changes!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
what a series. Love Gibbons and Bannister. Both have helped take their clubs to successful seasons. Bautista, Odor, Donaldson, Dyson, ect are not likeable guys if you're not a Jays/Rangers fan, but it makes for good drama for the average spectator
What's unlikeable about Odor? He's a little happy elf.
Mr Gigem
AG
I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little bit last night.

As bad as his errors were in the 7th, you've got to feel bad for Elvis. He had a rough start to the reason, but since the all-star break his defense has been on another level. And for that inning to go the way it did for him and that being the catalyst for the Blue Jays ultimately winning that game is just heartbreaking.

Elvis is one of my favorite players. He plays with a lot of heart. But at the end of the day, you're a professional baseball player that is paid EXTREMELY well to make those plays

But that's just how baseball go, I guess. 171 more days until opening days
DeangeloVickers
AG
On a happier note

How about Beltre? Good gosh he is a badass

That bunt defensive play on Revere was nothing short of amazing
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
On a happier note

How about Beltre? Good gosh he is a badass

That bunt defensive play on Revere was nothing short of amazing

Beltre needs to give Andrus lessons.

The year we signed Andrus to his big deal (2013), he had a helluva year before that (2012). I would go so far to say at one point he was the heart of the team. He has decline every year since signing his 8yr - 120mil deal.

The schtick that is Holland and Andrus has grown old. I understand that 162 games is a long schedule and you need characters like this to lend chemistry to the team.

BUT... I'm not sure either of these guys take their JOB seriously anymore. And thats what it is, a 100 million dollar JOB that just happens to be a game.

Holland was hurt most of the year, but his mental toughness has always been questionable. When the team hits the playoffs he seems to fold. He has had ONE good game in the World Series and many mental meltdowns. The San Francisco walk-fest sticks out in my mind, I felt sorry for him and pissed off at the same time.

Andrus reminds me of my dog, she can concentrate for about 5 seconds and then she's off to play, roll around and not do anything productive. His lack of concentration and effort showed up this year, last year and every year since signing his contract. In 2014 he had 18 errors and finished 4th in SS errors in MLB. In 2015 he finished 3rd in SS MLB errors with 22. Thats a trend.

JD has held onto Holland because of his potential, he has been with the Rangers for 7 years. The highest Win total of his career with the Rangers is 16... He is 28 now, if he hasn't figured it out by now, he probably won't.

Holland has a team friendly contract and it is very tradeable, Andrus doesn't.

TLDR: Both will be back next year I'm sure and have yet to live up to their potential or contract.
Phat32
AG
Why take Hamels out there? The bases being loaded was not his fault.
Muy
AG
Enjoying breakfast and thinking "Toronto's players, fans, coach and the entire city can suck on my left one." What an awful collection of a-holes, so undeserving based on how they behaved yesterday.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Pitch count was around 110, maybe?
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
quote:
That, and I'm sure Banister liked the match up better given that Dyson has been a ground ball machine. I probably would've gone with Diekman for the 7th and 8th, then brought Dyson in for the 9th had we still had a lead.

But I guess that's why I'm up in the sales office and not in the dugout
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That, and I'm sure Banister liked the match up better given that Dyson has been a ground ball machine. I probably would've gone with Diekman for the 7th and 8th, then brought Dyson in for the 9th had we still had a lead.

But I guess that's why I'm up in the sales office and not in the dugout
Has Elvis given his official "I'm a dumbass" apology to the team yet?
Mr Gigem
AG
**** Bautista

Muy
AG
Rangers fans, should we be gay like Houston fans and start reminiscing our favorite plays for the season. Or do we move on to next season because we are adults?
Motel California
S
quote:
Rangers fans, should we be gay like Houston fans and start reminiscing our favorite plays for the season. Or do we move on to next season because we are adults?

This one time at band camp..
CampingAg
AG
quote:
What's wrong with reminiscing on the season?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
What's wrong with reminiscing on the season?

I agree. The season just ended. Nothing wrong with looking back at a VERY fun season.

Of course, if you just wanted to take a shot at Houston fans, then carry on.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm really hoping first game against the Jays next year bring Bautista and encarnacion really bad headaches from the ear holing they get.

I'm still pissed
TV Casualty
AG
quote:

He left Hamels in originally because of the back to back lefties in the blue jay's lineup. Of course everything went to hell and the bases were loaded with their big right handed power bats coming up.

Those guys are tough to pitch to even for Hamels. Bannister brought in Dyson to match up with their right handed bats. Dyson has been so good that the move made sense. It was just a difficult situation.
CampingAg
AG
I'll start. Some memorable moments for me this year.

• I went to a game against Seattle. The first series we had against them at the end of April. It was freezing, the ballpark was lifeless, Yovani was his usual slow-working, frustrating self, and we ended up getting swept. At that point, if I had to bet on the Rangers or the field to win the West, I would have bet my life on the field.
  • The sweep at Houston in early May was fun, although both teams were still expected to be near the bottom of the standings
  • Winning 2 of 3 at Boston, then sweeping at New York was the first time I really saw the potential this team had
  • WANDY RODRIGUEZ broke the club record for most consecutive outs
  • The home and home with the Dodgers was cool, especially staying up late to watch the Rangers at Dodger Stadium - and then getting balked off the last game
  • Went the July 4th game, obviously memorable for the wrong reasons - at this point I thought our good play in May/June was simply a mirage.
  • Then came the Banny/Hinch incident in Houston - very fun game for the good guys - wish we could've won Sunday to take the series
  • I was at the Saturday Giants game (the Scheppers debacle). While it was a disaster, it was a lively atmosphere and it was fun watching meaningful baseball on August 1st
  • Watching a game at Seattle from Foley's Bar in New York in August was awesome - even though we lost. It was one of Hamel's first starts with us.
  • Watching Colby Lewis of all people take a perfecto to the 8th in Detroit.
  • Went to game 2 of the Detroit series a couple of weeks ago with some buddies. We had a comfortable lead and watch the last few innings of the OAK/LAA game on my phone - the Zito/Richards game. They cut in on the video board to show the final out and the fans went crazy.
  • The September sweep against Houston was probably my second favorite moment - after of course Sunday 9/4. I got to be at games 1 and 4 of that series.
  • And then of course the final Angels series. Getting shut down by Jered Weaver Friday, melting down on Saturday, and Hamels saving our butts on Sunday.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Andrus straight steal of home was a noteworthy moment.
First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.