Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,053 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
CT75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
That was absolutely brutal today. I think Hinch should have put Sipp (he has been the best reliever period the last few months) in to start the 8th - seems like when the relievers sit they don't do well and that was a long bottom of the 7th with us scoring 3 runs and having 8 guys bat for Harris to sit.
Agree with this 100% AgBro....we saw it a bit with Gregerson last night between the 8th and the 9th when they had the weird "off the roof" inning w/o scoring. Gregerson came out cold, struggled and was lucky to get out of the 9th without more damage.
Buck Compton
AG
No one is without fault today. Hinch the chief among them. should have been a nice end to the series... Instead we get such an abysmal showing it had me questioning how we have a single save on the year.
mazag08
AG
McHugh and a 3 run leash (not counting ridiculous errors).

Then Fiers. I don't care what inning. Theres nothing to save him for. He could go all day if we need him.

After that, every single reliever is on a one base leash. You give up a hit? You're done. Walk a guy? Done. Hit a guy? Done. No ifs ands or buts.

If McHugh or Fiers is in and not laboring with a lead, they stay in. The end. They go the whole game unless they show signs off extreme fatigue. At this point, you don't dare let the bullpen lose it. Id rather lose it with a starter or long reliever.
coastalAg
AG
quote:
McHugh and a 3 run leash (not counting ridiculous errors).

Then Fiers. I don't care what inning. Theres nothing to save him for. He could go all day if we need him.

After that, every single reliever is on a one base leash. You give up a hit? You're done. Walk a guy? Done. Hit a guy? Done. No ifs ands or buts.

If McHugh or Fiers is in and not laboring with a lead, they stay in. The end. They go the whole game unless they show signs off extreme fatigue. At this point, you don't dare let the bullpen lose it. Id rather lose it with a starter or long reliever.

From reading twitter after the game, it sounds like Kazmir will be available too. I almost wonder at this point if we were hoping to save Fiers for game 1 of the ALCS. I think he has to be the first guy out of the pen at this point.
mazag08
AG
Well then Kazmir becomes the second guy out of the pen. No relievers unless all other options are gone.
jopatura
AG
I've also heard they could save Keuchel's bullpen throw and have him pitch in relief as well. I'm not sure I like either option though unless we're really, really in trouble. It could blow up for Keuchel and Kazmir is always a two-sided coin. My ideal scenario I think would be McHugh goes 7 strong, Fiers goes 2 strong, and Gregerson warms up just in case Fiers has a baserunner in the 9th. Harris needs to be hog-tied in the corner.

Keuchel should have always been up to start game 1 of the ALCS. Sunday to Friday is plenty of rest.

There was no reason, with the off days coming up, that Fiers was unavailable tonight unless he's secretly injured.
mwm
There isn't but one option: win on Wednesday. If you don't win game #5, there won't be a game #1.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If Dallas has an arm left, you pitch him as much as possible... End of discussion.

Mchugh, Dallas/Fiers.

Make it happen.
bullard21k
AG
quote:
Well then Kazmir becomes the second guy out of the pen. No relievers unless all other options are gone.

I just told my buddies this exact thing. There isn't a single person in the bullpen I trust right now...not one.

If mccugh gets into trouble fiers comes in and goes as long as he can until he gets into trouble.

You have kazmir ready for lefties or to possibly pitch the 7th or 8th.

Kuechel is currently my closer.

Harris, fields and neshak aren't even viable options right now with sipp right on that door step. We are done fing around with this bullpen and need guys who can throw strikes and get outs. IMO that currently falls on fiers, kazmir and kuechel....maybe gregerson for a few batters but that's a last resort
mid90
AG
quote:
There isn't but one option: win on Wednesday. If you don't win game #5, there won't be a game #1.
W
AG
I would feel better about Kuechel going out to close the 9th than Gregerson
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Sipp did induce a dp ball. It just got clanked. I trust him most and Gregerson next out of the pen. But I agree try to use none of them.
miller0926
AG
Just got back to Cstat from the game, and wow... I'm gonna admit, I liked Harris pitching in the 8th, he was our best reliever all year and if anyone were to blow it, he's the one I wouldn't fault Hinch for putting/leaving in.

