Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,512 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Coby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
**** this ****.

I still blame Gomez. Are we seriously stuck with this dude next year?

If we blame him we should also thank him for his contribution through the last month and post season. Dude gutted it out through pretty excruciating pain.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Is Lowrie on contract for next season?

I don't think so. Thank god.

Guy is a glass doll and I'm tired of his BS. He's a waste of a roster spot.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Someone start the offseason thread.

If not, convince me that signing cespedes wouldn't help us out immensely.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
**** this ****.

Of everyone to blame you pick Gomez?

Good god some of you people are retarded. Save it for your radio call in tomorrow.
Coby
AG
Well I don't want to lie to you...
miller0926
AG

• AL Cy-Young
  • AL Rookie of the Year
  • possibly AL Manager of the Year (I don't care how much y'all hate it)
  • Led the AL West for approximately 4/5 of the season
  • Beat the Yankees in NY in the Wildcard game, the most watched ESPN baseball game since '03
  • 6 outs away from beating the defending AL Champs to advance to the ALCS

All of this with the 2nd lowest payroll and 2 years removed from 111 losses. No matter how you spin it, this season was a huge success on so many levels. I went to 36 games this season (easily the most I've attended for any of my teams in one year), and don't regret a single penny. This team was a blast to watch every damn day.

Also hats off to y'all for such an awesome thread this season. I couldn't watch a single game on TV (or in attendance even) without having this open. It may sound stupid, but I'm gonna bookmark or store this thread somewhere, so in like 15-20 years when someone like Correa or McCullers is about to retire or go into the Hall, I can bump it for y'all and show my friends and kids where I was when it all began.

The future looks freaking bright. I'm so pumped for next year and the 2016 thread. I love you motherf***ers, y'all better be back.
jopatura
AG
I would have liked to see Gomez be the DH tonight and Marisnick out in center. I wonder what would have happened if we had a healthy CF.
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
**** this ****.

Of everyone to blame you pick Gomez?

Good god some of you people are retarded. Save it for your radio call in tomorrow.

We don't need flamboyant soft bodies in the lineup. Give me Jake Marisnik any day of the week.
InnerCityAg
LOL. WE SUCK HARD DONKEY.
mid90
AG
Beautiful season. Revived baseball in houston for sure.
mid90
AG
So.....which game next season are we going to purchase group seats through the ticket office and be fans of the game on root sports? I volunteer to do the interview with julia.
mid90
AG
We could have had Carlos Correa and Kris Bryant battling it out in our infield for ROY.

Instead we have Mark Appel being all kinds of mediocre in AAA.
Ags #1
AG
At the time we needed pitching in a bad way.
The Beef01
AG
quote:

• AL Cy-Young
  • AL Rookie of the Year
  • possibly AL Manager of the Year (I don't care how much y'all hate it)
  • Led the AL West for approximately 4/5 of the season
  • Beat the Yankees in NY in the Wildcard game, the most watched ESPN baseball game since '03
  • 6 outs away from beating the defending AL Champs to advance to the ALCS

All of this with the 2nd lowest payroll and 2 years removed from 111 losses. No matter how you spin it, this season was a huge success on so many levels. I went to 36 games this season (easily the most I've attended for any of my teams in one year), and don't regret a single penny. This team was a blast to watch every damn day.

Also hats off to y'all for such an awesome thread this season. I couldn't watch a single game on TV (or in attendance even) without having this open. It may sound stupid, but I'm gonna bookmark or store this thread somewhere, so in like 15-20 years when someone like Correa or McCullers is about to retire or go into the Hall, I can bump it for y'all and show my friends and kids where I was when it all began.

The future looks freaking bright. I'm so pumped for next year and the 2016 thread. I love you motherf***ers, y'all better be back.

I'm a fan that refuses to accept moral victories and refused to sell this team short by buying into the "they're overachieving" narrative. That said, now that it's over...this is a solid post that sums it up.

I'm still Iffy on Hinch, but God I hope he learns from some stretch run mistakes this year and proves it wasn't just some luck on his part.
PatAg
AG
I was really hoping both the Rangers and Astros would win, so the media would be forced to cover/pump one of us up.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:
I would have no qualms with Marwin being our everyday third baseman

I want him on the roster but not starting every day. Need more pop than he offers

Agreed. Marwin is a super utility guy (much like Eric Bruntlett back in the 05 postseason run), but he's not a guy you want starting everyday. You want him on the roster to have a guy to pencil in at multiple positions, but having him be a full time starter isn't ideal.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
What is Summit's winning percentage at the Juice Box going to be this year?

Went to 9 games this year. Had a record of 6-3. Much better than previous years
texasaggie2015
AG
I was actually 7-1. My one loss came on McCullers debut.
mwm
Gee, the sun did come up this morning...

Okay. Top 10 memories for the 2015 season.

I'll start: Bagwell.

Go.

HossAg
AG
Altuve walk off Hr
ClickClack
AG
Castro walk-off.

George Springer robbing a grand slam in extras in Arlington.
TexAgs1992
Fiers no-hitter
mid90
AG
Keuchel yelling at Deshields to sit down after striking him out, in route to a 10-0 win over the Rangers the day after the Odor dustup
mid90
AG
and the gummy bears
astros4545
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would have no qualms with Marwin being our everyday third baseman

I want him on the roster but not starting every day. Need more pop than he offers

Agreed. Marwin is a super utility guy (much like Eric Bruntlett back in the 05 postseason run), but he's not a guy you want starting everyday. You want him on the roster to have a guy to pencil in at multiple positions, but having him be a full time starter isn't ideal.

He is 10X the offensive player Bruntlett was

As the roster is currently constructed, he should be playing damn near every day...and I guess he was pretty close to it until he got hurt and Carter got hot
k20dub
AG
This isn't necessarily a top 10 moment, but when Correa was called up, this place went nuts. The hype was unreal and he lived up to it.
byfLuger41
AG
I saw two Hank Grand Conger Dongers in person. Never seen a GS en vivo so that was pretty awesome for me.
mid90
AG
That game when the dude with the glasses in center field got a Cong Dong right on the face, and Root sports played it over and over in slow-mo
Sea Gull
AG
Wild Card win over the Yankees.
Cen-Tex
AG
Rasmus wetting his hair between innings
Texaggie7nine
Might be a good thing I was banned last night before the game. I might have said something I couldn't explain my way out of and get it reversed.
7nine
Ags #1
AG
Conger robot
Houston Summit
AG
Lowrie grand slam against the Twins was epic because I was at the Juicebox and caught it on video.

Also, the 9th inning comeback against the Halos was awesome.

So many great memories this year. 2016 should be fun!
Texaggie7nine
Whoever makes the thread for next season, make sure to change it to "Astro's Highly Likely and very probable March to the World Series".
7nine
mAgnoliAg
AG
So Chris Davis, Tyler Clippard and who?
First Page Last Page
Page 905 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.