As for the double play ball that Correa botched, Sipp said that him touching it with his glove is what caused Correa to miss it in his postgame presser (although it still was very manageable and should be made 9 times out of 10).
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
Sit Gomez and play Marisnik.

Are you fcking serious? If so are you retarded?

Sometimes you people really amaze me with the chit you spew.

Uhmm.... yeah. If he's too hurt to dive for a pop fly and too hurt that he has to attempt bunts then I see that as a liability.
astros4545
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sit Gomez and play Marisnik.

Are you fcking serious? If so are you retarded?

Sometimes you people really amaze me with the chit you spew.

Uhmm.... yeah. If he's too hurt to dive for a pop fly and too hurt that he has to attempt bunts then I see that as a liability.
How bout this

If we are going to keep Gattis in the lineup, you have to keep the better bat in Gomez

If we DH Tucker instead of Gattis, I will allow Marisnick to play CF and bat 9th

BUt I prefer Gomez/Tucker
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Saying to start marisnick over Gomez is not stupid. Gomez is better than marisnick offensively even if hurt, but I think marisnick catches that fly ball that Gomez let drop. That has happened more than once with him.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Also I still think we should talk more about having 2nd and 3rd 1 out in our big inning and getting nothing...
Chipotlemonger
AG
2 posts in a row, what a badass.
iBrad
AG
Still can't believe we lost today.
Ags #1
AG
I'm not suprise they list at all

1). Being a Houston sports fan I expected a collapse. It's just how the teams in this city operate
2). The bullpen has been a major issues all September. It was good the last two weeks but was bound to but them in the arse again.

Let's just hope they make it a game on Wednesday cause I could see this one getting out of hand real quick
dixichkn
AG
my BAS (Astro version) is worse than my BAS (the one you ALL know and love)
UncleNess
AG
The thing I love about this team is that just when you think it's all crashing down, they seem to bounce back. It's not a highly experienced team even amongst the veteran guys. Today hurt. It hurt bad. But I can't help but feel confident in these guys
Sea Gull
AG
Anybody see what happened in section 318ish? They had to take someone out on a stretcher....I couldn't see what happened initially though. Anybody know anything about that?
Frok
AG
McHugh will pitch a complete game tomorrow and take us to the ALCS.
Ag_07
AG
So this team has been in a position to win every one of these games. I expect that to be the same for WED night.

I honestly think we're the better team. The only areas where they're stronger are BP and lack of strikeouts at the plate. I think if both teams play their best we win.

We just need our guys to step up and not let the moment or the atmosphere get to them. Playing the 1 game WC in NY is going to pay HUGE dividends come WED. I don't think they'll be rattled.

I like our chances.
Houston Summit
AG
Gotta jump out on them early. Getting the 2-0 lead in game one in the first inning was big for us. Hopefully we can do that again and give McHugh some wiggle room and allow him to settle in
mwm
I like the way you think...
Farmer1906
AG
Is Crane buying McHugh a tractor?
Mr.Bond
AG
Anyone know where you can by the Astros lonestar flag? I saw a few fans with them at the game yesterday
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
Gotta jump out on them early. Getting the 2-0 lead in game one in the first inning was big for us. Hopefully we can do that again and give McHugh some wiggle room and allow him to settle in
I think you mean a 3-0 lead. McHugh has never lost a game in 2015 where the Astros scored 3 runs and he got the decision.
agdaddy04
AG
Lets hope he has a reason to.
Farmer1906
AG
This year Colin's Med game is 104 pitches thrown. His high is 121. He's gone 8 innings 3x, all resulting in wins.
annie88
AG
yesterday made my stomach ache.

in meeting, check phone, says up 6-2 in 8. get to my car, turn on, says it's tied 6-6. get home in time to see the rest of the slaughter.

Just ugh.

They better poor it on tonight.
AgFan1999
AG
Game's tomorrow.
Ag_07
AG

quote:
They better poor it on tonight.

I have a feeling you're going to be severely disappointed when you get home from work and sit down to watch the game tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 869 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.